User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,725
STO Rally. Looking for Inputs

I have never attended a scooter rally but am considering attending this one in September. I did look at the forum for this rally but I'm looking for inputs from anyone who has been to this rally in the past.

Anyone here planning on going this year?

This rally fits into my vacation schedule. I could go to Branson the first half of the week to make the wife happy then do this rally.

Any other rallys coming up in the southeast this year that anyone wants to comment on?

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
I have it on my calendar, but my going depends on a couple of things,

1st my health at that time

2nd if my 2012 Burgman has sold by then or not
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 15,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I have never attended a scooter rally but am considering attending this one in September. I did look at the forum for this rally but I'm looking for inputs from anyone who has been to this rally in the past.

Anyone here planning on going this year?

This rally fits into my vacation schedule. I could go to Branson the first half of the week to make the wife happy then do this rally.

Any other rallys coming up in the southeast this year that anyone wants to comment on?
I ran STO for two years. It's a fun rally. Eureka Springs is a great location for the rally with lots of twisty roads in the area. There is a fairly good mix of younger and older riders with and without riding ex patience. I Eureka offers good eats and good shopping. The host hotel is a nice venue too.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Yeah, I'm going again this year too. Been down there twice so far. Good roads, fun rides, camaraderie and interesting sights to see. (Dogwood canyon is absolutely gorgeous!!!) This year two friends and I are riding down there to the rally from here in Michigan. I'm looking forward to it. (going to try and win something again in the "show and shine" event)
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
bandito2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,095
Two Years Ago

I payed for the room and rally, and never went. I hate trying to plan in advance. Not doing that again. So, maybe I"ll be there and maybe not. Love Eureka Springs itself tho.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for all the inputs. I still haven't made any definite plans. I'll try to decide in the next few weeks. Hopefully there will be some hotel rooms left.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito2 View Post
Yeah, I'm going again this year too. Been down there twice so far. Good roads, fun rides, camaraderie and interesting sights to see. (Dogwood canyon is absolutely gorgeous!!!) This year two friends and I are riding down there to the rally from here in Michigan. I'm looking forward to it. (going to try and win something again in the "show and shine" event)
Where in S.E. Mi. ? I'm in Clinton Township .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post
Where in S.E. Mi. ? I'm in Clinton Township .

TheReaper!
Not far, maybe 18 miles or so away; just north and to the west a little in Rochester Hills
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
bandito2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #9
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,825
One caveat on this rally, don't expect a bunch of vendors. This has always been a rally about riding the twisties nearby, not so much hanging around the rally HQ during the day. I'd expect 75 or so folks, so a vendor would have to bring pretty popular, high-markup items to make it worth his/her while. We've had a few try their best (esp. Marty with Travelling 2-Wheel and Ian with Two Wheel Touring, LLC), but they just couldn't make enough to pay for their time.

Rally riders are typically over 40 (some exceptions). However, we had a few young bucks that I set up on some pretty aggressive riding last year (e.g., Hwy 374/123 near Jasper) and they rolled back into HQ with their hair on fire. Like anything, the rally is what an attendee makes of it.

Like DRZCharlie, I ran it for a couple of years too (the last 2), and this year I am definitely looking forward to riding and hanging out afterward tipping a few adult beverages and maybe a cigar around the fire pit.
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
One caveat on this rally, don't expect a bunch of vendors. This has always been a rally about riding the twisties nearby, not so much hanging around the rally HQ during the day. I'd expect 75 or so folks, so a vendor would have to bring pretty popular, high-markup items to make it worth his/her while. We've had a few try their best (esp. Marty with Travelling 2-Wheel and Ian with Two Wheel Touring, LLC), but they just couldn't make enough to pay for their time.

Rally riders are typically over 40 (some exceptions). However, we had a few young bucks that I set up on some pretty aggressive riding last year (e.g., Hwy 374/123 near Jasper) and they rolled back into HQ with their hair on fire. Like anything, the rally is what an attendee makes of it.

Like DRZCharlie, I ran it for a couple of years too (the last 2), and this year I am definitely looking forward to riding and hanging out afterward tipping a few adult beverages and maybe a cigar around the fire pit.

Sounds like my kind of rally

Old 08-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Still hoping i can make it , if my Burgman is not sold by then and my health holds up I am going to try.
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #12
driller
Twist and Go

Oddometer: 1,222
Sept 19-22 Cumberland Falls SP Maxiscoot Gathering

This one is coming up in a few weeks. You could make it a "weekender" w/o taking so much time off. Great bunch of people, interesting place to ride and probably the "style" you are talking about. "Ya'll Come!"
All the info you need right here.....
http://maxi-scoots.com/scoot/index.php?board=36.0
2011 PCX 125
2006 Fly 150 "BlowFly 200"
driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #13
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller View Post
This one is coming up in a few weeks.
Put your notice up in the "Stickies" thread at the top of Battlescooters announcing rallies here. You'll attract lots more folks than in a thread about another specific rally.

By the way, driller, that looks like an AWESOME rally.
SmugMug Rocks!

Valentino Magoo screwed with this post 08-02-2013 at 10:04 AM
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
rowdyc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post

It was I that you provided that route during the poker run. We are both over forty. For us, that route was one of the many highlights of the rally. This is strictly a riding rally. Unlike other rallies, most are in rooms way before midnight. As the rides starts early.
I plan to attend this year. My riding buddy from last year is not attending. I hope to find someone else to ride up with me this year??
rowdyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller View Post
This one is coming up in a few weeks. You could make it a "weekender" w/o taking so much time off. Great bunch of people, interesting place to ride and probably the "style" you are talking about. "Ya'll Come!"
All the info you need right here.....
http://maxi-scoots.com/scoot/index.php?board=36.0
Looks like a nice rally but it won't fit into my schedule