ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #136
RoundEye
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
For Sale - KLR650 Top Gun Replacement Shift Lever

Recently purchased from Whitehorse Gear for $29.95, I decided not to use it. This is a brand spanking new, still in the original packaging "Bigfoot" version of the Top Gun Replacement Shift Lever. Like the website says:

"The "Bigfoot" model is as sturdy as the Standard, but is almost 1 inch longer then the stock shifter, a bonus for us folks blessed with generously sized feet or those with big herky boots. Note: The increased length of the Bigfoot lever puts the shifter in front of engine case beyond built-in shifter detent."

This product fits all model years including 2008.

Make me an offer!

Attachment 192094

Johnny Drunkard screwed with this post 08-02-2010 at 07:15 PM
RoundEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #137
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmudd
Garage Items that must go to a new ADV homes!

Nolan Full Face/Flip-Up Size Large $75

Dang! Wish I'd seen this earlier. I've been wanting a flip up street helmet and finally broke down and bought a cheap one that was twice the price of this Nolan TODAY! Oh well.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #138
mr. matteeanne
Bender can pass him

Oddometer: 14,294
Ducati ST4, Loaded, pristine $5500

Listing this for my internet impaired brother.
I can assure you this bike is in excellant condition. My brother is nothing less than an anal master mechanic. Regretibly when asked to go on an adventure ride his response has been "I dont ride my Ducati in the rain"

suberb condition, just serviced, new mich tires,chain,battery. xenon headlamp,heated grips,risers,throttlemeister bar ends,risers,sargent seat,titanium remus silencers,gerbings outlet for heated clothing,each hard bag holds a full face helmet, you won't find a nicer ride for the price. must sell call Ed @ 425.766.7970

Old 10-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #139
TeamGS
Adventure-seeking family

Oddometer: 167
Touratech Sport Seat for R1200GS ($325) -- Boise

Well, Boise Craigslist did not pan out, but I was hoping to sell this locally to avoid shipping. Maybe someone in Boise will see it or maybe you or a buddy are coming through town... After a couple of days if there are no local takers I will take a second offer and ship it.

Sold the '06 GS so I am parting out. Bought this in March of this year -- only used a few months, probably less than 5K miles on it. Excellent shape; no stains, scuffs, or tears. The top black section is some kind of non-slip textured surface and the gray sides have more of a fabric feel.

The stock seat is too soft and after a while it feels like you're sitting on a flat marshmallow. You get stuck in a hole and can't shift your position. This seat is much firmer and holds its shape. You can shift your weight and sit on different parts of the seat over a long day. I thought it was a big help on long trips. Plus the two-tone gray looks especially sharp on a GS with gray side covers (hint, hint).

You can read more details here and see what I paid for it new just a few months ago at Touratech's web site.

Send a PM if you're interested.
-Lisa

TeamGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:29 AM   #140
Racinace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteeanne
Listing this for my internet impaired brother.
I can assure you this bike is in excellant condition. My brother is nothing less than an anal master mechanic. Regretibly when asked to go on an adventure ride his response has been "I dont ride my Ducati in the rain"

suberb condition, just serviced, new mich tires,chain,battery. xenon headlamp,heated grips,risers,throttlemeister bar ends,risers,sargent seat,titanium remus silencers,gerbings outlet for heated clothing,each hard bag holds a full face helmet, you won't find a nicer ride for the price. must sell call Ed @ 425.766.7970

What year is this bike? Did I miss it? How about mileage...............
06 KTM 525exc (plated)
4 time Baja 1000 finisher (08-11) 2x, 305x, 313x, 202x
Racinace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #141
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Oddometer: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmudd
Garage Items that must go to a new ADV homes!

KTM - 23 Liter-6.1 Gal ** Safari Tank ***
Fits KTM 450 & 525 through 07. Mounting brackets/hoses complete. $275.00

Local pick-up or I will be happy to deliver to the North Sound ADV-Thursday M&G (Edmonds). Sorry, I am not willing to ship items!

PM me if you have interest!

Yo Muddman - there's a WTB on CL you should check out -
WTB KTM 450/525 oversized tank (kent)
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/857244296.html
12 Christini 450 Rally Lite
13 Christini 300 E
HalfFastMoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #142
mr. matteeanne
Bender can pass him

Oddometer: 14,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinace
What year is this bike? Did I miss it? How about mileage...............
2001 with 23k miles, sorry.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #143
Ratty2austin
commutercycle

Oddometer: 1,829
tire swap?

So.. I just installed a set of TKC-80s on my strom.. and I dont like them on the street.. not good commuter bike tires.. at least not for this wet weather...

but they are pretty sweet off the pavement

so..

Does anyone happen to have any tourances/trailwings/anakees, or similar (street/sticky) used/almost new that they would like to SWAP with my slightly used TKCs? I have about 1500 miles on them, they look barely worn.. (I can provide a photo if you actually want to consider this)

but I really would like to get some better rain tires for the street as I will be commuting/riding thru the winter on this bike

or if you are selling a set (of sticky rain compatible tires).. that would be cool too
<--- where all the pictures are!
Ratty2austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #144
Dude69
Usurper of Gov'ts

Oddometer: 1,407
Talking R1200GS Adventure Shocks w/Adv kick stand - $700

So... when I bought my 08 GS Adventure I had SSBMW install Ohlins right away to lower the bike to GS height (Wayne can verify). The GSA shocks have no miles on them and the side stand I switched out after a few weeks because the bike was too upright.

I can provide pics later tonight and will take paypal as a method of payment + 3% for their fee. I'm only dealing locally to Seattle area and I can deliver the parts w/in reason. New OEM replacements are about double this price.
IBA #32752
Dude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #145
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty2austin
So.. I just installed a set of TKC-80s on my strom.. and I dont like them on the street.. not good commuter bike tires.. at least not for this wet weather...

so..

Does anyone happen to have any tourances/trailwings/anakees, or similar (street/sticky) used/almost new that they would like to SWAP with my slightly used TKCs? I have about 1500 miles on them, they look barely worn.. (I can provide a photo if you actually want to consider this)

but I really would like to get some better rain tires for the street as I will be commuting/riding thru the winter on this bike

or if you are selling a set (of sticky rain compatible tires).. that would be cool too
Are these the same size as an F650GS? I have a virtually unused set of Tourances in the garage.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #146
Ratty2austin
commutercycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon
Are these the same size as an F650GS? I have a virtually unused set of Tourances in the garage.

Ohhh.. hmm.. I think they are...? well, I know they are the same size as a 1200 GS... 17" in the rear, and 19" in the front
Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #147
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,885
Quote:

so..

Yeah but they're fun for Stuntin' in the rain.

Thought that'd be right up your alley, judging by your snow riding videos..

He he
Old 10-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #148
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,389
Quote:
Ohhh.. hmm.. I think they are...? well, I know they are the same size as a 1200 GS... 17" in the rear, and 19" in the front
yup! Same size. If want to swap, I am game. I'll snap ya a pic to see the tread depth but I am sure the have a few hundred miles max.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:04 AM   #149
Ratty2austin
commutercycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSimon
yup! Same size. If want to swap, I am game. I'll snap ya a pic to see the tread depth but I am sure the have a few hundred miles max.
sweet! guess you want a pic of the tires on my bike too?

when you wanna do a swap day? (yeah, I gotta peel these ones off my bike to give em to ya! )
Old 10-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #150
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Oddometer: 1,281
will they fit a 95 1100GS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude69
So... when I bought my 08 GS Adventure I had SSBMW install Ohlins right away to lower the bike to GS height (Wayne can verify). The GSA shocks have no miles on them and the side stand I switched out after a few weeks because the bike was too upright.

I can provide pics later tonight and will take paypal as a method of payment + 3% for their fee. I'm only dealing locally to Seattle area and I can deliver the parts w/in reason. New OEM replacements are about double this price.

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub
Yeah, on the GS http://vimeo.com/3232838

Notable Past-'01 KLR 250, 95 R1100GS, 06 KTM 950 SM, 69 Bridgestone 90

wsdbikes screwed with this post 10-08-2008 at 09:41 PM
wsdbikes is offline   Reply With Quote