ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #1501
mrazekan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast
don't know the year, but U-haul hitches work real good and are not too expensive...one that fits a 2006 Passat is $170.00.

They also do installations and not a bad job.

http://store.uhaul.com/hitches.aspx
Problem is they won't do it if it comes up on their computers as "not recommended". You have to do it on your own. My SPG is the same way. Any standard 900 is capable of towing up to 3300## with a trailer brake. 1000## without. But the SPG, though it has a more powerful engine and better brakes, is "not recommended" for towing. Maybe because it is 1 inch lower than the others?

AWSHOUSE,
Find yourself a peterman. While there is only one, he may have a doplleganger near seattle.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #1502
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Oddometer: 1,281
WTB Tow dolly or car trailer

Bought one.

I need a car dolly to tow my kia to Ar. Could use a small car trailer also. Anyone have one that is cheap and close to Redmond I would appreciate a call.

Need it by Monday.

would like to be in the 4-600 range. Looks are not important just needs to be able to make 2000 miles without issue. I plan to sell it when I get there.

there are a couple on CL but, seem to be quite a distance and kinda High for what they are.

OR if someone has one that needs to go East I could deliver it to the new owner if it was in one of the states touching Arkansas.

Scott 425 870 1598

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub
Yeah, on the GS http://vimeo.com/3232838

Notable Past-'01 KLR 250, 95 R1100GS, 06 KTM 950 SM, 69 Bridgestone 90

wsdbikes screwed with this post 07-22-2009 at 06:37 PM
wsdbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #1503
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Oddometer: 2,076
WTB DR650 Stock Rear Grab Bars

I am looking for a set of stock rear grab bars for a 96+ DR650. I have an OEM Rack but just bought the Ebay BBQ rack and it requires the stock grab bars to mount it.

I also have a brand new never mounted Shinko 244 17 x 5.10 rear tire for sale. $50 delivered within the greater Seattle area.

I'd rather do it than watch it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

When 51% of the grasshoppers vote, the ants are screwed.

http://godspeed.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
GODSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #1504
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED
I am looking for a set of stock rear grab bars for a 96+ DR650. I have an OEM Rack but just bought the Ebay BBQ rack and it requires the stock grab bars to mount it.
What is this rack of which you speak? Are we talking trade here? I have an '09' DR do I have the rails. Depending on what this rack looks like I may swap???
Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #1505
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ
What is this rack of which you speak? Are we talking trade here? I have an '09' DR do I have the rails. Depending on what this rack looks like I may swap???
This be the rack:

ebay link

So the PO put the OEM Suzuki rack on. This replaces the stock grab bars. I don't have the stock grab bars and the ebay rack requires the stock grab bars.

As luck would have it, a fellow ADVRider in GA has the nice purple ones to match my bike.

If you want a larger rack, the ebay rack gets great reviews.

I'd rather do it than watch it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

When 51% of the grasshoppers vote, the ants are screwed.

http://godspeed.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
GODSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #1506
macfast
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I've had very good luck with trailer hitches from these people. It's worth taking a look at their site >>> http://www.autoanything.com/towing/61A3389A0A0.aspx
macfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #1507
Omi
0o0o0o

Oddometer: 4,290
We are having another bike swap event this weekend. I'll just cut and paste from our website.

07/24/2009 - 07/25/2009
Incredible deals are available smack-dab in the middle of the riding season! Lots of riders find just the bike they want and lots of sellers are amazed out how easy it was to sell their bikes.
Find your new bike or sell your old one at our summer Bike Swap! From BMW to KTM, Suzuki, Harley, Guzzi, Ducati...A huge selection of pre-owned motorcycles will be on hand! Stop by and check out all the great deals on all kinds of motorcycles.
If you have a bike to sell, give us a call. We charge a minimal 11% consignment fee and will handle all the details for you. If your bike doesn't sell, Ride West may purchase it or consign it on the spot, or you can simply pick it up at the end of the event and pay nothing!
Don't forget that Otis will be cookin' up some smokin' BBQ!
Please call 206-527-5511 or 888-527-7433 for more info and to reserve your spot. We'll see you July 24th & 25th!

Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #1508
pckopp
Aged Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,207
Touratech Mount for Garmin GSP V

$40 shipped.

Touratech part number 065-0022

As you can see in the photos, this mount does not include the lower part of the mount that attaches to a crossbar. Compare the photo on the Touratech site to mine below and you will see what is missing.

Apart from the missing lower part, there are two other issues to note.

1. In the last picture, note the red circles. These are rivets rather than the usual countersunk screws and nuts. And most important, the rivets on the left that hold the lower support are loose. The gps still snaps into place, but the gps is not held very securely. All of these rivets need to be carefully drilled out and the original hardware put back in place.

2. The plastic antenna support is cracked. Still works, but I suspect a good ride through the Baja might be it's last.

This would be a good candidate for building your own custom mount.

Paypal works best for me.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #1509
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Portland area: two cast iron skillets

Two skillets, 8" and 12", free in downtown Portland.

Two cast iron skillets! One 12", the other is a cute little 8" model. Old, well-seasoned, but they both have a light dusting of rust on them, so they need scrubbing and re-oiling.

FREE. But you must pick up from the TimmonsShack in downtown PDX. And if you want to see pics, I'll force you to hand over a few dollars
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #1510
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder
Two skillets, 8" and 12", free in downtown Portland.

Two cast iron skillets! One 12", the other is a cute little 8" model. Old, well-seasoned, but they both have a light dusting of rust on them, so they need scrubbing and re-oiling.

FREE. But you must pick up from the TimmonsShack in downtown PDX. And if you want to see pics, I'll force you to hand over a few dollars
SOLD.

I'll swing by next week after work, unless you want to bring them and meet up so I can buy you two lunch.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #1511
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
SOLD.

I'll swing by next week after work, unless you want to bring them and meet up so I can buy you two lunch.
Let's meet for lunch. Or I can just drop 'em on your bike one morning
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #1512
2Track
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
I need to find someone who can bend tubing of 1 inch OD standard wall (1/16") steel to have repair stock for GS engine guards. Anyone know anyone in the Everett/Seattle area at resonable prices? One shop in Marysville wanted $175.00 for a simple bend due to "set up time." I'll need someone a little quicker than that.

TIA
2Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #1513
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Eek Air conditioners x 2

Sold to Mastermarine..thanks man..

Two Window AC units. Both work excellent, they do NOT need a 'charge'. Both have remotes and delayed start feature. We are moving out of state and to a home with central air so we will not need these. These have made the summers over the last few years very pleasant.

Cash and pick up,
Paypal if you want me to hold for you.

Discount for inmates down to 90 buck each
1. $100 Fedders 6000 BTU unit with remote and delay start. Will freeze you out of a small room and will cool a medium room very well.
Can be picked up any time before Monday
18.5 W x 12 H + wings to adjust to larger windows

2. $100 LG 10,000 BTU unit with remote and delay start. Cools a medium or large room.
This one is in the window and it can be picked up on Sunday. We are on the road Monday morning.
20 wide x 14 H + wings to adjust to larger windows

YOU NEED THESE on MONDAY! IT WILL BE HOT...........

can send a pic. they all look the same
also listed on CL as air conditioner x 2

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub

wsdbikes screwed with this post 07-24-2009 at 10:26 AM
Old 07-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #1514
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Car ramps cheap

set of car ramps, those big black ones. barely used

10 bucks

in redmond. will need pick up by sunday as we are leaving monday.

PM or give me a cal

thanks
scott
425 870 1598

Old 07-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #1515
FLYING EYEBALL
out of step

Oddometer: 10,554
FS: 1982 Honda V-45 Sabre

I am listing this for a buddy of mine. Please PM me for his contact info.

Thanks for looking.

"Black with red pinstripe , hondaline fairing , 53,000 miles , new clutch at 50k , new battery , fresh tabs , runs good , pivot points of rear suspension have been drilled and zerked."

$975.00 obo

my photos http://jskustoms.smugmug.com/

save yourself some $ with my smuggy discount code qvMaWy1bTFU7c
FLYING EYEBALL is offline   Reply With Quote