ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #1516
toolfan
Broken Hearted

Oddometer: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
SOLD.

I'll swing by next week after work, unless you want to bring them and meet up so I can buy you two lunch.
Damn.

Lucky.
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #1517
FrostedPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Question Intiminators

I remember reading about the Intiminators being noisy on some installs. I installed mine yesterday and I'm getting the same noise complained about by others. Can anyone tell me what the remedy for the noise was or if it's just normal? I did a serach and read through a few pages but I can't find where anyone found a solution to it.

On another note, I sent my rear shock to Jesse at Keintech to get revalved and resprung and the difference is amazing. Between that and the heavier springs and Intiminators in the front I'me very pleased. Now if I could only figure out where the noise is coming from?????
FrostedPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #1518
awshouse
Downwardly mobile

Oddometer: 435
WTB: WA street legal light DS > $2500 (Seattle)

Looking for a light bike for trails; something that will get me to trails over 30-50 miles o' road.

I don't want a fixer. I want a rider. Please pm me if you have/know of an appropriate bike.

I'm on a tight budget of $2500. I saw and LOVED Transalp's KTM 380 EXC but couldn't quite reach his price (thanks for stopping and showing me though!).

Andy
Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #1519
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedPig
I remember reading about the Intiminators being noisy on some installs. I installed mine yesterday and I'm getting the same noise complained about by others. Can anyone tell me what the remedy for the noise was or if it's just normal? I did a serach and read through a few pages but I can't find where anyone found a solution to it.

On another note, I sent my rear shock to Jesse at Keintech to get revalved and resprung and the difference is amazing. Between that and the heavier springs and Intiminators in the front I'me very pleased. Now if I could only figure out where the noise is coming from?????
They are noisy, get used to it. I think they all make noise. Some people must just have bad hearing and can't hear it. Or they don't want to hear it after spending the money and time on the install. Mine have made noise from day one. I just had the forks completely apart to change fork seals and they still sound the same. I also mixed up some 7.5 weight fork oil to slow down the rebound. I haven't rode it yet to see what kind of difference it made. I was loading my CRF450X yesterday and pushed down on the forks, so smooth and no noise at all.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #1520
SOLO LOBO
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,543
http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/1287220140.html

XT 225?

or a TLR?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/1286544763.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #1521
FrostedPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrider383
They are noisy, get used to it. I think they all make noise. Some people must just have bad hearing and can't hear it. Or they don't want to hear it after spending the money and time on the install. Mine have made noise from day one. I just had the forks completely apart to change fork seals and they still sound the same. I also mixed up some 7.5 weight fork oil to slow down the rebound. I haven't rode it yet to see what kind of difference it made. I was loading my CRF450X yesterday and pushed down on the forks, so smooth and no noise at all.
Thanks Ed! So I take it you didn't notice any damage when you took your forks apart? I guess I'll just live with it. I just wish I would have upgraded my suspension earlier. I have a newfound love for my DR!
FrostedPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #1522
kwisn
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 8,414
That reflex is muy cool.

I think you'd look like less of an ass if you'd shut the fuck up more often. Boondoggle
kwisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #1523
Hammer
Hawlin' aZZ

Oddometer: 2,299
FS: old DR 100 and 2000 YZ250

SOLDThe DR has no title,but had one sometime in the dim past, cause it has some old ORV stickers. $250 takes it. Better hurry, it's on CL too.SOLD

The YZ runs like a raped ape. Has pretty new tires. It's 9 years old, so don't expect some garage queen. No, it was not mine, so all of you that are worried I rode the dogsnot out of it can clam up. Unless it goes more than a week or 2, then I WILL ride the dogsnot out of it.
PM me for info

'06 525 XC "Sledge"
'04 KTM 950 Adventure Thunder
Enough yappin'! Let's ride!

Hammer screwed with this post 07-25-2009 at 07:59 AM
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #1524
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedPig
Thanks Ed! So I take it you didn't notice any damage when you took your forks apart? I guess I'll just live with it. I just wish I would have upgraded my suspension earlier. I have a newfound love for my DR!
Nope, no damage. I don't know what it is about them that makes noise but there wasn't any wear that I could see.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #1525
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
SOLDThe DR has no title,but had one sometime in the dim past, cause it has some old ORV stickers. $250 takes it. Better hurry, it's on CL too.SOLD

The YZ runs like a raped ape. Has pretty new tires. It's 9 years old, so don't expect some garage queen. No, it was not mine, so all of you that are worried I rode the dogsnot out of it can clam up. Unless it goes more than a week or 2, then I WILL ride the dogsnot out of it.
PM me for info
Price for YZ?
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #1526
IpponDuro
Now with Camel Toe

Oddometer: 1,008
Sold.......120/100-18 Sakura dirt shark. This tire only has a few hours on it.

First case of beer takes it.

I might be talked into delivering it for a few $$

IpponDuro screwed with this post 07-30-2009 at 12:16 AM
IpponDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #1527
oldx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,094
I would be happy to buy you a beer Travis, but I don't want your tire.
oldx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 PM   #1528
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 11,016
2006 TE510 Sold
Old 07-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #1529
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
2006 TE510 Sold
For sale again in 3.... 2.... 1....

I hope he don't poke an eye out....
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:18 AM   #1530
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Track
I need to find someone who can bend tubing of 1 inch OD standard wall (1/16") steel to have repair stock for GS engine guards. Anyone know anyone in the Everett/Seattle area at resonable prices? One shop in Marysville wanted $175.00 for a simple bend due to "set up time." I'll need someone a little quicker than that.

TIA
harbor freight. just buy a manual tub bender for about 50 bucks.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote