ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2008, 03:26 PM   #166
randonee
n00b

Oddometer: 0
FREE - Dunlop 908 front tire

Yes, it's free. It has about 300 miles on it. I mounted the rear 908 rally raid about 2,000 miles ago and like it, but I just mounted the front and hated it on the hwy. It was pretty good in the dirt though. The problem w/ it on the hwy is that it caused a pretty bad speed wobble above 65mph. Below 65 it was fine. I went back to the 606 on the front. I read (after the fact, of course) that other folks have had the same issue, but not everyone. It's seems to be okay at speed on the hwy on some bikes, and perhaps some bikes w/ a steering dampeners, which I don't have. BTW, I ride a 2001 KTM LC4e. If anyone wants to give it a try, or if you don't need to go on the hwy, it's your. PM me w/ your phone number and I call whomever responds first.

Note: Local pickup only.

Someone responded, so it's taken pending pick up......

randonee screwed with this post 10-17-2008 at 02:24 PM
randonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #167
Springs
Shipping Wars

Oddometer: 2,270
FS: Trailtech Vector's and remote switches

FS: 2 Trailtech Vapor computers

These are for the Honda CRF450X 07

They are brand new in the box test fit but not run on the bikes!
I am pretty sure they will work on many other bikes as well, Maybe not the temp sensor, it's for the Honda hoses but if same size should be fine.
$100.00 each
Also 2 thumb switches
$10.00 each
Motorcycle Vapor Kits

• The latest concept in motorsport on-board computation. A combined effort from experts in software, electronics, and mechanical design - each feature of this 4th generation product is carefully crafted and constructed with the offroad enthusiast in mind.
  • Speedometer
  • Tachometer
  • Temperature
  • Distance
  • Clock
  • Power
  • Model Specific Kits
Vector Accessory: Remote Switch
$19.95
8500-RS
Remote Switch for Vector computer. 43cm black wire. Optional. Not included in computer kits.

The remote switch (optional, sold separately) is required to access lap timer and rally mode Vector extended feature sets. If not in lap timer or rally mode, the remote switch buttons function as duplicates of the buttons on the main computer.

Lap timer mode is designed for race riders and time trials. Hit the lap counter button each time around the track -- compare lap times on the fly with pace lights, or wait and review precise lap information afterwards. Remote switch required for lap timer mode.

Rally mode is for rally and enduro racing, which requires the rider to be able to adjust the trip distance meter quickly and easily. During rally mode, edit the adjustable distance meter up or down with the remote switch, while the main computer buttons function normally. Remote switch required for rally mode.

Finisher 2009 42nd running S.C.O.R.E Baja 1000, 313 X
Finisher's 2008 41st running S.C.O.R.E. Baja1000 202 X

http://www.snortnboarracing.com/

http://sidestandup.com/default.aspx

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/

RIP Jeff, and now Gary. I miss you both!
Springs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #168
Dude69
Usurper of Gov'ts

Oddometer: 1,407
R1200GS Adv Shocks & Side stand

I have a pair of OEM BMW 2008 R1200GS Adventure shocks with no miles on them, including Adventure side stand.
Bike was lowered at the dealership when purchased.

The parts are @ Ride West BMW's parts swap on 10/18.

IBA #32752
Dude69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #169
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
Eek I'm selling my 2002 Blue/White R1150GS

Yep, it had to happen.

She's on the market.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397662

If any of you know someone in need of a great bike, I've got one - too many...

PM me contact info.

Thanks.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #170
fallzboater
Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Oddometer: 512
WindStrom Manta Windshield for Vee/Wee in Hood River

I sold an '06 DL1000 for a buddy last summer with a different windshield, but have a like-new WindStrom Manta, which I'll sell for $100 if I don't have to ship. This is for an '04-'08 DL650/1000. You're welcome to meet me in Hood River for a try-and-buy Fri-Sun, or most weekday evenings after 6pm. First to come out gets it. I'll also throw in a stock cut-down and black-painted "summer" windscreen, so you don't have to chop yours.
DoD #1360

'94 Cagiva e900 Elefant
fallzboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #171
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

FS: 2000 Yamaha YZ426F

My YZ426F is now in the Flea Market.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398379

It's a real good bike still after all these years...

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #172
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

FS: BMW 2006 F650GS-Dakar and 2007 G650X-Challenge

The two 650s are in the Flea Market.

Check it out, let your friends know.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398744

One or both go....

Old 10-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #173
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,997
WTB 1983 R100RT Exhaust NUT(s)

Strangest thing happened last night - doing an oil change on the rig and I found one of the exhaust nuts was cracked clear across the threads, between two fins.
New $35 plus the vig...
Anybody got used they can spare?
No hurries, no worries - but I wanna' fix it.

Thanks!
tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #174
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger
Strangest thing happened last night - doing an oil change on the rig and I found one of the exhaust nuts was cracked clear across the threads, between two fins.
New $35 plus the vig...
Anybody got used they can spare?
No hurries, no worries - but I wanna' fix it.

Thanks!
I don't know what your- uhh... fasteners look like, but some of the old-fashioned hardware stores have a good selection of metric stainless nuts and bolts, including acorn nuts. An Ace near me even has some chrome metric. They are not cheap, but nowhere near 35 bucks.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #175
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
try Fastenall, Tacoma Screw, Vancouver nut and bolt, etc. probably find what you need pretty easy local. got a pic of the style? sizes?
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #176
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Laugh it's got BIG nuts!

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...70&hg=18&fg=05

Thanks guys, but what I'ma talkin' 'bout here is the "EXHAUST PIPE NUT" (item # 7 on the fiche)...

If'n I had a digicam I'd post a pic. Unfortunately, the lil' darlin' won't let me play with her toys... kids, ya' know.

I'll un-postpone and try the AIRLIST... like they say "Cheapest part on the bike is the nut holding onto the grips!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:55 AM   #177
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...70&hg=18&fg=05

Thanks guys, but what I'ma talkin' 'bout here is the "EXHAUST PIPE NUT" (item # 7 on the fiche)...

If'n I had a digicam I'd post a pic. Unfortunately, the lil' darlin' won't let me play with her toys... kids, ya' know.

I'll un-postpone and try the AIRLIST... like they say "Cheapest part on the bike is the nut holding onto the grips!
western cycle salvage. 503-285-3975. be prepared for a shitty attitude. and they only take cash.

there is the euro bike salvage/shop in Eugene? someone I think Peterman posted a pic of a whole pile of old airheads.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #178
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood
western cycle salvage. 503-285-3975. be prepared for a shitty attitude. and they only take cash.

there is the euro bike salvage/shop in Eugene? someone I think Peterman posted a pic of a whole pile of old airheads.
Tanks!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #179
raindog
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,993
1978 R80/7 for sale

Ok. The airhead is running great now thanks to some help from elastic bovine and Jonas! of course now that she is running great and has no outstanding mechanical issues I gotta sell her. I've got an upcoming neck surgery and need the cash. If you want a great ol airhead..here she is. she has some sort of rebuilt title so I don't really know the mileage. She is ready to go far right now or you could tear her down powdercoat the frame, throw a solo seat on her and some clip-ons and have a bitchen lil cafe'd airhead. She is sitting at Independant Motorcycle repair in Philomath right now and anyone can pop in and take her for a spin to check her out.
I need $2600.00

raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #180
toolfan
Broken Hearted

Oddometer: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
Ok. The airhead is running great now thanks to some help from elastic bovine and Jonas! of course now that she is running great and has no outstanding mechanical issues I gotta sell her. I've got an upcoming neck surgery and need the cash. If you want a great ol airhead..here she is. she has some sort of rebuilt title so I don't really know the mileage. She is ready to go far right now or you could tear her down powdercoat the frame, throw a solo seat on her and some clip-ons and have a bitchen lil cafe'd airhead. She is sitting at Independant Motorcycle repair in Philomath right now and anyone can pop in and take her for a spin to check her out.
I need $2600.00

Man, that's pretty cool.

Too bad I'm broke and my garage is too full. (Thinking of thinning the herd myself.)
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote