ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #766
Mr. Jetmoto
Banned

Oddometer: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris91182
Looking for a stock KLR seat or even just the seat pan would work.

Chris
I've got one just sitting around too if that other deal doesn't work. I have no idea what a stock KLR saddle goes for so why don't you just PM me and we can talk from there.
Mr. Jetmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #767
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,411
WTB Utility/Motorcycle trailer

I am looking for a utility/motorcycle trailer. I have some potentials on craig's list but wanted to check with this group too.

I don't need a big one..4 x 8 is good enough..something to throw a couple of bikes in and also use for gardening and other stuff.

I'm not interested in those little folding red ones..something well built, that rides good.

PM with any leads
Thanks.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #768
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast
I am looking for a utility/motorcycle trailer. I have some potentials on craig's list but wanted to check with this group too.

I don't need a big one..4 x 8 is good enough..something to throw a couple of bikes in and also use for gardening and other stuff.

I'm not interested in those little folding red ones..something well built, that rides good.

PM with any leads
Thanks.
You can buy my pickup box trailer. It is on a Ford 9" rear end. I'll make you a screaming deal.
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #769
raindog
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,990
Quote:

PM with any leads
Thanks.
have peterman build ya one
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #770
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
Quote:

PM with any leads
Thanks.
I'm guessing you missed this one page back. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=123

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #771
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog
have peterman build ya one
I actually thought of that

However, ADV being what it is, Traskrider, a local acquaintance, and soon to be riding buddy, PM'd me and told me he had a functioning trailer for the low price of FREE

So, like 5 minutes after I posted my request, I was in my car driving to tillamook to check it out. Needs lights, fenders and a paint job, but is totally functional, and he's been using it as I will be for awhile Thanks Joe!

It's funny, because I was just at his house looking at his new-to-him 950ADV that he got a smoking deal on, and I never thought to mention anything about a trailer. So it took ADV to complete the deal...that is funny, and another reason I love this place

Fishypants, PacWestGS, thanks for the info and the offer.

Since I will probably be towing this beast down to Yachats with mine and LoudAl's XR's, and a smoker, I just need to get peterman to make me a couple of fenders to bring down to Raindog's and mount em up down there.....any ideas on how to entice him..
Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #772
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,498
Quote:
I actually thought of that

Since I will probably be towing this beast down to Yachats with mine and LoudAl's XR's, and a smoker, I just need to get peterman to make me a couple of fenders to bring down to Raindog's and mount em up down there.....any ideas on how to entice him..
Tickle his arse with an Emu feather...
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #773
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman
Tickle his arse with an Emu feather...
Old 03-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #774
GSHighlander
Enthusiast

Oddometer: 1,577
FOR SALE - 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force ATV

2008 Kawasaki Brute Force ATV for sale and immediate delivery...it's in Missoula so you'll need a truck to pick it up!

it's a 750cc, shaft drive, fuel-injected, camo-colored monster that has just 10 hours of low speed fun on the engine. We used it at our Missoula property with our son and, sadly, this beautiful machine does more sitting than rolling these days.

Someone please take it off our hands and use it how it was intended!

We bought it for $8,000+ from Big Sky BMW in Missoula and it comes with a rear trunk per the photo above.

We're asking $6,500 O.B.O. A full price offer will receive a free 10-hour service from the dealer, which is recommended at 10 hours.

Interested parties please send me a PM.

Thank you!

"Whoa, that's a helluva lotta whiskey before breakfast" --Clint Eastwood

GSHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #775
Dr Jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Lo-Zoot Boots for cheap

Shortly after Wife Katherine taped a picture of Imelda Marcos to my bike:

I began to think:

"Maybe I DO have a few too many motorcycle boots...

So, here are a couple of pairs of decent boots with some life left in them:

Frey Daytona M-Star size Euro 43 (US 9) fits a bit loose:

Note the many micro-cuts from a cotter pin on my sidecar mount- no leaks - they've been sealed with Picard's Leather Treatment - just nasty-looking.

Soles still have a lot of tread left

The Daytona is a Gortex-lined, armored (shin, ankle, toe, heel cup) street boot - very comfortable, especially for wider feet, and quite dry. The M-Star comes with an internal 1.5" lift, which I removed and replaced with Gel inserts. this gives even more room for us fat-footed bog-trotters.

Except for the pictured scarring, the boots are in VG shape, leather has been treated with Picards, all the zippers work (and have been beeswaxed), the Velco still grips. and the soles aren't stupidly worn.

How about $75 OBO for a PNW rider?

Older Sidi On-roads Euro 44 (US 9.5) fits a little small:

These boots have a lot more wear than the Daytonas, some scarring on the left side, scrapes on the vlecro tabs, about 40% tread left on the soles. They do NOT leak, have new gel insoles, and have been treated with Picards, so the leather is soft and flexible.

IMHO, these are the most comfortable SIDI's - the 'SympaTex' liner seems to breath better than most Gortex, and they've more room in the toebox than other SIDI road models - however, they are longer & more narrow than the Daytonas.

How about $40 OBO for local sale?

Always open to trade - especially farkles for R1100GS or F650.

Cheers

Jim
Dr Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #776
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Need Tires/Rims

Ok, so I picked up the free ADV trailer today from Traskrider's work..they at first thought I might be stealing it, but then they came out and looked at the trailer, and said, "no problem, take it." Something tells me they won't miss it being parked there

First, thanks Joe for the trailer and the fantastic price Second, it is actually a pretty stout little trailer, if ugly, but totally workable and did I mention it was Free??

I bought some lights at Bi-mart, ripped one of the "Tillamook Special" fender's off because it was rubbing, and got it home.

It tows great, has leaf springs and shocks...yes shocks .

The particle board has seen better days, and will see a coat of paint before the week is up, as well as figuring out some tie down points; There is a steel frame so shouldn't be a problem.

The tires and rim..well they need some work. Joe warned me and although there is plenty of tread..they are studded . Also, because the rims are from a front drive car, the offset is off and one side is rubbing on the frame, which has worn the tire pretty bad. My buddy Wayne at Les Schwab took the measurments and said I should find old Ford Ranger/Bronco rims and tires about 205/75 and either 14 or 15 inch rims and tires would be fine. He also liked the old trailer saying that it should be good for carrying a heavy load.

So, guys, look around behind your shed, or buried in your garage. Does anyone have the following lying around that they would like to donate to a coast ADV trailer that will be available to haul your stuff if you break down?

Here's what I'm looking for free or close to free (because Laura says I cannot spend a bunch of money on this thing, otherwise we should have just bought a new one or nicer used one and called it good)

Two tires or rims or both, either 14" or 15" with a bolt patter of 5 - 4.5 bolt

I haven't hit the other local tire shop yet, or even craig's list, wanted to post here first.

Yes, I am a cheap bastard, but sometimes you have to be

BTW, this beauty will be at Raindog's for your viewing pleasure

And Allan, I'm sure our bikes will be fine all the way down
Old 03-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #777
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB-PDX
Why is the offset an issue? It looks like the trailer was designed with it in mind...
I supposed if I showed you the other side, it would be clearer. But you can see that with a regular rim it would push the tire away from the wood a few inches, which would be enough because now it is rubbing. I am not an engineer and I really don't want to rebuild the entire box on a free trailer if a different rim will solve the rubbing issue...call me crazy..or lazy.

It might just be that the trailer box has sagged over the years...once again, if the different rim will solve the problem easiest, I'm going that way. But, If I'm missing the mark let me know?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #778
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
let me check on some wheels and tires. you might be in luck.

If the wheels don't fit I have some good tires for it.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #779
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB-PDX
Understood.

You know, there is a really inexpensive way to change the offset of wheels.

Go to the hardware store and buy some washers. This sounds stupid, but I have seen it done on cars, and seen tons of miles put on those cars without any issue.
Doesn't sound stupid at all! The bolts on there now are a bit short for that...but how much would longer bolts be do you think?? Thats a possible option for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood
let me check on some wheels and tires. you might be in luck.

If the wheels don't fit I have some good tires for it.
Well that would be worth a trip to the couv and some beer!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #780
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Doesn't sound stupid at all! The bolts on there now are a bit short for that...but how much would longer bolts be do you think?? Thats a possible option for sure...

Well that would be worth a trip to the couv and some beer!

damn. i'll have to put my shoes on and go outside now aint I...

so lets get this right. its 5 lug by 4.5" pattern?
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote