ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #8506
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,512
TR650 seat cover and foam - $100

Husqvarna TR650 seat cover and stock foam. The cover is made of good quality naugahyde (vinyl/pleather type material). Looks great on the bike. Selling because I upgraded to a Seat Concepts cover/foam.

Cover only: $50
Cover and foam: $100

Installed:

Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #8507
daiberl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
A few tools

Auto body and fender hammers and dollies $15

Air compressor filter and regulator $15

Tumbler / Vibrator $20

Pick up in Lake Forest Park.
daiberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #8508
Indenturedx5

Oddometer: 346
Plastics

I got some CRF450r plastics. I don't have a CRF. Not sure what year. Red in color. Frt fender, side panels, and a rear fender, however it is white. New handlebars, and a fancy pants kinda lever of somekind. Make me an offer pick it up. I am in Longview. I will get some pics of the stuff soon as I can.

Chris

Arc axis clutch perch. part#21-01-003 That is the part number on the fancy pants lever package. It seems the bars are not for a moto. Unless you have a motor on a Specialized kinda bike.

12120 screwed with this post 07-28-2014 at 09:12 PM
12120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #8509
tblume
deus ex machina

Oddometer: 1,787
Peterman has a hiedenau front just taken off- 50%?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #8510
Dansrc51
I need a cape....

Oddometer: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblume View Post
Peterman has a hiedenau front just taken off- 50%?

Hiedenau's don't die... they last forever.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #8511
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 12,995
yep

I also have a worn but trusty front Gripster with a few hunnert miles left onnit.
I rode the hide-em-now in the snow one time,front and rear were both new,,,,rear did okay,,
but the front was scary, and it's not all that receptive to marbly gravel either.
I'm a TKC80 beleever for a front tire! I don't care if they wear out sooner than some others.
They work!,,no doubts, no foibles or quirks to learn, like "they wear out inna day", or "great tire,,unless the road is wet",or "big chunks come off if you brake 'em too hard" or "they really suck in snow".
I'd pick up Ferndog's gripsters if I were closer. I like them for general, mostly highway use,,good tires.
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #8512
transalprider26
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
KLIM Badlands Pro Jacket & Pants, Grey, XXL & 40

Suit is SOLD *******************

Selling my Badlands Pro Jacket and Pants, together or separate. Would prefer not to separate, so someone who wants both gets priority. Jacket size XXL in Grey. Pants are Size 40 Regular in Grey. They're about 2 years old with a handful of long trips on them. No rips, tears, or damage, but you can tell they've been worn. They will be delivered freshly laundered. Jacket has a couple marks from grease/oil, and black around the back of the color from where the helmet liner rubs on it. This is a great suit, has never leaked, and makes you feel extremely safe on the road. Only reason I'm selling is that it's too big for me now, and am trying to raise some money for a big trip. . New, the jacket sells for 899 and pants for 649. Send me a PM if interested. I will reply in order received. (pictures of jacket now, I'll take some of pants tonight)

Thanks.

transalprider26 screwed with this post 08-06-2014 at 09:22 AM
transalprider26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #8513
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 1,030
2006 KLR 650. Excellent Shape!!

2006 KLR650 with just a hair over 14K miles. Excellent shape with no faded plastics, dents or dings. Recent fork service, oil change, and valve check (within spec.) Doohickey just done with upgraded torsion spring. At that time I also cleaned out the oil screen, which requires removal of the right side engine cover, which isnt a big deal, but now does not have to be done. Upgrades include taller windscreen (stock on it now), Daylong style seat (VERY comfortable for on road and thin enough up front for off road too), new UNI air filter, new Renthal SE tall bars, new gel dual compound grips, new wrap around hand guards, aluminum tail rack, KLR specific top luggage box, KLR soft saddlebags, stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear, lowering links (not installed) vacuum petcock block-off plate, less then 500 miles on new Shinko 244 tires and a good set Shinko 705's-not mounted, Thermo Bob 2, heavy duty tubes with Dyna Beads, IMS footpegs and aluminum skid plate, stainless steel header from GEN 2, Euro turn signal switch (convention switches/turns headlight off) billet mirror and choke relocater. I also have most of the stock parts. The oil is fresh, tires new and brake pads good. This needs nothing except a rider and open road.
Tankbag and GPS shown in the photos is not for sale. Everything else is included. 3800 obo Selling to upgrade to bigger bike.

He bought this bike with his own money as a "fixer upper" that he can ride and learn to wrench on. Part of owning is he will buy parts and wrench on it himself. We are going through it together and having fun! I am very proud of the young man he is becoming.
deeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #8514
seatowner
holdin down the 206...

Oddometer: 10
Hein Gericke Men's Timbuktu

Hein Gericke Men's Timbuktu Air Size XL $60

Used only a couple of times, in great condition but too large for me.

Details:

• Insulated waterproof/breathable SheltexTM removable liner
• Safe-StitchTM seam construction
• Adjustable collar, cuffs & side waist belts
• 2-way zipper-controlled arm/underarm vents and back vent
• Hydration pocket system for 20 oz. botta-bladder (sold separately)
• Ballistic Air Flow Mesh outer shell
• Abrasion-Resistant shoulder & elbow material
• Removable CE-Approved Turtle Armor in
• oulders & elbows
• Lumidex® reflective material

Located in Seattle area.
Attached Images

seatowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #8515
Errhead
Low Miles!

Oddometer: 81
Well sorted DR650 in Portland

SOLD TO A ADVENTUROUS INMATE. THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST AND RIDE SAFE EVERYONE.

Hey guys, it's time for me to let someone else have some fun with my DR.

2005 Suzuki DR650 with 8981 miles as of today. 2005s were originally yellow but I liked the idea of her in white so I sourced a full set of plastics in white including a beautiful stock metal gas tank (not shown). Below is the 5.3 gallon Acerbis tank that I use now. The bike is standing on an aftermarket SW-Motech centerstand which makes maintenance much easier. It does not interfere with the stock sidestand. The front springs have been upgraded to a slightly stiffer pair but I still have the originals as well.

Bike is super clean and runs like a top.

The Mods I can think of right now:

Dirt Bagz luggage racks and Scout bags
Pat Walsh Designs cargo rack
DR250 tail light modification
HID headlight
LED driving lights
SW-Motech centerstand
Acerbis 5.3 gallon tank
Keihin FCR carb
GXSR exhaust and mid pipe mod
Heated grips
Voltage meter
WOLO 118db horn
Protaper bars
Rox risers
New TKC tires
Heavy duty tubes
Upper chain roller removed and plugged
NSU screws checked and safety wired
Stiffer fork springs
Bash plate
Bar risers
Custom dash
Seat Concepts seat
Tool tube
Original owner's manual and service manual

I should have all of the stock parts including the carb, muffler, tank, mirrors, handle bars, hand guards, fork springs, tail light, reflectors, bulbs, etc. I probably also have some oil filters and some extra turn signals for when those pesky trees and rocks jump out in front of you on the trail

Details:

Full performance conversion a la "MX Rob" including the rare '01-02 GSXR x40F0x muffler, modified Keihin 39mm pumper carb, stainless Keintech mid pipe, and recommended air box mod. Read about it here if you wish: This bike will lift the front wheel if you are not careful!

https://docs.google.com/presentation...1#slide=id.i12

https://docs.google.com/presentation...nt?slide=id.i0

Custom cockpit with handmade aluminum dash, relocated telltale lights, voltage meter, two PWMs (pulse-width modulators); one offers step-less control of the Oxford heated grips and one controls the output of the left Powerlet socket allowing you to have variable control of any heated gear without the use or bulk of an expensive Heat-troller or similar device.

Complete and very expensive top clamp (model ADVdx), handguard frames, deflectors, and awesome folding mirrors from Highway Dirt Bikes. Notice that the hand guards are not connected to the handlebars but rather to the top clamp which makes for an incredibly strong system and virtually eliminates broken levers, broken throttles, and cracked perches common with every little tip over. The bars are Protaper CR High bend and are mounted on 2" ROX pivoting risers allowing for tons of adjustment to your liking. The switches and LED status lights currently control the heated gear & grip circuits, one will kill the headlight for daytime off-roading and allow you to divert all available amps to heated gear and other accessories. The 4th one is currently set up as my garage door opener. You can configure the switches as you see fit.

The Garmin GPS mount will not be included in the sale unless you want to purchase my Zumo 550 along with the bike.

I currently have the bike set up with a sub-mount Scotts steering stabilizer. The whole kits costs about $500 and is a wonderful addition on gravel, dirt, and especially loose rocks. The stabilizer itself will not be included with the sale as I will be moving it to another bike. However, you can purchase the stabilizer unit only from Scotts for about $330 for an easy install. Unlike most bikes, the DR requires a weld-on post mount for the Scotts damper. I purchased one along with some touch-paint and had it installed. It will stay with the bike.

The DRs don't put out a lot of amperage so most of this bike has been converted to LED so you can get the most out of the stock stator. The dash lights, tail light, and signals have been converted to LED. I have added additional LEDs to the hand guards and rear tail section for a dramatic improvement to visibility for all weather riding here in the Northwest. The headlight has been converted to a DDM 35 watt HID and puts out many times more light than the stock 55 watt halogen.

Additionally, there are 2 10 watt LED spot lights controlled independently by the high-beam switch. These are great for offroading at night!

The windscreen is another hard-to-find part made only for the early (2001 I think) BMW 650. In my opinion it is the best looking windscreen for the DR and it makes it much easier to ride this bike all day on the highway.

There are not that many good choices for bash plates for the mighty DR. I made my own (with professional welding help) from 1/4" aluminum plate. It is much stronger and gives much better coverage than the usual after-market options. It's rubber mounted and dampened for sound reflection control. It has a smooth bottom with no penetrations for "gliding" over obstacles when necessary. Removes easily for oil changes with 4 metric socket caps screws.

Tires are almost new Continental TKCs balanced for smooth highway performance and mounted over ultra heavy duty tubes. My favorite dual sport tires but not cheap.

I made a custom Tool tube mount above the stock tool box

Awesome seat by Seat Concepts (the stock seat sucks)

DirtBagz Ranger bags and racks.

Riding tips from Suzuki

Bike is located in Portland, Oregon and available for test rides for trusted inmates. Price is $4200. Sorry for the long post. Ride safe everyone!

Errhead screwed with this post 08-01-2014 at 05:24 PM
Errhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #8516
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,724
I say "hot damn", fine looking DR there.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #8517
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 11,630
Now that's a nicely done DR.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #8518
deeve
DumbA$$

Oddometer: 1,030
Yeah it is...couldnt you wait until my KLR was moved down a bit!!! Great bike. GLWS

DAVE
He bought this bike with his own money as a "fixer upper" that he can ride and learn to wrench on. Part of owning is he will buy parts and wrench on it himself. We are going through it together and having fun! I am very proud of the young man he is becoming.
deeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:20 AM   #8519
FLYING EYEBALL
out of step

Oddometer: 10,397
fs: Kobalt stainless steel Toolbox

Brand new still in the box

http://www.lowes.com/pd_351988-55738...est&facetInfo=

$60

I'm in Auburn, wa

my photos http://jskustoms.smugmug.com/

save yourself some $ with my smuggy discount code qvMaWy1bTFU7c