ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #106
maiden.jade
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman
I used to live on Best road, out toward LaConner,, the Dutch bulb farmers in the area are great folks, love the Skagit Vally!
The first time I was driving around that area, someone said, "Let's go by Best Road." I said, "Okay, which one?" and he said, "Best Road". Again, I said, "Which best road?" Ha, ha. Took a while for the miscommunication to clear up.

Skagit Valley is my "training ground" when I first bought my bike. The only vehicles I overtook were the bicycles and tractors.
maiden.jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 AM   #107
fallzboater
Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Oddometer: 507
KTM 625 SXC in Hood River

Sad to say, but I've only got room for two bikes in the garage, and it looks like my SXC is getting the boot for the Elefant. I mostly was just riding dirt and gravel roads, anyway, so the SXC was overkill. I still have to clean it up, change the oil, maybe do a valve adjustment, but thought I'd go ahead and post here. The bike is set up for me at 6'-3", 200lb. If you're short, you won't like it.

2004 KTM 625 SXC
KTM 18L tank (actual capacity ~ 5.2 gal)
Renazco (tall) and/or KTM "Comfort" (lower) saddles
Protaper Pastana FMX bars (might swap for lower), Cycra barkbusters
FCR41 carb jetted with JD Jetting needle
Re-sprung for ~200 lb rider, both ends
Watson Performance full "works" fork tuning w/ custom pistons
OR registered, current tag
Unused MT21 front (will mount), Maxxis non-DOT knobbies rear (MX take-offs)
Plastics good, not perfect
I'm sure there's some other stuff I've forgotten.

I'm going to be looking for around $5k with everything. I might start taking some stuff off and selling seperately, though.
DoD #1360

'94 Cagiva e900 Elefant
'01 Aprilia Fuono
'94 Miata CSP
fallzboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #108
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,682
pm'd ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman
got 2 sets of handmade stainless steel mufflers to fit a wide series of airheads, bought for an R100RT,(1979) never installed, ordered some for an older /6 and they sent another set for the RT. Umm, I'd trade 'em for money or whatever else you got. If you put them on a bike, you will ride to your old aged death before they ever wear out.

edit: meh - sorry 'bout that, Peterman! Good price, but I was hopin' for the basement fire-sale...
"cheapest part on the beemer is the nut attached to the handlebars" and all.
TT

tony the tiger screwed with this post 09-18-2008 at 12:24 PM
tony the tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:43 PM   #109
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Hey Everyone .......

I'm thinking I may sell my 94 Ducati Elefant. She's got around 23,000 on the clock. She resides in Eugene ........

Farkles and Such:
HB Crash Gaurds
HB Pannier Mounts (Panniers not included)
Barkbuster Hand Gaurds
Gustavsson tall windshield
Corbin Saddle
All DDL upgrades performed to her.
New front TKC80 with only around 200 miles on it
Rear Scorpian with 1/2 to 2/3s of it's life left.

She does have some scratches on the windshield, and on the left fairing where it attaches to the cowl. This was from a dirt get off around 3 weeks ago, when I was out riding with Peterman. No broken plastic, etc ......
The fairing can be easily smoothened out and repainted maroon to match the bike, or you could just "Lucky Strike" her up and be done with it.

Starts great, runs great, and the only reason I'm thinking about selling her is because I'm picking up an 07 990adv in a couple of weeks, and I have a feeling she will just be sitting around after that.

4000.00, obo ...................

Some Pics .....

If anyone is interested, and wants to know more, just PM me .....

G.
Yet another self, shameless bump .......

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:29 PM   #110
tpepper
Half Fast

Oddometer: 28
elephant

I'm interested. Check you PM's
Tpepper
tpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:21 PM   #111
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepper
I'm interested. Check you PM's
Tpepper
Just to let you know .... I PMed ya back this morning ......

So you check your PMs .......

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #112
mtwillyman
Lost and Cornfuzed

Oddometer: 618
2006 Breva 1100 F/S

deal I am selling my 2006 red Breva 1100. 600 and 6000 mile services conducted at Moto International. Warranty in effect until May 2009. Bike has 6000 miles on it. Extras included: Hard saddle bags, windshield, Stucchi hand guards, stucchi engine guards, Stucchi cat eliminator, Givi trunk and front fenser flap. Price is $8600.00 obo. I have pix on Seattle's craigslist. Thanks for looking. Selling because I want a Stelvio.

Attachment 189925

Johnny Drunkard screwed with this post 08-02-2010 at 06:15 PM
mtwillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #113
BillC
Banned

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwillyman
deal I am selling my 2006 red Breva 1100. 600 and 6000 mile services conducted at Moto International.
A Moto Guzzi what?

Attachment 189929

BillC screwed with this post 11-29-2008 at 08:05 AM
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #114
OsoGuevara
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Laugh Sidi On Road Sympatex Boots US 11 EU 45

I've got a pair of good condition Sidi on road sympatex boots. These are the driest boots out there. The only reason I'm getting rid of them is that they are just a little too snug for my feet so they haven't been worn in over a year.

Size 45 (That's 11 for the American foot.) They have seen a little use, but are still pretty and 100% waterproof. I'm asking $100 and I'm located in Tualatin.

See the ADV take on them here and some other reviews here and here.

Fall is coming, your feet will thank you!
OsoGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #115
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Oddometer: 1,327
Thinking about trading my plated KLX400R for something a little more street friendly with a 600cc+ motor. Somthing like a KTM640E or XR650L. Any suggestions? Here's mine.

It has the usual farkles. I still want to be able to ride stuff like this so a KLR or DR just seem too fat or soft on the suspenders.

I still have the stock tank and headlight. Skid plate is home grown out of 18ga steel. It ain't pretty but it works quite well. Lot's-o-rocks here on the east side. Mileage on the trailtech is 7800 and counting. Gets 50+mpg on the street. The seat is brutal though and the gearing on these bikes seems to be all street or all trail, little in between. If it had a sixth gear, I'd just buy a corbin and ride it into the ground. Opps, done that already, oh well. Give me your thoughts.

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #116
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250
Thinking about trading my plated KLX400R for something a little more street friendly with a 600cc+ motor. Somthing like a KTM640E or XR650L. Any suggestions? Here's mine.

It has the usual farkles. I still want to be able to ride stuff like this so a KLR or DR just seem too fat or soft on the suspenders.

I still have the stock tank and headlight. Skid plate is home grown out of 18ga steel. It ain't pretty but it works quite well. Lot's-o-rocks here on the east side. Mileage on the trailtech is 7800 and counting. Gets 50+mpg on the street. The seat is brutal though and the gearing on these bikes seems to be all street or all trail, little in between. If it had a sixth gear, I'd just buy a corbin and ride it into the ground. Opps, done that already, oh well. Give me your thoughts.
What does it weigh? Does it have the magic button, what do you want for it? Will it fit in the back of a Jeep Cherokee?

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #117
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit
Probably weighs just about the same as a DRZ400E. Probably has the same features too
That don't tell me anything, I have no idea what I DRZ400E weighs, all I know is that the Dakar is too heavy and the XR350 is a kicker only. Not that I have really ridden it.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #118
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al
What does it weigh? Does it have the magic button, what do you want for it? Will it fit in the back of a Jeep Cherokee?
Are you competing with drrags?

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #119
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Quote:

Taco: I thought you had a 400SXC Katoom? Anyways, the 640e is gonna be 50 pounds heavier than your E. XR-L is a nice bike too but it's only 5 cogs too and it's not that much better on the pavement (I've ridden one). I'm guessing funds don't run to a TE610 or 690e.
Al,

KLX400R is nothing more than a green DRZ400E w/ Kawasaki labels.

Brit, I had a 95 RXC400 prior to the KLX. I know I'd be gaining weight with either of my choices but I'm slabbing a lot now just to save gas and I'm not a super intense offroader (like some of the other BendDS guys). You are correct on the money issue that's why I'm thinking about trading. I'm also not too impressed yet with the Huskys or the 690. Too many of the local guys who've gotten Husky's have had too many unwarranted problems. I think my klx weighs right around 300 but I've never had it on a scale. It does have way more snap than my RXC did. A 625 would be nice but they are out of the budget too.

www.benddualsport.com

Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #120
taco250
wannabe adventurer

Quote:
I see some in the low $3000 price range.
I haven't seen any 625's for less than $4K, maybe I'm not looking hard enough. The 525EXC has a 6 speed but used '07s are out of the budget too and even less slab friendly than my KLX.

Loud Al,

I don't think my KLX will fit in the back of a Cherokee unless it had no top and no back seat. The seat height is in the 36-37 inch range.

I'm getting the feeling that trading isn't an option at this time and I'm not ready to sell it outright as I don't have a replacement ride. Better give this some more thought. If anyone is interested in buying it, PM me so we don't hog up this section with unnecessary BS. Thanks for the input.

www.benddualsport.com