Old 08-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
ritchj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaseun
what does he carry his Klondike bars with him wherever he goes? -Jason
Yes.

He doesn't want to waste away to nothing, and isn't old enough to start investing in a beer belly. That's why I'd want the 150Q version.
ritchj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:25 AM   #17
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgerFriesDrink
I believe the Zuma 125 is Fuel Injected:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...08/0/home.aspx

p.s. your avatar is funny
hot damn, you're right! hmmm FI no more jetting, now it's down to getting the right software to remap the FI, can't wait. We'll need a files section on the site for that. thanks for the props on the avatar, i'm a cat 'liker' -Jason
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
scorch OP
Poser

Oddometer: 3,413
Looks like the zuma 125 is the one to get!!
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #19
ernest t bass
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
We need more 125 - 400cc choices.

I can't imagine riding a 50cc Ped in real traffic.

IMO - Scooters need to be able to break the speed limit with all the crazy cagers.

My 150cc Honda Elite is just barely enough.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #20
scorch OP
Poser

Oddometer: 3,413
Scooters really shouldnt have problems in traffic. THe problem with the U.S. is that they give more rights to morons in cars than anyone else including pedestrians. America is way behind when it comes to giving individual traffic rights instead of cars. Its as if they like cars more than people.
scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:23 PM   #21
tcs
Palmer

Oddometer: 137
The Yamaha C3 is a fine piano, but many serious players are turned off by the uniform, "characterless" sound of Yamahas and prefer instruments with unique personalities like the Steinways.

tcs

Cattle of the world: the power has been turned off! There is nothing between you and adventure except your own fears!
tcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 PM   #22
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
yamama have finally given up on the cellphone ringtone market, thank god. I own an AV company and they make some damn good surround amplifiers. -Jason
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #23
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveShaft
I think if they made the C3 as a 125cc or a 150cc scoot like that, that had room for two, it'd have made a bigger dent. But the combination of it's vacuum cleaner-attached-to-a-cooler looks and it's limited functionality kind of blew it out of the water. The storage is long and holds alot, but surprisingly, it's not too deep. You can't even fit a full-faced helmet in there. I know that's probably not the priority of most of the ppl who'd have bought it, but it kind of surprised me. I would believe 110~120mpg from the 50cc scoot.
I tried to dump my full face in it and no go. That means no groceries will fit either. I'll keep my Zuma....even though she's dying. Rebuilt engine and I can't get better than 80mpg. Oh well. She's not doing daily duty anymore, just grocery runs. She'll hold up for a while longer.

If you live in an area where the speed limit is over 35mph a 50cc is not for you. Even at 135 pounds on my Zuma, she's a road hazard on roads with 45mph speed limits. And if you hit a hill? Expect to grind down to 25-30mph on the uphill.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #24
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
I don't know why your's died.

Maybe something was wrong with it from the beginning? I ride mine to work occasionally...50 mile round trip...most of the time WOT. In fact mine is WOT 80-90% of the time I ride it...probably more...being conservative.

If it was rebuilt, it should be good. Not much to go wrong with those motors...as simple as they come. Did they check the oil injector output?

I've got almost 4k of hard miles on mine...no problems. Your Zuma is totally stock right? Mine has a Leo Vince put on within 100 miles of purchase, I'm about 170lbs and don't baby it at all.

Just seems strange as there are a lot of abused Zuma's out there still running fine...even pre bug eyes.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
Doug Just Doug
Silly Party Candidate

Oddometer: 547
I guy I know has one (and a Versys) and runs a scooter-blog called ScootLancaster; may want to check it out.

My stupid little website:Tilted Horizons
Doug Just Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #26
surly357
Cochetopa dreamin'

Oddometer: 541
useful but slow

chiming in kinda late here but i'm new to the whole advrider thing (what a great resouce!) and was pretty surprised to see this forum! we have a pair of c3's and have found them pretty handy within their limitations. the trunk is great- i can fit a six-pack and the fixin's for a barbeque dinner, or chinese food for several, or my lunch, or a bag of crickets and a small bag of dog food from petsmart, or......you get the idea. i have filled up 3 times- 115-118 miles each time, always less than 1 gallon! it gets used for in town errands and just for buzzing out on the county roads (paved and gravel) for the heck of it- what a great way to cool off after a road bike ride (bicycle). yes, 49cc scooters are slooow, especially uphill. i choose my routes much like i would if i were bicycling through town, trying not to be a nuisance, and the main 45mph thoroughfares are best avoided. as far as scooters go, i like the cushman-like style. it has a lot more knee and fore/aft seat room than a ruckus and a normal stem/bar combo- not the cheapo welded unit that looks like it came off an old tricycle. a real gas gauge is a plus as well. i don't think they've been imported as long as the ruckus or in as large numbers- we'll see how popular they become this spring!
surly357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #27
approachbears
250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer: 917
Just to update you and to really quell any doubts about the C3; this guy and his girlfriend made it riding 2 up from Vancouver to Toronto.
To quote him:
"So. We made it.

4486 Kms
Averaged 109MPG.
Took 11 days."

Quote:
Originally Posted by approachbears
They haven't left on their long journey yet, but this is going to be 2-up with way too much gear across a big chunk of Canada on a C3:
http://scootercanada.weebly.com/index.html
approachbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #28
Tinfish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by approachbears
Just to update you and to really quell any doubts about the C3; this guy and his girlfriend made it riding 2 up from Vancouver to Toronto.
To quote him:
"So. We made it.

4486 Kms
Averaged 109MPG.
Took 11 days."
I just took a look at their website. Eleven days with no footpegs and only half a seat to sit on? She is tough.

And their packing job (with those straps running all the way to the front) wasn't what I'd call ideal, but I guess it got them there. Good for them!
Tinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #29
judas
ubern00ber

Oddometer: 123
my dealer has had them sold in advance three or four at a time, so they are certainly selling down here.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #30
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,760
I almost went with the C3 but no passenger space and no top box killed it for me. I got an 08 Zuma and put a top box on the back and ride 2up more that I thought.
It just comes down to application for the bike. The C3 is really attractive for having fuel injection and water cooling.