ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #20446
Yellow Iron
Beastly Adventurer
 
Yellow Iron's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Corners North Jersey
Oddometer: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
Do I have to wait for confirmation? The tag shot was mutilated with photoshop, so I couldn't duplicate it perfectly!

I did get some Karma on the way home. Saved a turtle's life in the Great Swamp. This is NOT the new tag!



NOT THE TAG
We have larger turtles up north.
Have to watch out for these guys I know some one who hit one at seed almost sent him off


Sorry for the Hijack
TAG ON
__________________
Bigger Better Faster More----4 non blondes
Feel the Power of the Wheel
Yellow Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #20447
RUGGER64
COMMUTER
 
RUGGER64's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Along the Hill , NJ
Oddometer: 1,789
Funny, my wife rescued a snapping turtle the other day that was trying to go across Valley Rd.
RUGGER64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #20448
haystack
Just ride
 
haystack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbob View Post
Is this the right gate...
I think we have a security breech!!
__________________
.
.
Indeed, This is a gentleman's game....
Quote:
German W.O.D. Certified
2014 Winner of the Biggest Potato in Jersey
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #20449
PC-Rider
venturer
 
PC-Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Souff Jersee
Oddometer: 4,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Iron View Post

Sorry for the Hijack
TAG ON
I saw one of them down here on Sunday.
Must have had a foot and a half shell on it !
Near my Southern Tag by the way !
__________________
PC + TT

My Thread of Where I've Been: "PC's Adventures in PIctures"
PC-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #20450
RUGGER64
COMMUTER
 
RUGGER64's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Along the Hill , NJ
Oddometer: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbob View Post
Is this the right gate...
Nope,but sure it is a great tag
RUGGER64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #20451
jimmr
Beastly Adventurer
 
jimmr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGER64 View Post
Got the famous Rich"s behind Stewart's in Gillette



Good get, RUGGER64. That's another one off my list, although I was going to do Shrek-in-a-Jeep rather than Gorilla-in-a-Tree.
jimmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #20452
RUGGER64
COMMUTER
 
RUGGER64's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Along the Hill , NJ
Oddometer: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmr View Post
Good get, RUGGER64. That's another one off my list, although I was going to do Shrek-in-a-Jeep rather than Gorilla-in-a-Tree.

RUGGER64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #20453
jimmr
Beastly Adventurer
 
jimmr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGER64 View Post
Got the famous Rich"s behind Stewart's in Gillette



Good get, RUGGER64. That's another one off my list, although I was going to do Shrek-in-a-Jeep rather than Gorilla-in-a-Tree.
jimmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #20454
docgonzo
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 13,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGER64 View Post
Got the famous Rich"s behind Stewart's in Gillette
Steve, for the spreadsheet, the address is:

541 Mountain Avenue Gillette, NJ 07933
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #20455
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
KjClark, Thanks for the confirmation!
The New Tag...
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
The clue...
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
Work day done? Anyone need another clue? Look behind the monkey. The logo on the building should be searchable! With the time stamp, you should be able to figure it out! Before Pepe gets it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
Steve, for the spreadsheet, the address is:

541 Mountain Avenue Gillette, NJ 07933
WTF???

How does one was supposed to find this without "local knowledge", eh?
shame on you!!
enough of these hand offs
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #20456
Jezza
A British Invasion
 
Jezza's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ, USA
Oddometer: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT View Post
WTF???

How does one was supposed to find this without "local knowledge", eh?
shame on you!!
enough of these hand offs

Same here, I couldn't work that one out.


Plus I have no idea what the current tag is


I have Googled FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROPERTY and LION until my eyes went square


__________________
Four Continents ridden, three to go
www.moto-gym.com
Jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #20457
RUGGER64
COMMUTER
 
RUGGER64's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Along the Hill , NJ
Oddometer: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT View Post
WTF???

How does one was supposed to find this without "local knowledge", eh?
shame on you!!
enough of these hand offs
Well, it happens that at least two inmates knew about the location of the tag and about local knowledge , we have had a bunch of them! so the complain is out of place, next time get the tag faster :loll
Try Lyon and VETERAN, since memorial day just passed!
RUGGER64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #20458
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)
 
> 1 BAD HABIT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Clifton, NJ
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGER64 View Post
Well, it happens that at least two inmates knew about the location of the tag and about local knowledge , we have had a bunch of them! so the complain is out of place, next time get the tag faster :loll
Try Lyon and VETERAN, since memorial day just passed!
hey, you stay out of this and get your hands off her!
and for the record, i couldn't find you tag either (until now..)
..and why the heck did you dump Valley Rd. into the mix if it is on Knollcroft??
you guys should retire, both of you! (J/K )
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGER64 View Post
Funny, my wife rescued a snapping turtle the other day that was trying to go across Valley Rd.
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #20459
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 10,282
The problem isn't local knowledge per se since everyone has local knowledge of somewhere; it's that clues need to be somewhat informative rather than totally or mostly useless.
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #20460
docgonzo
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 13,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
The problem isn't local knowledge per se since everyone has local knowledge of somewhere; it's that clues need to be somewhat informative rather than totally or mostly useless.
Welcome to the senior whining club, Waldo. And Adam, REALLY?

I found the VFW tag not with local knowledge, but with deductive reasoning. I could tell by the time stamp that it was, at most, 10 miles from the previous tag. A google search showed just three VFWs in that range. Street view found the proper one in two minutes, even with the photoshop covering up the town. Was not that difficult.

The Rich's tag was about as easy as it could be. Time stamp, and the fact that I usually go to work in the morning by 9, would give you the general route I'd take. The clue had the Stewart's in the background, and the fact that it was a auto repair place. Wasn't hard to find the Stewarts in Gillette, then figure out Richs. Simple.

And I offered more clues if needed. Stop the whining just because you guys couldn't figure out two very simple tags. And the Vetarans Lyons clues were pretty easy as well.

Interesting that Waldo and Adam both complain when the tags are too obvious, and then complain when they can't figure it out. LAME!
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014