Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #211
cRAsH
Banned

Oddometer: 19,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL5A
It's not all on the internet. You have to listen to the local news, not the completely goobered national accounts.

I can't read about it? I have to listen to it?

What other local news outlet should I look for other than the Frontiersman?
http://www.frontiersman.com/palin_news/

Anything NOT on this list I should be aware of?
http://www.usnpl.com/aknews.php

Quote:
It also helps to have been following Palin since she was elected as mayor, an event in which I had a small part when the local radio club didn't like the stance of the imcumbent mayor and we found a candidate more to our liking. Her opponents then sound just like her opponents now, at least they are consistent.
I see now.
You helped get her elected.
No bias potential there...

Maybe her opponents being consistent should be a clue?
Quote:
And I could waste a bunch of time chasing all this down but it wouldn't matter to you anyway.
How do you know what does and does not matter to me?
Here, I'll help you with that erroneous assumption:

If we're talking about the Governor of Alaska, you're right. She's your problem. You elected her.
If we're talking about the women who is currently nominated for VPOTUS, you are wrong.
Dead wrong.
She was NOT elected, she was nominated and we don't have a say in the matter without voting against McCain.
See the difference?

What I sense from a lot of you guys up there is that you're taking it personally that we in the "lesser 48" as some of you so condescendingly call us might have an interest in this relatively unknown woman who is potentially gonna be the stand-in for POTUS.

And you are using the excuse that we 48ers couldn't possibly understand anything about this woman and her abuse of power scandal because the local news media chooses not to post it on the internet for all of us to read about and reach our own conclusions.

Do I have that right?

Quote:
If you really care about this beyond the opportunity to join in the smear Palin pigpile, the info is there.
Oh? I thought you said it wasn't?
Quote:
It's not all on the internet. You have to listen to the local news, not the completely goobered national accounts.
"Smear Palin pigpile", huh?
Nice.
Don't you think you're taking this waaaaay to personally?

Look folks, I understand the intense desire to root for the hometown girl, but this is national politics now, the big leagues. NOBODY gets a pass in the bigs - you can't play if you can't handle the curveball.

Don't worry though, my hunch is you'll get your girl back in another week.

cRAsH screwed with this post 10-30-2008 at 11:05 AM
cRAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #212
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRAsH
What other local news outlet should I look for other than the Frontiersman?...the local news media chooses not to post it on the internet
Where do you think it started? Yes, they do post it.
The Anchorage Dailey Worker News is a much larger paper than the Frontiersman. ADN is by far the largest paper in the state.
Go here: http://www.adn.com/front/
It will lead you to this: http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/ Go nuts. Maybe you will find out that everyone here is not a Palin supporter.

Quote:
...the "lower 48" as some of you so condescendingly call us...
Nothing condescending about that. The "Lesser 48", all those much smaller states, is way South of us.
Quote:
...my hunch is you'll get your girl back in another week.
I got a hunch that you're right. Also got a hunch that this is going to end up in CS&M if this shit keeps up.
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #213
cRAsH
Banned

Oddometer: 19,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S
Where do you think it started?
Well, according to KL5A that's not the whole story, and that unless we were to listen to the local news we can't understand the whole situation.

Quote:
It's not all on the internet. You have to listen to the local news
Do you agree?

Quote:
It will lead you to this: http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/ Go nuts.
I've been reading that stuff for weeks now.
Nothing new that I can see.

Quote:
Also got a hunch that this is going to end up in CS&M if this shit keeps up.
cRAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #214
kodiakfrank OP
Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer: 9,565
Bad cRAsH!
kodiakfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #215
vegasphotog
Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer: 3,255
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enoug...arin-lipstick/

Old 10-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #216
CruisingRam
Frankenbike builder

Oddometer: 503
"The problem for Palin isn't ambition, it's hubris. A more grounded politician would have put in the work to match their aspirations. That Palin hasn't done that bespeaks a tremendous, even scary, overconfidence."
— Ezra Klein
CruisingRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #217
Wheeldog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,640
Attached Images

Wheeldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #218
AK Bear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
[QUOTE=Tom S] ADN is by far the largest paper in the state. [ QUOTE]

Funny, just this morning I was thinking what a small paper it is, just a mear shadow of it's past self. Sadly there's not much in it any more except adds and lame editorials.
AK Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #219
Raymee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
"The problem for Palin Obama isn't ambition, it's hubris. A more grounded politician would have put in the work to match their aspirations. That Palin Obama hasn't done that bespeaks a tremendous, even scary, overconfidence."
— Ezra Klein
Old 10-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #220
Fireground
Parking the engine

Oddometer: 1,667
Quote:
No, I read it. No cites or references there.
From the article:
"The controversy over Governor Palin’s treatment of her former brother-in-law, Alaska State Trooper Michael Wooten, and her dismissal of former state commissioner of Public Safety Walter Monegan has led me to look at the matter as if I had been retained by a client to do so."

Ot course, your opinion has much more weight than someone who does this professionally .

"I have therefore examined the full public record of the Wooten and Monegan cases, including the Wooten investigative files and the recently issued Alaska Legislative Council report that charged Governor Palin with an ethics violation for her role in the dismissal of Monegan"

Yeah, he doesn't cite or list any particluar document (in a column with a space limit). He just states everything he looked at. The basement must not inspire using reading comprehension skills.

I begin to see the tint of rose you have in your glasses. Must come from listening to the hatchet job being performed quite well. Of course, the people weilding said hatchets, in and out of the state, have nothing but the best of intentions. It couldn't possibly be anything underhanded like political payback.

"The report’s finding is thus that Governor Palin should not have taken admittedly proper action against a police administrator who failed to reform a department that, among other things, excused repeated acts of admittedly intolerable officer conduct — including an act that would have been “nearly certain” to lead to criminal prosecution had it been committed by a civilian."

So, you have a choice: properly fire someone for not doing his job and risk heat for an "unpopular" decision and investigation by your "unbaised" opponents, or let him continue failing to do his job for your own safety. What do you do?

Oh, wait. You called this "abuse of power". Guess you tuck your manhood back in the safe deposit box and maintain the status quo.

Fireground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:43 PM   #221
CruisingRam
Frankenbike builder

Oddometer: 503
Fireground- her pressuring of Walt Monegan TO ACT OUTSIDE THE LAW is the issue. Wooten had been disciplined of those ALLEGATIONS that were found to have merit (most of the ALLEGATIONS were unfounded- typical in a bitter custody battle, especially against men) . He didn't get due process, unlike Ted Stevens or Sarah Palin, he was tried and convicted by his superiors in the troopers, with nothing more than a union steward to defend against the ALLEGATIONS.

So Trooper Wooten, for good or for bad, was disciplined ACCORDING TO STATE LAW AND CONTRACT.

For Monegan to take FURTHER action, it would have both broken the law and been a civil liability- you CAN NOT fire someone that has already been disciplined for the same infraction later. To do that would make Wooten a very, very rich man, because WOOTEN does NOT serve at the pleasure of the governer.

Also- these actions were taken BEFORE monegan was appointed- to GO BACK AND RE-DISCIPLINE the guy would have been an abuse of power on Monegan's part.

Monegan was a cop, and sworn to uphold the law- NOT break it on the governers word and say-so.

No, Fireground, to fire Monegan over an issue that was over before he even became the Trooper commander, would have been unethical and illegal.

The governer should have let it go- Monegan did NOTHING WRONG OR IMMORAL OR UNETHICAL- Sarah Palin and family did by pressuring him to BREAK THE LAW.

If I were governer, I know better than to pursue a personal vendetta against a former family member- that is the cost of being an elected official- you have to stop personal vendettas the moment you are elected, or don't run for office.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:33 AM   #222
legion
Lard Council

Oddometer: 12,482
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbEwKcs-7Hc

Transcript

Avengers: Just hold on for President Sarkozy, one moment.

P: Oh, it's not him yet, they're saying. I always do that.

A: Yes, hello, Gov. Palin.

P: Hello, this is Sarah, how are you?

A: Fine, and you? This is Nicolas Sarkozy speaking, how are you?

P: Oh, it's so good to hear you. Thank you for calling us.

A: Oh, it's a pleasure.

P: Thank you sir, we have such great respect for you, John McCain and I. We love you and thank you for taking a few minutes to talk to me.

A: I follow your campaigns closely with my special American adviser Johnny Hallyday, you know?

P: Yes, good.

A: Excellent. Are you confident?

P: Very confident and we're thankful that polls are showing that the race is tightening and...

A: Well I know very well that the campaign can be exhausting. How do you feel right now, my dear?

P: I feel so good. I feel like we're in a marathon and at the very end of the marathon you get your second wind and you plow to the finish.

A: You see, I got elected in France because I'm real and you seem to be someone who's real, as well.

P: Yes, yeah. Nico, we so appreciate this opportunity.

A: You know I see you as a president one day, too.

P: Maybe in eight years.

A: Well, I hope for you. You know, we have a lot in common because personally one of my favourite activities is to hunt, too.

P: Oh, very good. We should go hunting together.

A: Exactly, we could try go hunting by helicopter like you did. I never did that. Like we say in French, on pourrait tuer des bebe phoque s, aussi.

P: Well, I think we could have a lot of fun together while we're getting work done. We can kill two birds with one stone that way.

A: I just love killing those animals. Mmm, mmm, take away life, that is so fun. I'd really love to go, so long as we don't bring along Vice-President Cheney.

P: No, I'll be a careful shot, yes.

A: Yes, you know we have a lot in common also, because except from my house I can see Belgium. That's kind of less interesting than you.

P: Well, see, we're right next door to different countries that we all need to be working with, yes.

A: Some people said in the last days and I thought that was mean that you weren't experienced enough in foreign relations and you know that's completely false. That's the thing that I said to my great friend, the prime minister of Canada Stef Carse.

P: Well, he's doing fine, too, and yeah, when you come into a position underestimated it gives you an opportunity to prove the pundits and the critics wrong. You work that much harder.

A: I was wondering because you are so next to him, one of my good friends, the prime minister of Quebec, Mr. Richard Z. Sirois, have you met him recently? Did he come to one of your rallies?

P: I haven't seen him at one of the rallies but it's been great working with the Canadian officials. I know as governor we have a great co-operative effort there as we work on all of our resource-development projects. You know, I look forward to working with you and getting to meet you personally and your beautiful wife. Oh my goodness, you've added a lot of energy to your country with that beautiful family of yours.

A: Thank you very much. You know my wife Carla would love to meet you, even though you know she was a bit jealous that I was supposed to speak to you today.

P: Well, give her a big hug for me.

A: You know my wife is a popular singer and a former top model and she's so hot in bed. She even wrote a song for you.

P: Oh my goodness, I didn't know that.

A: Yes, in French it's called de rouge a levre sur un cochon, or if you prefer in English, Joe the Plumber...it's his life, Joe the Plumber.

P: Maybe she understands some of the unfair criticism but I bet you she is such a hard worker, too, and she realizes you just plow through that criticism.

A: I just want to be sure. That phenomenon Joe the Plumber. That's not your husband, right?

P: That's not my husband but he's a normal American who just works hard and doesn't want government to take his money.

A: Yes, yes, I understand we have the equivalent of Joe the Plumber in France. It's called Marcel, the guy with bread under his armpit.

P: Right, that's what it's all about, the middle class and government needing to work for them. You're a very good example for us here.

A: I see a bit about NBC, even Fox News wasn't an ally as much as usual.

P: Yeah, that's what we're up against.

A: Gov. Palin, I love the documentary they made on your life. You know Hustler's Nailin' Paylin?

P: Ohh, good, thank you, yes.

A: That was really edgy.

P: Well, good.

A: I really loved you and I must say something also, governor, you've been pranked by the Masked Avengers. We are two comedians from Montreal.

P: Ohhh, have we been pranked? And what radio station is this?

A: CKOI in Montreal.

P: In Montreal? Tell me the radio station call letters.

A: CK...hello?
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #223
configurationspace
delooper

Oddometer: 8,560
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blesm...eature=related
configurationspace is offline   Reply With Quote