Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #61
kodiakfrank OP
Gloria's Cheerleader

Oddometer: 9,436
This is an Alaskan forum and this is an Alaskan issue. If you don't want to read opinions concerning our Governor simply don't open this thread.

Tossing this to the dogs will only dilute the issue.
kodiakfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:04 PM   #62
Spicy McHaggis
Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakfrank
This is an Alaskan forum and this is an Alaskan issue. If you don't want to read opinions concerning our Governor simply don't open this thread.

Tossing this to the dogs will only dilute the issue.
I'll repeat what Frank said, only I'll be a bit less proper about it...

If you don't like it, shut up and stop replying to it!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #63
flan8tive
Flea Tibet!

Oddometer: 2,188
Thumb Thanks Alaska

FWIW...Palin has scored huge with Florida conservatives. We were afraid that our very own Tanning Bed Charlie was on the short list, so her announcement was a huge relief. Not only will the Rebublican base go to the polls, but they are energized. She's a straight shooter and represents "change we can believe in". Snobama picks a DC insider. McCain goes as far from DC as possible. Obama's elitist-defeatist, teleprompted message has been shattered. The Dems are reeling, the game has changed and you folks on the other corner of the continent have reason to be proud and excited.

80 Z50R

flan8tive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #64
Spicy McHaggis
Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by flan8tive
FWIW...Palin has scored huge with Florida conservatives. We were afraid that our very own Tanning Bed Charlie was on the short list, so her announcement was a huge relief. Not only will the Rebublican base go to the polls, but they are energized. She's a straight shooter and represents "change we can believe in". Snobama picks a DC insider. McCain goes as far from DC as possible. Obama's elitist-defeatist, teleprompted message has been shattered. The Dems are reeling, the game has changed and you folks on the other corner of the continent have reason to be proud and excited.
And she's hot!!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #65
kodiakfrank OP
Gloria's Cheerleader

Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #66
KilLeR Kawasaki
Marky A

Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider
Good post, and one without an agenda.
That's how you can call Fox News fair and balanced: right? No spin? No agenda?

He obviously has a slam the dems agenda, and an anti-choice one. But the Fox News viewer could say "no agenda" with a straight face.

Nothing personal, just rhetorical.
http://motodelmundo.blogspot.com/
KilLeR Kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #67
kodiakfrank OP
Gloria's Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilLeR Kawasaki
That's how you can call Fox News fair and balanced: right? No spin? No agenda?

He obviously has a slam the dems agenda, and an anti-choice one. But the Fox News viewer could say "no agenda" with a straight face.

Nothing personal, just rhetorical.
Absoultely, I feel the Dems / Libs want to drive this country in the wrong direction. Defeatisum and pandering to the European Union are not in this countries best interest.

I'm not hiding anything and my agenda is clearly to help steer our country in the direction I feel it needs to go. I believe in the Constitution of the United States and writings of our forefathers.

With that said, I put life and limb in harms way to preserve the rights afforded us by that constitution; this is not for just folks with my same mindset but for all Americans.

kodiakfrank screwed with this post 09-01-2008 at 10:45 PM
Old 09-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #68
cRAsH
Banned

Oddometer: 19,324
Quote:
this is an Alaskan issue.
Bullshit. This is an American issue, Frank.

You just don't want anyone to argue with you.
cRAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #69
kodiakfrank OP
Gloria's Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRAsH
Bullshit. This is an American issue, Frank.

You just don't want anyone to argue with you.
You are certainly correct, on the larger scale this is an American issue.

What I meant by "an Alaskan issue" is that I started the thread as a place for Alaskan's to weigh in on the topic.

I know there are several Palin threads down in the basement but, as I said, I didn't want the issue to be deluted by (no offence intended) by opinions from other than Alaska. I want to see what the people of my chosen state have to say.

As far as not wanting arguments, that's not true; I want to hear other folks opinions but I will also state mine.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #70
Beezer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,132
Hot?... not really.... and how would that make life better for me & mine anyway? I tend to agree with ksnak. Palin hasn't really shown me that much of an ability to govern. She has huge chrisma that seems to get a lot of milage & has somewhat made a bridge between the parties (locally), but I don't think that will cut it on the world stage. Of course the Reps are glad to have someone that's not in jail, under indictment, or under investigation, but really, it's kinda like haveing a young Granny Clampett in the office. I have a real problem with people that think the earth is 5000 years old and global warming is a hoax.... the science is there ... period. As for the Dems taking us in what ever direction... how could we do worse than where we are now? I keep thinking Bush can't possibly do any more damage, but he keeps proving me wrong... we're back to the cold war with Russia... that was supposidly Rice's strong suit. Who really runs the Republican party anyway???? Whoever told Bush & Cheny they can't go to the convention... who in hell is that? It's the same guys that killed McCain's bid in 2000, back when he was a REAL reable (I would have voted for him then). Now he's back in the party fold with Fallwell & the Bush economics plan (10 trillion in debt folks). Nope.. too much sneaky crap with that bunch. I don't see how anybody can look back at the last 7 years & say "yep, we need some more of that", because that's what we'll get.

P.S. read Rice's testamony at the 911 commission - treason!!
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #71
Horatio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
What I meant by "an Alaskan issue" is that I started the thread as a place for Alaskan's to weigh in on the topic.

I know there are several Palin threads down in the basement but, as I said, I didn't want the issue to be deluted by (no offence intended) by opinions from other than Alaska. I want to see what the people of my chosen state have to say.
So, do I count if I spent four years from May until October in Kodiak and Yakutat?
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #72
Horatio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer
Hot?... not really.... and how would that make life better for me & mine anyway? I tend to agree with ksnak. Palin hasn't really shown me that much of an ability to govern. She has huge chrisma that seems to get a lot of milage & has somewhat made a bridge between the parties (locally), but I don't think that will cut it on the world stage. Of course the Reps are glad to have someone that's not in jail, under indictment, or under investigation, but really, it's kinda like haveing a young Granny Clampett in the office. I have a real problem with people that think the earth is 5000 years old and global warming is a hoax.... the science is there ... period. As for the Dems taking us in what ever direction... how could we do worse than where we are now? I keep thinking Bush can't possibly do any more damage, but he keeps proving me wrong... we're back to the cold war with Russia... that was supposidly Rice's strong suit. Who really runs the Republican party anyway???? Whoever told Bush & Cheny they can't go to the convention... who in hell is that? It's the same guys that killed McCain's bid in 2000, back when he was a REAL reable (I would have voted for him then). Now he's back in the party fold with Fallwell & the Bush economics plan (10 trillion in debt folks). Nope.. too much sneaky crap with that bunch. I don't see how anybody can look back at the last 7 years & say "yep, we need some more of that", because that's what we'll get.

P.S. read Rice's testamony at the 911 commission - treason!!
Palin has never been out of the USA for starters. As far as 'executive' ability, there are questions as to her involvement in the companies she stated her executive experience was gained. The town she was mayor of had only 6000 people with a budget of one million. Her abuse of power is also in question. In my opinion, Kathleen Sebelius, the Democratic governor of Kansas is someone who I would like to see advance in our political system. She is gaining a reputation for getting both parties to work together for the benefit of all the people of Kansas.

We need to get everyone out to vote. No matter who is chosen, let's all make an effort to get out and vote.

Okay... now I will head back to the Florida forum.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #73
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Absoultely, I feel the Dems / Libs want to drive this country in the wrong direction. Defeatisum and pandering to the European Union are not in this countries best interest.

I'm not hiding anything and my agenda is clearly to help steer our country in the direction I feel it needs to go. I believe in the Constitution of the United States and writings of our forefathers.

With that said, I put life and limb in harms way to preserve the rights afforded us by that constitution; this is not for just folks with my same mindset but for all Americans.
WOW! Yet, strangely, the republicans support:
A constitutional amendment to take away rights from a minority group (gays) and invalidate state's rights (CA).

Shit all over basically every part of the constitution by arresting and jailing people with no due process whatsoever, and then torturing them. NOTE: I'm actually fine with the torture of terrrists part, but when we kidnap Canadians, who it turns out have done nothing wrong, maybe it's a little out of control.

And lastly, kodiakfrank, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are not one of John McCain's "middle class" worth 5 Million dollars. I would urge you to vote in your own best interests. The republican agenda is not in your own best interest unless you are:

A multi millionaire.
Devoutly christian, AND believe every other religion ought be outlawed.
Not Gay, AND think they should not even exist, let alone be allowed to console each other in a hospital.
not Black.
NEVER SICK.
not a woman.
not a small business owner,
and do not have, know any kids or have anything criminals will ever steal. (because lack of education = increased crime)

Do not drive a car, or eat food and of course do not have any equity in real estate.

If people voted their own best interest, instead of voting because of rote unthinking dogma, this election would not be remotely close.
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:19 AM   #74
kodiakfrank OP
Gloria's Cheerleader

I too feel that Bush and his folks have lead the country down a path of destruction (I used to be a fan of Bush) and they have abused and trampled the constitution. What has happened in the last seven years is, if not criminal, immoral and wrong. Furthermore, they have traded "security" for freedom and in the end, we will have neither.

As far as Obama / Biden goes, it's same old story of career politicians and Washington insiders.

Which brings me to McCain / Palin. McCain is the same old career politician & Washington insider.

The difference is Palin, yes she's reletivly inexperienced but perhaps she still has some decency left in her. Hopefully she will be able to influence the path of the federal government and put an end to the madness that both parties share. That is my hope anyway, will it happen? Probably not.

The only real solution is a strong and viable third party, not one comprised of wornout Repubs and Dems, but one that is true to the people and our constitution. Unfortunately, the strength (political and wealth) of the other two parties will not let this happen. They will fight to the death to keep their monopoly on our government and their strangle hold on our people.

We (you and I) are left with a government that is highly polarized in it's pendulum effect, swinging from extreme consertivisum to extreme liberalism. Meanwhile, I venture to say, most Americans live a more centered life with both conservitive and liberal morals and ideas. That is to say we live a ballanced life, not one of extremism.

kodiakfrank screwed with this post 09-02-2008 at 10:09 AM
Old 09-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #75
CruisingRam
Frankenbike builder

Oddometer: 503
Well, must us Alaskan's think she is doing a great job.

I think she is about to get chewed up. Intrade has started a market on her, based on her withdrawing from the race:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...-palin-market/

And the wonkette has started the "early withdrawal Palin watch":

http://wonkette.com/402448/tuesday-m...ch#more-402448

Just throwing fuel on the fire here!

Book makers in england and ireland have her being dropped by McCain insteadL

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli..._sarah_pa.html
CruisingRam is offline   Reply With Quote