ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #826
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,461
VaTrader, this is a file photo:

It's advertising, shot by some pro, and of a bike none of us have ever been on. Yes, I did the order backward, in shooting the DC shot a few days ago, but I actually shot it for this game, shot it myself, and it was my bike.

Since I still found the last tag and posted it, I still post the next one by Rule #1. Remember that the point of the game is to get out and ride and have fun. Seeing how we kept moving the tag within such a small area, I wanted to give others a chance to participate. As you want to stick with the order being important and I have to go out anyway, I'll post a new location as an alternative. Tagging either would be fine.
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #827
Kyler
Confused Hack Nut

Oddometer: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker

Now for the new tag. It's a first. The tags have so stayed in our immediate neighborhood, I checked with the first pages of the game and this one was OK. Besides, the area was cut from Maryland and there've been several tags in Bal'mo & other citified places.

[snip]

Hmmm... would you mind posting a link to the rule that says " the area was cut from Maryland" is okay? I can't find it.
Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #828
vatrader01
vatrader01

Oddometer: 1,164
From post #53

[quote=Skyclad]Sorry for not checking in lately. Work really and truely does suck.

Since GSSteve has retracted his new tag shot, I was not able to see how everything developed. However, it would seem from the quotes I did see that the drop was made using a file photo (without a bike at that). File photos are not permitted, for either grabbing OR dropping a tag.

In this instance, I think all would agree that a "File Photo" is an image taken prior to the current tag; of a tag object, with a bike, by the rider / player, set aside for a future tag location post.
Here's my concern about "File Photos". I could have gone over and snatched this last tag, posted up, then gone into Photo Bucket and pulled an image I had taken in St. Mary's County or even Garrett County and posted this up as the new tag. That would be real shitty to do, but if you allow "File Photos", this is exactly what you are opening the door to.
Half the thrill of tag is having to deal with the elements, spousal abuse, job responsibilities and creativity given the current situation. If "File Photos" are allowed, be prepared to head for one of the islands .....
I'm covered from Kempton to Hoopersville.
vatrader01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #829
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 5,028
Oh my doG, this is getting as bad as the basement (where I spend too much time now that it is cold, so I should know)...

I like the post, wether one wishes to count it as outside of Maryland, big bloody deal.

Wether you want to cry 'cause it is a photo taken before hand, get over it. He took that pick with the intention of using it for this game. Who cares?

This kinda' garbage ruins games. Rules, referees, and hair-splitters... Just toopid....

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #830
Will DaBeast
Go United

Oddometer: 1,365
Seems like I found this thread just in time
BMWMOA #127619
Will DaBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #831
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,900
VaTrader, I see your point but I also think its getting a bit nitpicky. And posting a tag from Garret County ain't gonna make the game move any faster.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #832
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,828
Ya, I personally think its a little lame to take a "preemptive" tag shot. But he did admit that he took the picture a few days before. He didn't have to tell us that. I think the tag shot should only be taken after, but whatever.

I kinda of hate DC and I'm not gonna go get it, especially this week. But I think it should stand as a valid tag.
Bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #833
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,461
I'd previously read posts through #26, where Skyclad (Game Boss at the time) said he wasn't going to split hairs if a new tag was shot before the last one found. VaTrader's right in that it changed in a later post (#53). So, to have the new target after getting last night's tag, here's a new one in Georgetown. Check the overcast and you can tell it was today. (Yes, I work downtown and commute on the bike.)

For whoever goes after it, there was a police truck parked there and a DC car right behind the bike. The DC cop got out to ask what I was doing and just said OK to the photo when I told him. If they move equipment around and block this exact spot, just get a shot to show you were there.

As for whether the District is eligible to be in the game, it was covered in the first posts (#1-8).

Bob
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #834
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 5,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho
Ya, I personally think its a little lame to take a "preemptive" tag shot. But he did admit that he took the picture a few days before. He didn't have to tell us that. I think the tag shot should only be taken after, but whatever.

I kinda of hate DC and I'm not gonna go get it, especially this week. But I think it should stand as a valid tag.
All those in favor?

Aye.

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #835
BmoreBandit
Gnarly something..

Oddometer: 490
fine, valid tag. but i still think DC should go to VA...it seems like 3/4 of people here live in cumberland (and neighbouring towns) anyway, pulling the game far enough west.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.. H Thompson
BmoreBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #836
slacktrack
TORtographer

Oddometer: 200
If you think we've got it bad, the Virginia game is lucky that they don't have a "used to belong to" ruling or their tag might have ended up as far away as western Illinois (a Virginia county until 1784!)

Maryland Tag-O-Rama Map
slacktrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #837
Armadillofz1
Retarded Motardian

Oddometer: 753
Chillax ladies! don't make me check the EXIF data on all you bishes!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:20 AM   #838
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,558
Looks like you guys got htis sorted out without me. Cool. Sorry wreckchecker, but what was said about file photos is correct. Same thing ahppened on this side of the Mason Dixon.

As far as DC goes, it was indeed deteremined in early posts that Washington would be included in the MD game.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #839
rickrwh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
I just had to pipe in here.

Can someone explain what's "fun" about riding to the cesspool that is our nations capitol?
rickrwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #840
Kyler
Confused Hack Nut

Oddometer: 2,585
Laugh Gotta agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrwh
Can someone explain what's "fun" about riding to the cesspool that is our nations capitol?
+1
Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote