Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
Pro_Marinero OP
Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,086
SPAM ALERT -- OSET electric trials bikes for kids!

I'll start with the obligatory . (MODS- Kick this to Vendors if you want, I posted it here so the PNW folks can see them in person).

If anybody is interested in starting their kids off in riding, check out the OSET electric trials bikes. I'm selling my daughter's 50 and buying two, one for her (6) and one for my son (3). These are amazing little bikes that will teach your kids great techniques that will directly cross over into their MX/off-road riding in later years. Plus, there is no gas, no hot pipes, throw it in your car upsidedown, no noise, ride it in your backyard, keep your neighbors happy, etcetera, etcetera. The throttle is infinitely adjustable from 0 mph to max, and run time can be as long as 3 hours depending on conditions. A small area with everyday obstacles can not only keep your kids occupied for hours but give them an amazing amount of good practice.

The reason why I'm posting this is I told my dad I was going to get one and he got so stoked on them he became a dealer! They come in 16" and 12.5" wheel models. He's located in Ellensburg, but I'll be happy to show off the ones I'll have over here in Puget Sound (both sizes).

Check out the bikes here. Watch the videos. Do a search for OSET on youtube and watch the kids there. These are an awesome way to teach your kids to ride. PM me if you want some more details. I'm excited to get my kids on these!

Also, if somebody has some negative comments about them, please post them up. He's trying to sell these and wants to know what may drive people from wanting to get one compared to a regular MX gas 50. Don't be shy, no offense will be taken. Any and all criticism will be welcomed for consideration.

Pro_Marinero screwed with this post 09-09-2008 at 08:18 PM
Pro_Marinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Marinero
I'll start with the obligatory . (MODS- Kick this to Vendors if you want, I posted it here so the PNW folks can see them in person).

If anybody is interested in starting their kids off in riding, check out the OSET electric trials bikes. I'm selling my daughter's 50 and buying two, one for her (6) and one for my son (3). These are amazing little bikes that will teach your kids great techniques that will directly cross over into their MX/off-road riding in later years. Plus, there is no gas, no hot pipes, throw it in your car upsidedown, no noise, ride it in your backyard, keep your neighbors happy, etcetera, etcetera. The throttle is infinitely adjustable from 0 mph to max, and run time can be as long as 3 hours depending on conditions. A small area with everyday obstacles can not only keep your kids occupied for hours but give them an amazing amount of good practice.

The reason why I'm posting this is I told my dad I was going to get one and he got so stoked on them he became a dealer! They come in 16" and 12.5" wheel models. He's located in Ellensburg, but I'll be happy to show off the ones I'll have over here in Puget Sound (both sizes). He plans on beating all prices out there for these bikes.

Check out the bikes here. Watch the videos. Do a search for OSET on youtube and watch the kids there. These are an awesome way to teach your kids to ride. PM me if you want some more details. I'm excited to get my kids on these!

Also, if somebody has some negative comments about them, please post them up. He's trying to sell these and wants to know what may drive people from wanting to get one compared to a regular MX gas 50. Don't be shy, no offense will be taken. Any and all criticism will be welcomed for consideration.
I'm interested, and will be watching this thread.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
I'm interested, and will be watching this thread.
Me too

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
toolfan
Broken Hearted

Oddometer: 9,543
I also am interested...

I got a godson who is going to be old enough for one of those next year, methinks...
toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
I am also interested! If he can ship to Canada I'm even more interested! I've looked at these for a couple of years and have talked to owners and they get nothing but rave reviews. If you could email me pricing and availability I would greatly appreciate it.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Pro_Marinero OP
Carbon Sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTT
I am also interested! If he can ship to Canada I'm even more interested! I've looked at these for a couple of years and have talked to owners and they get nothing but rave reviews. If you could email me pricing and availability I would greatly appreciate it.
I'll let you know. The first bike will be here Friday. I want to give it a shakedown with my kids before I do anything else.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
Pro_Marinero OP
Carbon Sasquatch

The new bike arrived! Check my review.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
AngryScot

Oddometer: 18,319
looks awesome!
AngryScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #9
Dantegod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Thanks For the Hook Up

I just ordered one ... Thanks for the hook up.. I was watching the video and saw the name Smith on the young lads bike which made a light go off in the back of my dim head.. A good mate of mine, that I have not seen in years, was talking about designing an electric bike for his kids. I rang up the number on the web site and asked if Ian Smith worked there and guess what he and his wife own the company.. After a long catch up with Ian on the phone and plans for him to come stay at my House before the IMS shows where his kids may be performing on the bikes after the Ball of Fools OOPS.. I ordered on for my 7 year old.. I will let you know how it turns out..

Thanks for hooking me up with a freind I had lost touch with..

Paul
www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 4,100
Interested... I just got the oldest tyke a PW50. This looks pretty cool
*Gravy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #11
Pro_Marinero OP
Carbon Sasquatch

So all of you interested parties here.... what's it take to get you to buy one for yourself? What kind of other info do you need? I guarantee you will not have disappointed little riders. The kid next door rode my daughter's and told his dad he would rather ride that than his Polaris 50 quad.

Shipping to Canada shouldn't be a problem. Figure an extra $100 via USPS to get this big box up there. GST and Duty is up to you.

Pro_Marinero screwed with this post 09-21-2008 at 10:10 PM
Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 AM   #12
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer: 2,218
Quote:
So all of you interested parties here.... what's it take to get you to buy one for yourself?
I just need my boy to get older - He'll be 3 months tomorrow - Suppose that's too early to start riding?

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
Pro_Marinero OP
Carbon Sasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_mc
I just need my boy to get older - He'll be 3 months tomorrow - Suppose that's too early to start riding?
Start now! Prodigy in the making. I can't guarantee your wife will be too happy about it though.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
rich_mc
Full Fledged MEM-Ber

Oddometer: 2,218
Quote:
Start now! Prodigy in the making. I can't guarantee your wife will be too happy about it though.
Actually, the wife'd be all for it....but not until the kid could at least walk well...

I'll definitely be keeping you in mind for one when the time comes.....

2011 Connie 1400
rich_mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #15
Dantegod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Got IT

Got it ..Put it Together Plugged it in... My 3 Year Old 6 Year Old and 9 Year old have been jumping on it all day ... Hoping it would charge faster through their stati electricity .... 12 hours for the battery to charge so my 6 year old set his alarm for 3AM to get up and start riding it.. Good thing it does not make any noise because I will still be sleeping..

Paul
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote