Old 04-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #1516
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDog
The new Multistrada Blew it away as expected

the headline reads "The King is Dead"

While the Multistrada certainly has my attention, I have to think that by the time that I get around to buying one (maybe later next year) that BMW will have a more competitive bike on the way.

Still, I see a big GS as a more off-road friendly bike than the 'strada and the Multistrada as falling into a big of a different niche.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #1517
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
The belts are $140 each, so $280 for the belts and close to a $1000 for the valve adjustment and other scheduled maintenance, shop rates are $90 or $95 an hour... So the local Ducati rider who was bemoaning the $1600 OTD (tax included price) for his SR4's service wasn't bullshitting me..
The guy at the local indy shop, Boulder Motorsports, told me that he expected to charge between $1200 and $1300 + tax on the parts to do the 15000 mile services on the MTS 1200's. Ouch!
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #1518
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
With all of the positive press and I'm sure that soon real rider reviews will validate how the new Strada is an exceptional & versatile bike to say the least.

What I find interesting is the comparisons with various other bikes including BMW's and right now these other bikes (loaded GS's & RT's) can be had for thousands of dollars less 16k vs. the 20k (sport/touring editions) will command with substantially less insurance & maintenance costs = especially if you do it yourself.

At the end of the day, who really gives a hoot - Life is to short to get caught up with all this BS.

Buy whatever floats your boat, Ride it into the ground & ENJOY IT!!
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #1519
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by coast range rider
My local Ducati dealer quoted me it will eat up 9 labor hours and 2 pricey belts at every 15,000 mile service.
That's nine hours if all the shims need to be changed.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:59 AM   #1520
FrankDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Tim Carruthers and his wife Carolyn love the new Multistrada

He is talking "Bike of the Year" for the new King.

His quotes ''it makes everything else look old, and What's not to love"
FrankDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #1521
Visian
Look out!

Oddometer: 1,652
Quote:
He is talking "Bike of the Year" for the new King.

His quotes ''it makes everything else look old, and What's not to love"
woo-hoo. he rode it from SF to LA, stopping overnight.

my wife would freakin' kill me if i made her ride our typical 700 mile days on a bike like that.

end. of. story.

what's not to love? talk to me when the odo rolls over 100k.

now, if you swap motorcycles like you do underwear, that's a different (and far more expensive) story.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #1522
FrankDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Were talking the 2010 Multistrada not the 2009 the only relation is in the name. Ducati wasn't even going to use the name Multistrada till the last minute.

Tim road from Cupertino just under 500 miles 2-up most of the way then dropped his wife off at the hotel, and set out solo in sport mode and took it off road.

Read the article for yourself so I don't look bias and get deleted again by your
masters.

Ari road it also. Gave his take. They are responsible to report the negative as well as the positive. It did not look like they could come up with anything negative.
FrankDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #1523
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,380
FrankDog... So you ordered a 1200 Multi and need to reassure yourself that you got the KING of bikes, so you keep posting in GSpot "the king is dead"... it's getting old.. I'm a bit tired of your trolling in GSpot with your king is dead bullshit.. that thread you posted the above in was about the 1100 Multi.. punted to the 1200 thread in Beasts.

Btw, in the same article you refer to above, Tim casually mentions the lean surge condition on either side of 3000 rpm.. which is a well known issue with previous Ducati's.. and I'm hoping it's sorted before production bikes are delivered to buyers.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #1524
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,380
Quote:
They are responsible to report the negative as well as the positive. It did not look like they could come up with anything negative.
Really? And bite the hand the feeds them? It rarely happens.. Just about all bike mags accentuate the positive and downplay the negative, and this keeps advertisers happy..

The 2 negatives mentioned were the useless mirrors at highway speeds; he said he couldn't see much due to vibes, and the lean surge around 3000 rpm.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #1525
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,167
I have a very smooth engine from way down low rpms also, and my mirrors work all the time. Yall keep it up, this could save me lots of money.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #1526
Goss
LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,346
It may just be me but in one of the latest US moto mag articles on the Multi the shot of the bike with both rider and passenger on the bike sure looks crowded. I am comparing it to a GS / GS ADV with rider passenger.

I know this bike is not going to be the pack mule that a GS is but I was hoping for a little more room. I would love to see a photo of the new Multi with side cases & top case with two up to get an idea what kind of room there is with the passenger leaning back on the top case maybe.

The helmet banging game is not my cup of tea.
Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #1527
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goss
It may just be me but in one of the latest US moto mag articles on the Multi the shot of the bike with both rider and passenger on the bike sure looks crowded. I am comparing it to a GS / GS ADV with rider passenger.

I know this bike is not going to be the pack mule that a GS is but I was hoping for a little more room. I would love to see a photo of the new Multi with side cases & top case with two up to get an idea what kind of room there is with the passenger leaning back on the top case maybe.

The helmet banging game is not my cup of tea.
I thought the video posted earlier of someone spotting it on the road showed two up? I'll try to find it again.

Found it...

from the video

bross screwed with this post 04-07-2010 at 11:27 AM
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #1528
Goss
LC8 Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,346
Nice work Bross, I had seen this but had no idea where it may be.

So as I thought with the top case in place it will allow some breathing room between rider and passenger.

Excellent !
Goss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #1529
krampus
get lost

Oddometer: 541
Keep An Eye Out...

...look for a red pickup heading east out of Sacramento towards Utah on I-80 with a Multi12 S Sport in the back.

"I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me."
H.S. Thompson
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #1530
ahattar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Multistrada Demo Day May 22nd @ Hattar Motorsports

Try out the new Multistrada 1200 and the Hypermotard EvoSP on May 22nd at Hattar Motorsports.

The demo days usually fill up very quickly, so get to the shop early.

If you put a deposit down with us on the new Multistrada, you are invited to a private demo day and lunch on the coast, Sunday May 23rd. Only the first 30 can play!

www.hattarmoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....0376201&ref=mf
ahattar is offline   Reply With Quote