User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #1531
ahattar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Multistrada Demo Day May 22nd @ Hattar Motorsports

Try out the new Multistrada 1200 and the Hypermotard EvoSP on May 22nd at Hattar Motorsports.

The demo days usually fill up very quickly, so get to the shop early.

If you put a deposit down with us on the new Multistrada, you are invited to a private demo day and lunch on the coast, Sunday May 23rd. Only the first 30 can play!

www.hattarmoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....0376201&ref=mf
ahattar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:00 AM   #1532
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahattar
Try out the new Multistrada 1200 and the Hypermotard EvoSP on May 22nd at Hattar Motorsports.

The demo days usually fill up very quickly, so get to the shop early.

If you put a deposit down with us on the new Multistrada, you are invited to a private demo day and lunch on the coast, Sunday May 23rd. Only the first 30 can play!

www.hattarmoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....0376201&ref=mf

The website is all flash and very little substance.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #1533
ahattar
Adventurer

[QUOTE=gelandestrasse]

So I guess that means you don't want to try out the new Multi?

ahattar screwed with this post 04-08-2010 at 08:40 AM
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #1534
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahattar
So I guess that means you don't want to try out the new Multi?
No, it means, the website is an incompatible piece of ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #1535
ahattar
Adventurer

Wow, classy. Why don't you call me and tell me about it.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #1536
mmcannava
Doc

Oddometer: 61
I thought that was a cool website...nice flash animation...good layout...Safari browser.

What's the issue?

I got an email from Ducati with links to MTS1200 manuals...hopefully this is in anticipation of my bike arriving in the next month or two? (Deposit placed last year)

Anyone else get that email?
mmcannava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #1537
ahattar
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcannava
I thought that was a cool website...nice flash animation...good layout...Safari browser.

What's the issue?

I got an email from Ducati with links to MTS1200 manuals...hopefully this is in anticipation of my bike arriving in the next month or two? (Deposit placed last year)

Anyone else get that email?
The reservation period opened with Ducati on Tuesday. So be happy with your dealer because they put your order through. Anybody that didn't get an email that has a deposit, should give their dealer a call.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #1538
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Question Adjustable ride height?

After watching the early Ducati vid that describes the different riding modes it seems to indicate that the front and rear suspension preload is electronically adjustable to change ride height - high for enduro, low for sport etc. Then in the latest video that I've seen, a factory rep says specifically that ONLY the rear preload is adjustable and the front forks are only adjustable in the amount of damping they produce.

I've called all of the local Duc dealer shops and nobody seems to know the answer, even the mechanics who have gone to the MTS training and are supposedly "experts" on everything about these bikes.

Does anybody here know for sure what's up regarding the adjustability of the fork spring preload?
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #1539
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpooch00
After watching the early Ducati vid that describes the different riding modes it seems to indicate that the front and rear suspension preload is electronically adjustable to change ride height - high for enduro, low for sport etc. Then in the latest video that I've seen, a factory rep says specifically that ONLY the rear preload is adjustable and the front forks are only adjustable in the amount of damping they produce.

I've called all of the local Duc dealer shops and nobody seems to know the answer, even the mechanics who have gone to the MTS training and are supposedly "experts" on everything about these bikes.

Does anybody here know for sure what's up regarding the adjustability of the fork spring preload?
From Ducati's website, I'd say rear only for preload:

Ducati Electronic Suspension by Ohlins
The ‘S’ version of the Multistrada 1200 is equipped with the latest generation 48mm Öhlins forks featuring the innovative Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES). The brand new fork technology enables rebound and compression damping adjustments electronically controlled via the instrument panel. The top of the range Öhlins TTX rear monoshock is also adjusted electronically in both spring pre-load and rebound and compression damping.
The electronic suspension adjustment can be made easily by using the pre-set riding modes, which have been developed by Ducati test riders, or independent mode, which allows riders to use their own personal settings. Adjustments made electronically send a signal that initiates electronic actuators mounted on the suspension units.
In addition to the riding modes of Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro, there is also an option to quickly change the suspension setting to suit ‘rider only’, ‘rider with luggage’, ‘rider and passenger’ or ‘rider and passenger with luggage’.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #1540
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
From Ducati's website, I'd say rear only for preload:

Ducati Electronic Suspension by Ohlins
The ‘S’ version of the Multistrada 1200 is equipped with the latest generation 48mm Öhlins forks featuring the innovative Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES). The brand new fork technology enables rebound and compression damping adjustments electronically controlled via the instrument panel. The top of the range Öhlins TTX rear monoshock is also adjusted electronically in both spring pre-load and rebound and compression damping.
The electronic suspension adjustment can be made easily by using the pre-set riding modes, which have been developed by Ducati test riders, or independent mode, which allows riders to use their own personal settings. Adjustments made electronically send a signal that initiates electronic actuators mounted on the suspension units.
In addition to the riding modes of Sport, Touring, Urban and Enduro, there is also an option to quickly change the suspension setting to suit ‘rider only’, ‘rider with luggage’, ‘rider and passenger’ or ‘rider and passenger with luggage’.
That's exactly what I understood too.

So how does the electronically adjustable ride height work? In other words, how does the bike adjust itself to a higher or lower ride height for sport=low and enduro=high if the front fork springs have a fixed amount of preload and are not adjustable?

I think I must be missing something, but I can't figure out what. Here's a link to the vid that seems to contradict the adjustibility issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agc9NInB158
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #1541
jackpiner57
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,664
Any motorcycle promotional video that doesn't include audio of the engine's music is completely worthless.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #1542
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,228
I don't see how it could be possible to have electronically adjustable suspension travel, but I have been wrong before, really long time ago.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #1543
Earthshake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpooch00
Current issue of Motorcyclist reports you need a wrench to adjust fork preload on the S.
Earthshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #1544
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
I'm betting the promo vid was flat wrong, as indeed was the early press kit.

"The brand new fork technology enables spring pre-load and rebound and compression damping adjustments electronically controlled via the instrument panel." (From the version at Web Bike World)

From Motorcyclist and several launch reports, front suspension preload is adjustable but only with a spanner.

Rear suspension preload is adjustable electronically.

As for rear ride height, I am betting there is no adjustment at all, except by adding preload to the spring. Suspension is non-link type, so no adjustable link. And no adjustment obvious on pics of the shock.

Full version here at Kilometre Magazine.

However, given the 170mm travel, you could likely get away with running a lot of free sag on the road in touring conditions. Could then bump up the rear preload electronically to raise rear ride height for quicker 'sport' steering, while retaining some free sag.

Can't see how that would work for 'Enduro' mode tho - where I imagine you'd want more ride height but slower steering.
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #1545
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,130
Let's just get used to the fact, that the rear shock is electronically adjusted for rebound/compression damping and spring preload as well, nothing more...

The front fork's compression/rebound damping, is adjusted electronically and the preload manually.

As we're all aware, this applies solely to the optional S models, fitted with Ohlins.

So set it for feel, or fine tune your sag settings etc., but ride height is not part of the program, despite any miswording or misunderstandings...

996DL

996DL screwed with this post 04-08-2010 at 11:50 PM
996DL is online now   Reply With Quote