ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 AM   #1816
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDog
IIt is the best bike available today and you say it sucks. Is there anyone in anywhere who owns the new Multistrada who can say this.

I don't know of anyone who has it that doesn't rave about it.
Well of course, if someone OWNS it, they OWN it because they LOVE IT!

I really wanted to like this bike.. and I did until I test rode it... I liked certain aspects of it, but the overall package does not work FOR ME.
"best bike available"? For you, but not for everyone. It all depends on what you want out of it.. and you can't come on here and knock people who don't worship at the Ducati alter. And keep it civil or else.. I've edited your thread title.
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #1817
996DL
Buell me
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: too far from the Rockies...
Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug
It was never meant as a "review". It was my personal experience on the Multi. Nothing else. I had extremely high expectation and I wanted to like the bike, but the reality hit pretty hard here.
It seemed to have hit hard enough, that your comments at the tail end of your #1793 posting, certainly got the attention of a few of us.

Your postings after the shit hit the fan, have been considerate and to the point with your impressions.
Almost like a Rolling Stone interview...

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #1818
cug
--
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Sunny California
Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL
It seemed to have hit hard enough, that your comments at the tail end of your #1793 posting, certainly got the attention of a few of us.

Your postings after the shit hit the fan, have been considerate and to the point with your impressions.
Almost like a Rolling Stone interview...

996DL
This is pretty normal for written discussions. We should leave it now as everything is pretty much said and I'm not going to repeat my opinion which I hope is clear that it is my personal opinion of a motorcycle for my personal use case and intended to be nothing else than this.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #1819
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please
 
SkiFastBadly's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Woodinville, WA
Oddometer: 1,513
Man some of you guys are sensitive. You'd have never made it with the Utah FFs I rode with when I was living there. One guy said my buell didn't leak, it menstruated.

Everybody who's cranky, go ride for awhile.

But not on a Ducati, because they suck.
Not on a Buell, because they're unreliable POS.
Not on a KLR because they're for cheap bastards
Not on a Harley, they're for posers
Not on a BMW, they're for people who wish they were Ewan McGreggor
Not on a KTM, they're way overpriced
Not on any jap anese bike, they have no personality.

Did I miss anything?
__________________
The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #1820
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding
 
Lion BR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 3,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
Man some of you guys are sensitive. You'd have never made it with the Utah FFs I rode with when I was living there. One guy said my buell didn't leak, it menstruated.

Everybody who's cranky, go ride for awhile.

But not on a Ducati, because they suck.
Not on a Buell, because they're unreliable POS.
Not on a KLR because they're for cheap bastards
Not on a Harley, they're for posers
Not on a BMW, they're for people who wish they were Ewan McGreggor
Not on a KTM, they're way overpriced
Not on any jap anese bike, they have no personality.

Did I miss anything?
Where is the Triumph?
Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #1821
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please
 
SkiFastBadly's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Woodinville, WA
Oddometer: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR
Where is the Triumph?
Whoops, missed that one

Not on a Triumph, it's a pure styling exercise, underpowered, overweight, and no fun at all.
__________________
The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #1822
996DL
Buell me
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: too far from the Rockies...
Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
Man some of you guys are sensitive. You'd have never made it with the Utah FFs I rode with when I was living there. One guy said my buell didn't leak, it menstruated.

Everybody who's cranky, go ride for awhile.

But not on a Ducati, because they suck.
Not on a Buell, because they're unreliable POS.
Not on a KLR because they're for cheap bastards
Not on a Harley, they're for posers
Not on a BMW, they're for people who wish they were Ewan McGreggor
Not on a KTM, they're way overpriced
Not on any jap anese bike, they have no personality.

Did I miss anything?
Now that's what we needed, a man's man to step up to the plate !

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #1823
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
Man some of you guys are sensitive. You'd have never made it with the Utah FFs I rode with when I was living there. One guy said my buell didn't leak, it menstruated.

Everybody who's cranky, go ride for awhile.

But not on a Ducati, because they suck.
Not on a Buell, because they're unreliable POS.
Not on a KLR because they're for cheap bastards
Not on a Harley, they're for posers
Not on a BMW, they're for people who wish they were Ewan McGreggor
Not on a KTM, they're way overpriced
Not on any jap anese bike, they have no personality.

Did I miss anything?
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #1824
fabienlegall
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 66
Thumb

This Ducati will probably be my next bike

Actualy it depends on how good will be the next Aprilia Tuareg and also on when I'll win the National lottery
fabienlegall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #1825
bikeworm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sin City, USA
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabienlegall
This Ducati will probably be my next bike

Actualy it depends on how good will be the next Aprilia Tuareg and also on when I'll win the National lottery
Picked up my Multistrada yesterday. The dealer was the best. No hassles. The bike is exactly what I thought it would be. Different! My son & I took my GS 1200 and MST1200 out for a ride as soon as we got it home. I can tell you I love my GS & still do! I have no intentions of getting rid of it or my 950 Adv, anytime soon. We never took the MTS out of Sport mode, and probably will never put it into the enduro mode as I have no intentions of taking it off road. The bikes vital's are to exposed. Touratech has their work cut out!!! But on the slab, this thing rips! The fit and finish is excellent, and the electronic gadgetry cool, basically does the same things as the GS with exception to the ride modes. No issues with the fuel mapping. The ambient temperatures was 105 and the bike did not get hot.
I had the dealer put on the slip-on before delivery, as I thought the stock was to quiet. It still is quiet.
Ciao
__________________
If you're not the lead dog the view is always the same!
bikeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #1826
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding
 
Lion BR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon
Oddometer: 3,371
Without pictures we can't verify your story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeworm
Picked up my Multistrada yesterday. The dealer was the best. No hassles. The bike is exactly what I thought it would be. Different! My son & I took my GS 1200 and MST1200 out for a ride as soon as we got it home. I can tell you I love my GS & still do! I have no intentions of getting rid of it or my 950 Adv, anytime soon. We never took the MTS out of Sport mode, and probably will never put it into the enduro mode as I have no intentions of taking it off road. The bikes vital's are to exposed. Touratech has their work cut out!!! But on the slab, this thing rips! The fit and finish is excellent, and the electronic gadgetry cool, basically does the same things as the GS with exception to the ride modes. No issues with the fuel mapping. The ambient temperatures was 105 and the bike did not get hot.
I had the dealer put on the slip-on before delivery, as I thought the stock was to quiet. It still is quiet.
Ciao
Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:06 PM   #1827
Curvesurfer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay area, CA
Oddometer: 356
I love my new MTS12, but it's not as comfortable, useful, or rugged as a GS.

But the GS (particularly the 800 version) isn't as exhilarating to ride on the street as the Duc.

If I could justify owning two $20k motorcyles, I would have kept my R1200 GSA when I bought the Ducati.

For now, I'm prioritizing "fun" over "useful" so the Ducati (and KTM SM) suits my needs. In 15 years that might change, and I may be back to BMWs.

To each his own. I'm glad we have so many great bikes to choose from.
__________________
'14 R1200GS LC
'10 Multistrada S
'08 Brutale 910S
'95 900SS SP
Curvesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #1828
bikeworm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sin City, USA
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvesurfer
I love my new MTS12, but it's not as comfortable, useful, or rugged as a GS.

But the GS (particularly the 800 version) isn't as exhilarating to ride on the street as the Duc.

If I could justify owning two $20k motorcyles, I would have kept my R1200 GSA when I bought the Ducati.

For now, I'm prioritizing "fun" over "useful" so the Ducati (and KTM SM) suits my needs. In 15 years that might change, and I may be back to BMWs.

To each his own. I'm glad we have so many great bikes to choose from.
Agreed about the gs comfort over the mts. I am lucky to be able to have both. They are both great bikes. Just I can't see taking the mts off-road do to the lack of protection. Hell I thought my gs was expensive when it fell over, the mts could break the bank should it end up horizontal.To me its one of the prettiest bike I've ever seen, and the freken power is intoxicating! Ducati got it right, a sit up sport bike for the guy coming out of the dirt!
__________________
If you're not the lead dog the view is always the same!
bikeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #1829
bikeworm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Sin City, USA
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR
Without pictures we can't verify your story.
OK
Photobucket
__________________
If you're not the lead dog the view is always the same!
bikeworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #1830
tserts
Praise San Irritrack
 
tserts's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Yunanistan (Stans baby!)
Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeworm
Picked up my Multistrada yesterday. I can tell you I love my GS & still do! I have no intentions of getting rid of it or my 950 Adv, anytime soon.
Ciao
MTS1200, GSA1200 and KTM950adv, that's just rubbing it in, fuck off...




__________________
BMW F 800 GS 2010 - My Brunhilde
New toys to brake!
Road Rush (Romania, Serbia)
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014