Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #2131
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,247
Im keeping an eye on this thread. Not because im into buying one, but the bike is really a beauty. Ill not fill in with what "I" want, but just saying that bike will be one to chase someday.

I envy you the V2 powerplant, but im right on it...just need some time.

MS1200 nice bike.

Regards
Mikael
Old 01-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #2132
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,135
Well I put a down payment on a 2011 Red MTS 1200 S Touring today. Will pick her up Friday. Dealer made me an offer I could not refuse.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #2133
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450trailrider View Post
Well I put a down payment on a 2011 Red MTS 1200 S Touring today. Will pick her up Friday. Dealer made me an offer I could not refuse.
Congratulations - !

Best price I've been quoted so far is $ 18,850.00 + tax for a new S Touring (Red) with the 600 mile service thrown in.

Seems like the days of paying MSRP are well over !
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #2134
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE View Post
Congratulations - !

Best price I've been quoted so far is $ 18,850.00 + tax for a new S Touring (Red) with the 600 mile service thrown in.

VERY VERY similar deal here. I was really surprised when he told me.

The other dealer I was working with wanted $21750...... Full MSRP ++++++
Old 01-27-2011, 03:42 AM   #2135
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Dayum!!

Quote:
Congratulations - !

That IS a seriously good price! Congrats.

I'm guessing that with the economy in the crapper, the market is starting to become pretty saturated for such a specialized model of bike.

Denver area dealers are making below MSRP deals too - but not that low.

Enjoy!
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #2136
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Both dealers I was working with had 10' non S versions on the floor and would not work on the pricing as much as the 11' Touring versions. I ended up getting the 11' Touring for just $1500 more than a 10' plain abs version (after you add in the panniers and sidestand that I would have bought).

It was a no brainer for me. An updated 2011 Red S Touring version with everything on it I will ever need.

I am so stoked!!

Like I posted earlier though, the other dealer was over $3k higher on an identical (but White in color) bike.....

SidewinderX screwed with this post 01-27-2011 at 06:38 AM
SidewinderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #2137
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450trailrider View Post
Both dealers I was working with had 10' non S versions on the floor and would not work on the pricing as much as the 11' Touring versions. I ended up getting the 11' Touring for just $1500 more than a 10' plain abs version (after you add in the panniers and sidestand that I would have bought).

It was a no brainer for me. An updated 2011 Red S Touring version with everything on it I will ever need.

I am so stoked!!

Like I posted earlier though, the other dealer was over $3k higher on an identical (but White in color) bike.....
Again CONGRATULATIONS - AWESOME BIKE & DEAL !!

Personally, I'd take a spin by the stealer dealer and let them know that they lost your business. It might serve as a wake up call for them...
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #2138
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Quote:
Again CONGRATULATIONS - AWESOME BIKE & DEAL !!

Personally, I'd take a spin by the stealer dealer and let them know that they lost your business. It might serve as a wake up call for them...

I dont want to rub it in their face. The high priced dealer is actually an EXTREMELY nice mom and pop dealer. You could not find a nicer more welcoming shop to work with. I was truly hoping to do business with them even though they are a bit farther away from me.

I emailed the salesman back and let him know that they were "rediculously overpriced in comparison". I am sure he will come back and say that they will price match it but I will not do that to the other dealer.

It is a shame but 3G's is a lot of cabbage. That is a full Termignoni, a few extra parts, etc....
Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #2139
jmelaw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
What dealer?

Care to share where you got it? Me lookin' hardddddd for a 1100ST :) I'm in SE PA (outside Phila) and willing to travel-----or leverage the info to use with my "friends" at Ferracci. Thanks-

Current: '10 990 ADV "R"
Past:
YZ80, YZ125, XR200, CB450s, CR125R, KX500, CB700s, V65S, VFR800, Ducati Monster, 05 DRZ400S, 04 SV650S, Duc Multistrada 1100S and the list goes on.....
jmelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #2140
U235Power
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Picked up my '11 MTS12 S/Touring last weekend... Lovin' it so far...
Attached Images

'11 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring
Alaska 2006: 6/25 through 7/15... 9057 miles in 19 days. A trip everyone should do at least once.
U235Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #2141
mfaoro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Service Bulletin: Rear Brakes

Havent seen this on the thread. FYI to anyone who thinks the rear brakes are crap:

Since buying the bike I felt that my rear brakes weren't grabbing to my liking. I actually had them looked at and was told 'they were within spec.'

So...they seem to be getting worse. I have been purposely hitting them hard to see how they slow me down, if I can trigger the ABS and/or rear tire lockup.

I 'bury' the brake lever with my foot but the brakes d'ont really slow me down, ABS doesnt trigger, etc. I am also concerned about the amount of fork compression I am getting when I think I am getting rear braking and tap the front brake.

Anyway...called the dealer about it again, described the problems above and he said that it sounded like a brake bleeding problem and that he had recently received a Ducati Service bulletin regarding the rear brakes and issues with bleeding them. Apparently the upside down position of the brakes on the newer Single-Sided-Swingarm Ducatis make them difficult to bleed correctly.

Taking it in tomorrow to get this fixed... and then more insane laughter will be heard as I ride down the road not believing how much fun this bike is :).

Michael

ps. will try to get a pic of the clasps on the 2011 panniers. Would love for them to fix the leaking problem as I live in the Pacific Northwet and have a computer in the pannier fairly often.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:28 AM   #2142
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Mfaoro, the 2010 demo bike I rode had way to much rear brake travel. I told the dealer that they should adjust them cause someone unfamiliar with the bike could get in a lot of trouble on a test ride!

My 2011 that I brought home last night has more travel than I am used to but once you go down a few inches it has a very solid brake feel.

Just FYI to others out there. There is definitely something going on with some models brakes.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:12 AM   #2143
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,343
Had my rear brake "fixed"

And it still does not work very well. My 1098s was much better than this bike
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #2144
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,250
I have adjusted most of the play out of my rear brake. Will bleed next, you must remove the rear caliper and turn upside down to bleed. My rear brake works okay, but I think it can be better, hardly ever use it tho unless slow speed turning.

Update: Have since bled the brake. Must remove caliper and push through wheel to right side of bike and twist around so bleed valve is on top. Had lots of bubbles, took about 3 full reservoirs to flush it to no bubbles. Rear brake works now, much better.

llamapacker screwed with this post 03-13-2011 at 11:51 AM
llamapacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #2145
mfaoro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Yah, slow speed turning is the scenario where i most notice it.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapacker View Post
I have adjusted most of the play out of my rear brake. Will bleed next, you must remove the rear caliper and turn upside down to bleed. My rear brake works okay, but I think it can be better, hardly ever use it tho unless slow speed turning.