Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #2146
mfaoro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Just curious - has anyone installed the Ducati Performance footpegs+adjustable foot controls (clutch, brake)?

If so, wonder what you think of them and just how adjustable they are.

Michael
Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 AM   #2147
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,135
I took delivery of my 2011 this past Friday. Over the weekend I managed to put 400 miles on her. I am still extremely excited about this bike.

Girlfriend and I took her out for a good ride yesterday. Went up a local clean freshly paved road that you can hang it out on that ends up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The road is 6-7 miles of curves that the locals know is as good as "The Dragon"....

This bike is just so inspiring to ride. As I made it up the road, (in the lead of course) I was taking it very easy as to make sure and not wring its neck. Did not get above 6K rpm. I decided earlier in the day that Touring mode is definitely the best option for two up riding. I also enjoy the rider-passenger suspension preset.

I felt my girl holding on more than normal as I came through the turns. Up top when we stopped for a cup of coffee I was reassured that I need to be a bit more careful with this bike under acceleration. She said that it was difficult to hang on at times. Even though I did not "Hard Accelerate" yet, I assured her that I would be mindful of that. She was not mad or anything just concerned that I realize the acceleration force that she is dealing with.

I also noticed that the Pirelli Trails are now scrubbed in completely.... All the way to the edge.... No strips left... I felt completely comfortable and really did not feel at any time like I was pushing this bike. Kinda scary actually because I know that with the way it felt, I will be on the edge of these tires a lot.

I averaged @ 45 mpg during the trip and found out how a $20k motorcycle handles on ice... A lot of ice in places on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The night I brought it home I took off the charcoal canister and fixed the associated tubing, mounted and wired my Zumo (new splashscreen of course), and deleted the warning stickers.

Overall I am very happy with the bike. Just a few things I wish to do in the near future.
-1 Powdercoat black the silver guards underneath along with the passenger peg brackets.
-2 Figure out how to mount my Zumo lower than the current Ram mount.
-3 Ride
-4 Ride
Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #2148
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,338
They look nice

But 900 bucks...yikes....I bet there will be more rear sets in the pipeline this year from other companys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaoro View Post
Just curious - has anyone installed the Ducati Performance footpegs+adjustable foot controls (clutch, brake)?

If so, wonder what you think of them and just how adjustable they are.

Michael
ebrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #2149
mfaoro
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
But 900 bucks...yikes....I bet there will be more rear sets in the pipeline this year from other companys
Yah, I am with you there. $900 is a bit much -even for Ducati Performance markup. I actually don't know if they actually exist - every 'picture' I have seen of them looks like a 3D rendering to my eyes.

Really, all I want to do is maybe change the rear the brake pedal for one that is a little farther away from the engine casing. Wider footpegs might be nice too but I would rather have PivotPegs.

Michael
Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #2150
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

im looking at these

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/5709/806/

Look like a nice set.

Quote:
Yah, I am with you there. $900 is a bit much -even for Ducati Performance markup. I actually don't know if they actually exist - every 'picture' I have seen of them looks like a 3D rendering to my eyes.

Really, all I want to do is maybe change the rear the brake pedal for one that is a little farther away from the engine casing. Wider footpegs might be nice too but I would rather have PivotPegs.

Michael
Old 02-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #2151
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,017
Yes the Twisted Throttle pegs look good.
I can't find a price on them, anyone know how much.
I'll probably put a fender extender on also, to try to
keep the front cylinder head from getting sand blasted .
Max
Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #2152
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

here you go sir

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/co...typid=28848499

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
Yes the Twisted Throttle pegs look good.
I can't find a price on them, anyone know how much.
I'll probably put a fender extender on also, to try to
keep the front cylinder head from getting sand blasted .
Max
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #2153
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

I sure do love my Strada!!

Bumpage for the best bike ever made.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #2154
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Dropped of a few parts to be powdercoated this morning.

Should have 1500 miles on my new baby in just 3 weeks...
Old 02-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #2155
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Anyone put handlebar risers on their 1200? If so, what kind?

I can stand up on the 1200 but it's not as comfortable as on my ktm 690 (with handlebars raised by quite a bit). Doable - just a little low.

Thanks for any info.

Michael
I just put these on:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/5711/806/

For me, they make the ergos just about perfect (6', 33" inseam) both sitting and standing. They are a PITA to install though because they don't have a locating pin, so it's hard to torque the through bolt to 47Nm and keep the bar perches perfectly aligned so you can fit the bars back in place.

One other note. If you install these and have a Laminar Lip or other screen that is wider than the stock screen, the bars will hit the screen and prevent the steering lock pin from engaging unless you put the screen all the way up. Not a big deal for me since I typically ride with the screen all the way up anyway, but I thought I'd mention it.

-Sock Monkey
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #2156
mfaoro
Adventurer

Thanks for the beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
I just put these on:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/5711/806/

For me, they make the ergos just about perfect (6', 33" inseam) ught I'd mention it.

-Sock Monkey
Thanks Sock Monkey. Thats great info. I have had those up on my browser for around a week now. Probably time to put in an order.

As an aside, my steering lock does not work. Dealer is looking into it as he had heard about a new computer update that fixes it...Slightly annoying but not too bad.

Was just thinking... After dealing with KTM over the last couple years I am not really bothered by little problems with my Ducati.

Michael
Old 03-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #2157
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Only 900 miles on mine... 6 weeks. Weather hasn't been great here.

2010 base model, I put on the top box and heated hand grips a few weeks ago. Both are awesome, I can;t imagine not having them now. My wife is much happier with her new back rest.

Next mods will be protection, and then perhaps some panniers of some type. Oh and maybe a tank bag and some heated gear....

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #2158
Be Rad The Fish
Movin' Out.

Oddometer: 72
Made a refundable deposit for a white touring including a low seat for $20,139 in Kansas City. Sound about right? Took a test ride, now selling 08 GS. I love my GS, but the MTS fits how I've been riding even better, plus I like to switch things up every so often.

Past: '81 Kawasaki 440LTD, '00 Suzuki Bandit 1200S, '00 Harley Davidson FLHTCI, '03 Harley Davidson FLHRCI, 2007 KLR 650, 2008 BMW GS ADV, 2011 Ducati Multistrada S Touring.
Be Rad The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #2159
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher

Oddometer: 4,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Rad The Fish View Post
Made a refundable deposit for a white touring including a low seat for $20,139 in Kansas City. Sound about right? Took a test ride, now selling 08 GS. I love my GS, but the MTS fits how I've been riding even better, plus I like to switch things up every so often.
If I took another test ride I'd be in the same situation. I'm not done with the GSA yet. I was thinking the same thing about switching it up. Sold my 03 GSA bought the 08 and on the way home I felt like I had the same bike with some changes and newness.

Riding the Ducati I felt like when I was a kid and got my brand new red Honda 50 home and took it for the first ride.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #2160
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Rad The Fish View Post
Congrats!

I wonder if anyone at Ducati is keeping a tally of how many BMW GS's are being sold/traded for Multi's?

Re. price, is that before tax/title/license/setup/delivery, or after? And are you getting a '10 or '11 (I assume '11)?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote