User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #2536
Pundy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
2010 vs 2011

I'm looking to purchase a new MS Touring S and wondered if there's any reason that I should buy the 2011 over the 2010 if the price on the 2010 is $1,500 less? Thoughts?
Pundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #2537
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Ducati supposedly fixed the surging issue with a new engine mapping. And the side cases between 2010 and 2011 have been improved by adding two additional latches on them. Also the DP crash bars won't fit 2010 models according to some of the dealers websites. Probably slightly different bolts were used on the frame or something. That's all I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundy View Post
I'm looking to purchase a new MS Touring S and wondered if there's any reason that I should buy the 2011 over the 2010 if the price on the 2010 is $1,500 less? Thoughts?

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #2538
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
Ducati supposedly fixed the surging issue with a new engine mapping. And the side cases between 2010 and 2011 have been improved by adding two additional latches on them. Also the DP crash bars won't fit 2010 models according to some of the dealers websites. Probably slightly different bolts were used on the frame or something. That's all I know.
Just to be clear, other than the DP crash bar thing, the rest is covered under warranty (except the center stand, which has a tang that is too long and it interferes with your left heal....have a local welder shorten it and you're good to go, or have your dealer swap it for a 2011 as part of the deal). To the OP, there were no changes to the design, etc., so my advice is to save yourself the cash and get the '10.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:20 AM   #2539
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
The tang on my 2011 is still too long. Not sure if the 2010 models have it even longer.

Btw I heard rumors that there is a fix in the works, i.e. a better center stand. Still need to call my dealer to confirm/deny.

Everything else - agreed 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Just to be clear, other than the DP crash bar thing, the rest is covered under warranty (except the center stand, which has a tang that is too long and it interferes with your left heal....have a local welder shorten it and you're good to go, or have your dealer swap it for a 2011 as part of the deal). To the OP, there were no changes to the design, etc., so my advice is to save yourself the cash and get the '10.

-SM

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #2540
Stickywicket
Banned

Oddometer: 1,185
I was trying to follow the comfort seat thread and am not sure if all your questions were answered.

I have them and although it is only slightly lower, it is the cut and shape of the seat that makes it easier to get your feet down. I'm 5'10 and two up are flat footed with the comfort seat. Solo I can comfortably be on the balls of my feet. have done 400+ mile days with the seat and no complaints fom myself or pillion.

Apologys if all this has been covered previously

Stickywicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #2541
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
The tang on my 2011 is still too long. Not sure if the 2010 models have it even longer.
Too bad they still don't have it right. I put a 2010 center stand from the DP catalog next to a 2011 bike w/ the new center stand, and the 2010 is definitely longer.

I avoided all this hassle by purchasing the S Sport and getting the SW Motech center stand. Works perfectly and doesn't interfere at all w/ my foot.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #2542
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
ethanol gas damage?

Was talking to a Tiger riding buddy today and he mentioned he had heard of some Multistrada gas tanks being damaged by ethanol gas.
Has anyone who actually has a Multistrada 1200 heard of this or had any negative experience with ethanol?

I'm planning on getting a white Multi in the spring, the bike appears to be what I'm looking for....
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:35 AM   #2543
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
SW Motech Center Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Too bad they still don't have it right. I put a 2010 center stand from the DP catalog next to a 2011 bike w/ the new center stand, and the 2010 is definitely longer.

I avoided all this hassle by purchasing the S Sport and getting the SW Motech center stand. Works perfectly and doesn't interfere at all w/ my foot.

-SM
If you guys can please try to supply photos and links with regards to any new Multistrada accessories, as not all are well known to the global market yet.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/5705/180/

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 02:05 AM
VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #2544
VeeNeck
Banned

Comfort Seat & Windscreens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickywicket View Post
I was trying to follow the comfort seat thread and am not sure if all your questions were answered.

I have them and although it is only slightly lower, it is the cut and shape of the seat that makes it easier to get your feet down. I'm 5'10 and two up are flat footed with the comfort seat. Solo I can comfortably be on the balls of my feet. have done 400+ mile days with the seat and no complaints from myself or pillion.

Stickywicket, thanks for adding your experience with the Ducati Performance: Comfort Seat. I was looking for something that helped put your feet flat at stops, and this look like it will help in doing so, and it definitely looks more sculpted on the side edges. The stock and low seat both are too angular on the outside edges at that lends to a wider not as contoured seat. When I tried the low seat it still pushed my legs out slightly so it was not the actual height it was the shape and with. So with a 32” inseam I just needed something in the middle and this look like it fits the bill perfectly. Not too much, not to little, just right.

Question:
By the way, I have seen lots of different windscreens for the Multistrada 1200 installed on individual’s motorcycles some I like and some I don’t. But I am having trouble finding the ones pictured on certain bikes on the web meaning brands and models.

How do you like the MRA Windshield, quality, fit, it does not tip up at the top, does that add to wind buffeting and aerodynamics?

Old 08-22-2011, 02:28 AM   #2545
Stickywicket
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
Stickywicket, thanks for adding your experience with the Ducati Performance: Comfort Seat. I was looking for something that helped put your feet flat at stops, and this look like it will help in doing so, and it definitely looks more sculpted on the side edges. The stock and low seat both are too angular on the outside edges at that lends to a wider not as contoured seat. When I tried the low seat it still pushed my legs out slightly so it was not the actual height it was the shape and with. So with a 32” inseam I just needed something in the middle and this look like it fits the bill perfectly. Not too much, not to little, just right.

Quality is spot on. The fitment comes with some spacers underneath the screen. I believe this helps break up the airflow also.

Question:
By the way, I have seen lots of different windscreens for the Multistrada 1200 installed on individual’s motorcycles some I like and some I don’t. But I am having trouble finding the ones pictured on certain bikes on the web meaning brands and models.

How do you like the MRA Windshield, quality, fit, it does not tip up at the top, does that add to wind buffeting and aerodynamics?

veeneck

This screen works perfectly for me in all ways. I get no buffeting at all. I had the shorty screen from MRA which directed the airflow under my helmet but got a little too much above 90mph. I liked the look but ended up selling it as this one is perfect.

I'm quite sure it is also to do with the comfort seat as I feel more "in" the bike if that makes sense.

For info i also sometimes wear the Hornet DS peaked helmet with very little buffeting either, although it is not as good as with my normal Shoei. Tolerable though.

Good luck in your hunt!!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #2546
Stickywicket
Banned

Quote:
If you guys can please try to supply photos and links with regards to any new Multistrada accessories, as not all are well known to the global market yet.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/5705/180/

VeeNeck

here is the list compiled on the ms site.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multi...cessories.html

Get your credit card ready before you look
Old 08-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #2547
VeeNeck
Banned

Wind buffeting & Aerodynamics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickywicket View Post
veeneck

This screen works perfectly for me in all ways. I get no buffeting at all. I had the shorty screen from MRA which directed the airflow under my helmet but got a little too much above 90mph. I liked the look but ended up selling it as this one is perfect.

I'm quite sure it is also to do with the comfort seat as I feel more "in" the bike if that makes sense.

For info i also sometimes wear the Hornet DS peaked helmet with very little buffeting either, although it is not as good as with my normal Shoei. Tolerable though.

Good luck in your hunt!!
Is it the smoked one or black? And can you see through it at all, they look solid? Thanks, Vee :)

For the Multistrada 1200 I did not want a two-piece add on additional lip to the windscreen, as I think it is distracting such as the MRA VarioTouringScreen. I had the amazing Touratech’s Desierto 3 Faring on the BMW R1200GS and it was amazing, but that was more like a faring/windscreen.

The MRA VarioTouringScreen features a 7-position adjustable spoiler at the top of a TouringScreen-shaped windshield.

DP Tinted Windscreen

*Suggestion / Request to advrider.com we would like to see the newly popular Ducati Multistrada 1200 get it own category in Bikes > Ducati Multistrada 1200 so we can start mutable individual threads with different topics so it is a little more organized regarding finding certain info.

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-12-2011 at 07:13 PM
Old 08-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #2548
Stickywicket
Banned

Quote:

For the Multistrada 1200 I did not want a two-piece add on additional lip to the windscreen, as I think it is distracting such as the MRA VarioTouringScreen. I had the amazing Touratech’s Desierto 3 Faring on the BMW R1200GS and it was amazing, but that was more like a faring/windscreen.

The MRA VarioTouringScreen features a 7-position adjustable spoiler at the top of a TouringScreen-shaped windshield.

Question: Does any on know what brand windshield this is pictured in black? Link to website?

*Suggestion / Request to advrider.com we would like to see the newly popular Ducati Multistrada 1200 get it own category in Bikes > Ducati Multistrada 1200 so we can start mutable individual threads with different topics so it is a little more organized regarding finding certain info.
vee

Mine is the dark version and you can't see through it but this has never been an issue as I am looking over it.

The other screen is the 7jurock windshield

http://7jurock.com/store/index.php?a...wCat&catId=303

Stickywicket screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 03:24 AM
Old 08-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #2549
VeeNeck
Banned

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Arcopovic Exhaust

Old 08-22-2011, 03:33 AM   #2550
VeeNeck