Old 08-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #2551
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
MRA Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickywicket View Post
vee

Mine is the dark version and you can't see through it but this has never been an issue as I am looking over it.

The other screen is the 7jurock windshield

http://7jurock.com/store/index.php?a...wCat&catId=303

Stickywicket, thanks. Is the MRA windshield a “solid” black or semi solid? So you cant see through it at all, so it is totally solid Plexiglas? I personally prefer a translucent dark black so you can slightly see through it like dark sunglasses. Is it taller then stock? I am 5’ 9.25” and I like the stock screen in its lowest position for looks and feel, and at the angel the stock screen is I feel at a sudden stop it will cut my head off directly at eye level.

By the way is it better then stock screen? Thanks for the additional photos! It looks great.

I don’t think the dark screen previously pictured is a 7jurock windshield, it looks similar but different.
VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:30 AM   #2552
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickywicket View Post
I was trying to follow the comfort seat thread and am not sure if all your questions were answered.

no complaints fom myself or pillion.
Thanks for posting;

Is it possible to use just the comfort seat on the pillion and have the standard riders' seat?
Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 AM   #2553
VeeNeck
Banned

Ducati Performance Tinted Windshield

Here is a great comparison photos of the OEM windshield compared with the Ducati Performance Tinted Windshield. If I am not mistaken they may be two tinted versions, one in a taller length.

www.ducati.ms

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 04:46 AM
Old 08-22-2011, 05:07 AM   #2554
VeeNeck
Banned

Corbin Seat

Corbin one piece seat, not personally my style but interesting option. I like the blacked passenger pegs bracket and engine guard. Looks like the Ducati Performance Tinted Windshield.

I wonder how the Ducati Performance Tinted Windshield compares to the MRA Touring Windshield?
www.mrashop.de

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 05:37 AM
Old 08-22-2011, 05:19 AM   #2555
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,347
I prefer the smoke tinted MRA Touring screen over either of the Ducati oem ones.

I'm 5'10 and use the Ducati Touring Seat (or whatever it's called). I typically ride with an AGV GP-Tech or Shoei Quest helmet.

They trade pretty quickly if it doesn't work for you.

See ya,
Old 08-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #2556
VeeNeck
Banned

MRA Sport-Screen Windshield

www.mrashop.de

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 06:19 AM
Old 08-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #2557
VeeNeck
Banned

Question Ducati Multistrada 1200 MRA Touring Windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
I prefer the smoke tinted MRA Touring screen over either of the Ducati oem ones. I'm 5'10 and use the Ducati Touring Seat (or whatever it's called). I typically ride with an AGV GP-Tech or Shoei Quest helmet.

See ya,
Ducati Multistrada 1200 MRA Touring Windshield

Hey, what happening? Does the rubber edge protector come installed or is it removable? Why is the MRA Touring Windshield better or more preferred then OEM and DP screens, can you be more specific? How is the angel, even though is does not tip up at the top of the screen does the air hit you right in the face? What is the height difference then stock taller, shorter? I would not go any taller then stock as I preferred is in its lowest position.

Is the one pictured here clear or the smoked gray, I cant really tell with the stock photo?

Can you guys upload some photos?

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 06:23 AM
Old 08-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #2558
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,310
Windshields are very subjective, you can look at all the pictures you want but until you try one, you're not going to know if it works for you. Different seat heights, different inseam lengths for riders the same height, one rider sits tall in the saddle, one slumps. One rider wears ear plugs the other doesn't. One rider loves some wind noise, one rider can't stand it. Been down the windshield route with my CBF. Bought a few that others swore did what I wanted but in reality were worse than the stocker. Finally settled on the CalSci med which does do what I was looking for, reducing the wind noise.

Haven't seen these posted yet and after many attempts was the only shield that worked for me on my CBF.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Stradaprod.html
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #2559
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Model/Year difference?

Has anyone heard if the Multi will be any different in the spring? If so, in what ways will it be different?
I'm trying to put all "ducs" in a row, and see if it's worth waiting for a 2012 or get a leftover floor model...please advise!
Thanks,

Oh, anybody have any negative experience with ethanol gas and your gas tank?
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #2560
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
I can't see why not. I had the same set up on my 1100S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtFarmer View Post
Thanks for posting;

Is it possible to use just the comfort seat on the pillion and have the standard riders' seat?

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #2561
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
This could help - http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multi...indshield.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
Ducati Multistrada 1200 MRA Touring Windshield

Hey, what happening? Does the rubber edge protector come installed or is it removable? Why is the MRA Touring Windshield better or more preferred then OEM and DP screens, can you be more specific? How is the angel, even though is does not tip up at the top of the screen does the air hit you right in the face? What is the height difference then stock taller, shorter? I would not go any taller then stock as I preferred is in its lowest position.

Is the one pictured here clear or the smoked gray, I cant really tell with the stock photo?

Can you guys upload some photos?

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #2562
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Was talking to a Tiger riding buddy today and he mentioned he had heard of some Multistrada gas tanks being damaged by ethanol gas.
Has anyone who actually has a Multistrada 1200 heard of this or had any negative experience with ethanol?

I'm planning on getting a white Multi in the spring, the bike appears to be what I'm looking for....
There have been reports of ethanol making the tanks expand, but so far very few have had this problem. There are tons of theories out there about how to prevent it from happening, from only using gas w/ Techron (Chevron, etc.), or dumping Seafoam or StarTron into the tank if you have to purchase gas w/o Techron.

So far, Ducati is replacing tanks under warranty for anyone having issues, but out of > 10,000 MTS 12's sold WW, I've heard of very few cases of expansion (which seems to be the only reported problem).

-SM

Sock Monkey screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 11:39 AM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #2563
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
thanks

I appreciate the intel on the tank issue....any word on significant changes for the 2012?
Thanks for the help and guidance, I want one so bad, it's hard to wait for spring....
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #2564
Josephvman
I'm the Decider

Oddometer: 3,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
There have been reports of ethanol making the tanks expand, but so far very few have had this problem. There are tons of theories out there about how to prevent it from happening, from only using gas w/ Techron (Chevron, etc.), or dumping Seafoam or StarTron into the tank if you have to purchase gas w/o Techron.

So far, Ducati is replacing tanks under warranty for anyone having issues, but out of > 10,000 MTS 12's sold WW, I've heard of very few cases of expansion (which seems to be the only reported problem).

-SM

I haven't heard a single case of a MTS1200 with an expanding fuel tank problem. Any specific ones your can cite, or point to on the web?
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #2565
Stickywicket
Banned

Oddometer: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout View Post
I can't see why not. I had the same set up on my 1100S.
Yes. The seats are totally seperate so you dont need both althought they look different if that is important to you.

The MRA screens come in clear, smoked or dark. You cannot see through the dark one, It works for me on the lowest setteing with the comfort seat. I am 5'10 with 30" inseam.

I cannot vouch for pillion comfort as she is 5' so is proteceted behind me.

The original screen was no good for me and the touring scren is not much, if ant , difference in length so I never tried it.

As stated, it is subjective. You wont know until you try I'm afraid.
Stickywicket is offline   Reply With Quote