Oddometer: 371
MRA w/Double X Screen

VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #2614
VeeNeck
Banned

Ducati MultiStrada 1200 stock windshield measurement

Stock OEM windshield measurement is 20" (51 cm) from top to bottom.

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-12-2011 at 06:25 PM
Old 09-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #2615
VeeNeck
Banned

gillestooling.com

gillestooling.com

rearset RCT12GT

These pegs look cool, they come in black-silver and titan-silver for $375.30. The DP set it $900+!

Features
  • 12 step adjustability via rotor
  • 28mm adjusting diameter
  • incline angle of the footpeg is continuously adjustable to unload the ankle
  • extreme ressistance against abrasive wear and stone chipping due to hardened surface
  • two peg profiles in one:
    1. extreme grip offroad peg
    2. ergonomic shaped touring-peg
  • cnc machined from solid, high strength and rigid aircraft-aluminium al7075
  • fits original footpeg mounting bracket
  • foldable
  • stainless steel bolts
  • patent pending
  • tuv approved
  • optional footpeg rubber with vibration-reducing, adjustable damper element
  • optional slide pad to reduce wear and damage

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-10-2011 at 11:43 PM
Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #2616
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
Does anyone have a set of Acerbis Handguards on their Ducati Multistrada 1200?
No, but I intend to use these since they come w/ LED blinkers integrated in the hand protector just like the stockers, but are attached to a metal guard: http://www.zeta-racing.com/handguard...her/index.html

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #2617
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
The difference

Not sure where to post this so I'll ask here.
Has anyone ridden a 2009 BMW GS 1200 Adventure, and could compare it with the Multistrada?

I'm pretty much sold on the Multistrada, but need to ride an Adventure to make sure the Multi is the one. Thanks for any input and sorry to disrupt the windshield discussion.
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #2618
VeeNeck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Not sure where to post this so I'll ask here.
Has anyone ridden a 2009 BMW GS 1200 Adventure, and could compare it with the Multistrada?

I'm pretty much sold on the Multistrada, but need to ride an Adventure to make sure the Multi is the one. Thanks for any input and sorry to disrupt the windshield discussion.
TIGERRIDER007, Ducati Multistrada 1200 compares with the BMW R1200GS but the Adventure is way big and heavy especially fully fueled same as with the standard GS. The Multistrada is still a tall bike but it feels 50 Lbs. lighter and 1-foot shorter. I had issues with my brand new dream Triple Black GS especially with a it fully fueled, it was very top heavy for me to maneuver OFF-the bike. I am 5’ 9.25” with a 32” inseam, and weigh 165 Lbs. The Multistrada works way better for me, so if you are a bigger guy go for the GS, the Multistrada is slightly more compact and a better for me. Originally I was already committed to the 2011 R1200 GS, and at the New York International Motorcycle show the Ducati Multistrada 1200 was way tall or it appeared to be, but I realized after the fact that they were on a rear race stands and that put the bike up 7 inches or so, and at the time I was only able to get tepee-tows on the ground, so my first impression was like it is way to tall. Go with what fits you better! Don’t get sucked into the marketing machine or hype as I did, and I should know better. Just sold the new GS, so for my size and personality the 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200 is the bike for me, can't wait.

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-12-2011 at 06:23 PM
Old 09-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #2619
ObiWanJak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Any inputs on how well the MRA Vario screen works?

Is it just a regular MRA screen with their regular touring screen with an add-on spoiler? Or is it a different screen alltogether?

Thanks.

Loren
ObiWanJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #2620
VeeNeck
Banned

Question MRA Touring & Vario Screen Hight Differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJak View Post
Any inputs on how well the MRA Vario screen works?

Is it just a regular MRA screen with their regular touring screen with an add-on spoiler? Or is it a different screen alltogether?

Thanks.

Loren
The MRA stock photos are deceiving. The photos make the Touring screen and Vario screen look like the main windshield is the same size height wise.

The installed Touring screen pictured here looks slightly taller and the measurements make it out to be taller as well.

According to Twisted Throttle customer service the Vario screen spoiler is detachable, but it bolts in to the screen via holes, so it the Vario windscreen part is shorter then the Touring screen, and the over all height the Vario is shorter as well. Please note I have never seen these windshields in person and do not own one yet.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Stock OEM windshield measurement is 20" (51 cm) from top to bottom.

MRA Touring Screen: 19.5” (495 mm)
MRA Vario Screen: 19.3” (490 mm)

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-15-2011 at 04:28 PM
Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #2621
Omer
Brrrr

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonDairyCreamer View Post
Jumping out of gear? It seems several owners in Europe have had internal repairs and at least one owner a new motor.

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/duc...tml#post637646

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/duc...elections.html

I'm not wanting panic the faithful or encourage the trolls but I am very interested in buying one and I'm curious about potential problems but more interested in how dealers and the factory respond.
I'm sorry to say the replies given (by Sock Monkey & Dave.0) are not relevant to the issues described in the links; I started a link about the same issue as the 2nd one above here: http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/duc...e-braking.html

and you can see multiple replies from people who had the same issue (plus a few who PM'ed me).
There is already a description how to reproduce the problem, and it seems that some people don't even realize they have it - I've run into 6 owners who have the same issue - and that's while not trying very hard.

The issue is not with false neutrals, but with the gearbox jumping out of gear - it has nothing to do with magical decisive shifts.

Here is how you can reproduce this:
  1. Find a level road, or one going slightly downhill (not uphill!)
  2. 2nd gear driving 50 km/h, accelerate semi-hard up to ~110 km/h.
  3. Let go of the throttle and don't brake. Wait ~5 seconds, and the bike will jump back into neutral.

Doesn't happen on all bikes, but happens to more than a few.
I still haven't been able to get this fixed - dealer messed with gear selection drum, adjusted using a 'special' tool but no joy. One person mentioned their dealer managed to fix it, saying it was a gear linkage adjustment issue.

My bike has been doing that since new (first time happened after I finished running in, before that I wasn't really gunning it), and still doing it now - 12,000 kilometers and 4 months later.

I'll put my bike up at the dealer over the winter, and hope they can fix it.
Omer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #2622
GS Rod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Hello from the UK

Hi, got my Multistrada 1200S Sport last year in May. Now done 13500 miles and almost trouble free. Main problem is the rear brake, just keep getting it re-bled ! No false neutrals & very little surging.....but i've been riding twins for a long time so perhaps have just got used to them..... ! I changed the screen for an MRA which I find is ok and a lot better than stock. Also cut down the Ducati touring screen to make a more sporty screen.
Really pleased with the bike, used it on a few track days, using Dunlop SportSmarts, brilliant tyres, and have done two European Alpine trips. Can also highly recommend Pilot Road 3's, they are fantastic road tyres in wet & dry. This year rode down to Mugello to watch the Moto GP. Went down through Andermatt in the Swiss Alps, which takes you over the Susutn Pass (one of my favourite roads). Before the trip I bought a GO Pro, and recorded the ride over the Susten Pass from one side to the other, approx 30 miles of fantastic roads :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwJaqwi4r8w
After Mugello I rode back from Menton on the Mediterian to Lake Geneve on the 'Route des Grand Alpes', it's 400 miles of perfect mountain tarmac.....
I've done these trips on GS's before, but I find the Multi more comfortable & much more fun .
Attached Images

GS Rod screwed with this post 09-13-2011 at 12:41 PM
GS Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #2623
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omer View Post
I'm sorry to say the replies given (by Sock Monkey & Dave.0) are not relevant to the issues described in the links; I started a link about the same issue as the 2nd one above here: http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/duc...e-braking.html

and you can see multiple replies from people who had the same issue (plus a few who PM'ed me).
My reply was very relevant to NDC's post as he asked if anyone else had the problem. I do not have this issue, and until his post, that was the first I had heard about it since I don't read the referenced board. I also went on to say that the only issues I HAD heard involved people missing shifts, not the bike jumping out of gear on its own. How is this not relevant?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #2624
Omer
Brrrr

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
My reply was very relevant to NDC's post as he asked if anyone else had the problem. I do not have this issue, and until his post, that was the first I had heard about it since I don't read the referenced board. I also went on to say that the only issues I HAD heard involved people missing shifts, not the bike jumping out of gear on its own. How is this not relevant?

-SM
My reply was poorly worded, my bad.

I was referring to your 'false neutrals' mention not being the same issue mentioned in the threads, and thus not being relevant to it - I am aware that you were not saying it is the same.
Omer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #2625
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Rod View Post
Hi, got my Multistrada 1200S Sport last year in May. Now done 13500 miles and almost trouble free. Main problem is the rear brake, just keep getting it re-bled ! No false neutrals & very little surging.....but i've been riding twins for a long time so perhaps have just got used to them..... ! I changed the screen for an MRA which I find is ok and a lot better than stock. Also cut down the Ducati touring screen to make a more sporty screen.
Really pleased with the bike, used it on a few track days, using Dunlop SportSmarts, brilliant tyres, and have done two European Alpine trips. Can also highly recommend Pilot Road 3's, they are fantastic road tyres in wet & dry. This year rode down to Mugello to watch the Moto GP. Went down through Andermatt in the Swiss Alps, which takes you over the Susutn Pass (one of my favourite roads). Before the trip I bought a GO Pro, and recorded the ride over the Susten Pass from one side to the other, approx 30 miles of fantastic roads :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwJaqwi4r8w
After Mugello I rode back from Menton on the Mediterian to Lake Geneve on the 'Route des Grand Alpes', it's 400 miles of perfect mountain tarmac.....
I've done these trips on GS's before, but I find the Multi more comfortable & much more fun .
Fantastic pic! Makes me want a MTS so bad I am seriously considering selling my Megamoto to make room for one.

Loved the video too. Too bad about the vibes. I had this on a GoPro and solved it by adding a small piece of tape in the mount.
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote