Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #2641
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Hey Fixinbones, It didn't dawn on me until after I got to looking at the frame that you converted a regular S. It really does look nice. Thanks for the feedback on the Termi. I would appreciate the name of who made your baffle either on line or PM me. When I got a set of Remus cans for my old ST4S the vendor in CA had some baffles made for me but I don't know who did it. I'm still seeing complaints about the low speed drivability with the DP ECU but maybe they are working that out and will provide a reflash.

His name is also Jay. He is a great guy to deal with. You need to send him your can as the torlerances are slightly different from one can to the next. It took about a week or so to get it back. The sound is great. A bit quieter than the with the stock Termi DB killer but definitely louder than the stock dual pipe system. And the best part was not more whistling.
His email address is jaymurray2@aol.com.

And yes, I am still having some issues with low rpm fueling after the reflash as well. Im thinking about putting my fat ducs back on which i removed before the reflash.
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #2642
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
I rode a MS1200 today and I was happy to get back on my Tuono. No way that bike can /will replace my C14 and too far from a Tuono. And yes, all my test was done in Sport mode...

Although the riding position was good for my aging knees, it is too much supermoto for my liking.

I hope Aprilia makes a Capo or Shiver version of the actual DD1200... otherwise it will be a Stelvio or Tenere 12 to eventually replace my Tuono. Meanwhile, after this MS test, my Tuono got a nice life extension in my stable.
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #2643
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Oddometer: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by olie View Post
I rode a MS1200 today and I was happy to get back on my Tuono. No way that bike can /will replace my C14 and too far from a Tuono. And yes, all my test was done in Sport mode...

Although the riding position was good for my aging knees, it is too much supermoto for my liking.

I hope Aprilia makes a Capo or Shiver version of the actual DD1200... otherwise it will be a Stelvio or Tenere 12 to eventually replace my Tuono. Meanwhile, after this MS test, my Tuono got a nice life extension in my stable.
Olie - with respect, I think your flag is nailed to a mast. I on the other hand have no allegiance to Ducati or Aprilia and have road the MS & V4R Tuono & found for bumpy back roads the MS better set up. Suppose it depends what type of roads you ride but of the two think the MS is better real world bike. 2c

Get $5 off Smugmug - use this code NxRfLxbR5xhlE
Bryn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #2644
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
Question Ducati Multistrada 1200 Acerbis, Touratech, or DP Handguards

Does anyone have a set of Acerbis Handguards on their Ducati Multistrada 1200?

The Ducati Performance Hand Guards look all right and compact but they are mounted to the controls. The Touratech are not, they are mounted independently. My previous experience with the Touratech Hand Protectors is that they are made of really thick plastic and give when the heavy bike is dropped with only comedic damage. The Acerbis Rally Pro Handguards look cool and have a aluminum brace and the bracket needs to have an ATV Extension to proper mount on the handlebars.

Acerbis ATV Extension

Touratech Hand Protectors for Ducati Multistrada 1200 come with indicators lights; I would like the indicator light kit sold as optional. As I plan on going with the Ducati Performance LED Rear-View Mirrors.

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-24-2011 at 05:51 PM
VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #2645
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
I have the Barkbusters on mine. I like them, being aluminum.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #2646
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
I am considering pulling the trigger on this S Touring. Is there anything I should look out for in terms of recalls etc?

12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #2647
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
I am considering pulling the trigger on this S Touring. Is there anything I should look out for in terms of recalls etc?

If it's a '11 problems should be fixed. Such a ecu upgrade, pannier locks that work, new seals on the panniers so they don't leak. Also the center stand drags and also bothers your left heal. N d
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #2648
VeeNeck
Banned

Cool2 Ducati Multistrada 1200 in Matte Black

Here is a super cool customized Multistrada 1200 by MotorradMaehr in Matte Black. I could totally see and would like to officially request that Ducati offer and produc the Multistrada in the stealth matte black, that’s the one I would get! I especially like the contrasting glossy Ducati logo, blacked-out engine guard and passenger pegs brackets! O’ and look no yellow forks, they actually match the racing gray frame as they should. Another color that would look cool would be a glossy or flat ghost-gray in non-metallic similar to the Audi TT I saw years ago, modern but classy.

Nice paint job MotorradMaehr, well done.

VeeNeck

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-21-2011 at 12:45 AM
Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #2649
VeeNeck
Banned

MRA Vario Screen

Here are two videos of the MRA Vario Screen: 19.3” (490 mm) in action. It looks really stable, no real movement from the wind that I can see. But I find the lip part to be distracting to look at ant through in the field of view. So I probably will be going with the MRA Touring Screen: 19.5” (495 mm). After just spending $900.00 on the amazing Touratech Desierto Windscreen/Faring for the BMW GS (SOLD), I am interested in finding the right screen for the Multistrada. The MRA’s looks like they are of quality.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 Stock OEM windshield measurement is 20" (51 cm) from top to bottom.

VeeNeck screwed with this post 09-23-2011 at 05:45 PM
Old 09-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #2650
SayItAintSo
Wanna be

Oddometer: 129
V, I dont think I'd worry about that lip being in the middle of your view. It looks like the camera is mounted much much lower than eye level.
SayItAintSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #2651
StromHAMMER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by StromHAMMER View Post
I purchased a used 2010 Multistrada S Touring three weeks ago. Great machine.

But I'm having an issue when I down shift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear. Sometimes, usually when slowing for a traffic light, it skips 2nd and goes straight to neutral. A couple of times the shifter has jammed in the lowest position and the transmission is stuck between 1st and neutral.

This never happens when I'm riding aggressively in the twisties. Only when slowing for a stop. And not every time.

Is this an issue with my lazy shifting style or a real defect with the transmission?

David

I took my Multistrada in for it's 22.5k mile service last week. Got a call today from the dealer the I really do have tranny problems. On the check ride, the technician jammed the shifter between 4th and 5th and it had to be trailer-ed back to the shop. The thing had 19k on it when I bought it in July and I've only ridden it 3300 miles. This is obviously a warranty issue but it still pisses me off a bit.

Has anyone here had to deal with warranty issues involving Ducati?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #2652
VeeNeck
Banned

Laugh #5

Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #2653
VeeNeck
Banned

"Yellow Bastard"

Italian owner Francesceso Pavinato "Yellow Bastard"

As pictured in other posts this is the genuine factory painted yellow Multistrada 1200. Not my personal taste I prefer the badass #5 Pikes Peak bike, but it does match the gold forks. I do like to see individuality, choice, and factory custom colors options. Pretty cool having a factory one-off color!

www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk
Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 PM   #2654
olie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn1203 View Post
Olie - with respect, I think your flag is nailed to a mast. I on the other hand have no allegiance to Ducati or Aprilia and have road the MS & V4R Tuono & found for bumpy back roads the MS better set up. Suppose it depends what type of roads you ride but of the two think the MS is better real world bike. 2c
...just my opinion, I was expecting something different and better. I guess I have the bar pretty high with my previous Capo, my yardstick... Obviously the roads on my return with the Tuono were different... but me on the Tuono felt better than ever... ;)
Akrapovic, Givi W'shield, Kappa saddlebags...
11 Vette, unmolested...
olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:36 AM   #2655
VeeNeck
Banned

Pissed Flaming Multstrada 1200