User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #2806
BackInBlack
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Eh? M&M's Multistrada 1200's

Whatever tickles your fancy. It reminds of M&M's . I am more of a Reese's Pieces man myself. The colors are too primary for me, maybe in a olive drab mate/sateen military style. Ducati are U listening?

BIB
BackInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #2807
BackInBlack
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Laugh Titanium's on their way...

BackInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #2808
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
That really is a great color for this bike - I have a white one, but if that had been available it would have been a tough choice

Enjoy
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #2809
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,432
Yep....said the same at the time they announced it. It's definitely the best color for that bike.

Carbon bits would look pretty sweet on it as well.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #2810
objectuser
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
I saw the new color at the Dallas show in December. I didn't care for it, but appreciate them adding more colors. There are so many bikes out there that just have one.

I'd definitely take the blue photoshop above though!
objectuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #2811
fixinbones
Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
yup that Ti color is really nice. I would have got it instead of black.
'13 Ducati Diavel AMG #163
'09 KTM 65XC (son's ride)

Gone: '10 Ducati Multistrada 1200S, '11 BMW R1200GS, '10 BMW S1000RR, '08 BMW HP2 Megamoto, '07 KTM 950SMR, '05 BMW R1200GS, '94 BMW R1100R
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #2812
andyw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
UK mts1200 owners.....

Hi, I've recently set up a Facebook 'Community' for UK MTS1200 owners - as you may or may not be aware the Ducatisti forum is down again (more than 5 weeks already.......and 6 weeks down previously late last Summer!) with no indication of when (if!?) it will ever come back online :-(
I emailed the site 'owner' (Dan) offering help (if there might be anything I could do;-) and also suggested that it would at least be of some help to members if a static/closed version of the forum could be made available for reference - I've heard nothing back.

Any way, to the point.....at least UK MTS1200 owners have somewhere they can stay in contact / make contact with other owners, arrange meets and rideouts and pass on any news:

http://www.facebook.com/UK.MTS1200.Owners

Cheers
AndyW
http:MTS1200.info

Oh and for anyone that knows me..........I've been outta the loop for a while!:

....explanation! (read image description;-)
andyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #2813
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,148
Ouch!

Yikes! As one who lay in a hospital bed in traction for two months with a broken femur (they didn't use hardware as much back in 1972) with a stupid weight hanging off the end of the bed (connected to a pin thru the femur)...

I KINDA KNOW HOW YA FEEL!!

But it'll all come good. Looks like you're in the best of hands

--Doc (no, not that kind)
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #2814
Wayward Sun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post
Yikes! As one who lay in a hospital bed in traction for two months with a broken femur (they didn't use hardware as much back in 1972) with a stupid weight hanging off the end of the bed (connected to a pin thru the femur)...

I KINDA KNOW HOW YA FEEL!!

But it'll all come good. Looks like you're in the best of hands

--Doc (no, not that kind)
+1...... I was in traction for 2 months too, but it was in 1984. Good luck andyw. Just wait for the auger bit that removes those pins! YIKES!!! Tell them right up front that you want EXTRA morphine...Best wishes for a full speedy recovery.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #2815
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Sun View Post
...Just wait for the auger bit that removes those pins! YIKES!!! Tell them right up front that you want EXTRA morphine...Best wishes for a full speedy recovery.
Oh, man, yeah...pin removal. After my two months were up and they wheeled me down to the "cast room" (yay!) the doc took off the end caps where the traction weight connected and there was a 1/8-inch piece of "threaded rod" through my femur. He took an old-fashioned HAND DRILL (y'know, the hand-crank bevel-gear type), tightened the chuck on the threaded rod, and started cranking.

YEEEOOOUUUCCCHHHH!!!!! I had about 5 seconds of absolutely excruciating pain (15 on a scale of 10) then it was out. No more pain. Nada.

Whew! I asked what the stuff he had sprayed on the pin was (thought it was a local anaesthetic), but no, it was "just an antibiotic."

Hopefully yours will be different.

--Doc
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #2816
psyco
Motard Madness

Oddometer: 62
I have a question for all you Multi 1200 owners , how is the bike for two up riding for all day rides ? I have looked all over for reviews on this and have not found jack . I'm in the market and would like some real feedback from you owners out there that have and do a lot of two up riding . Is it conformable ? Likes , dislikes and so on . Would be much appreciated , I have ridden it and loved everything about it but didn't have the chance to ride it with the wife in tow .

Thanks in advance for any feedback .
psyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #2817
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyco View Post
I have a question for all you Multi 1200 owners , how is the bike for two up riding for all day rides ? I have looked all over for reviews on this and have not found jack . I'm in the market and would like some real feedback from you owners out there that have and do a lot of two up riding . Is it conformable ? Likes , dislikes and so on . Would be much appreciated , I have ridden it and loved everything about it but didn't have the chance to ride it with the wife in tow .

Thanks in advance for any feedback .
Well I have had my wife on the back of the Multi, I have also had her on the back of an RT and GSA . My wife rates the RT best , Multi Next and GSA 3rd. Now this is personal preference and each lady might see it differently.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #2818
psyco
Motard Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bails View Post
Well I have had my wife on the back of the Multi, I have also had her on the back of an RT and GSA . My wife rates the RT best , Multi Next and GSA 3rd. Now this is personal preference and each lady might see it differently.
Thanks for the response , I'm looking to see if this is the right fit for doing a all day ride with the wife . At the same time carving through the mountains solo and so on . I'm also looking at a concourse 14 but know that it's pretty much going to be a solely purpose sport tourer . I'm trying like hell to buy a more multi function bike that can do more than just one thing and still do it good . If it's comfortable for my wife to be on all day then I would say I'm 100% sold , but if it cramped for her and myself I don't see how that will work . I know I'm asking alot for one bike , but if it can take on a full day of two up riding (for the most part comfortably) then it will work . I know it will do the other things , just not sure on the two up part .

psyco screwed with this post 01-21-2012 at 06:31 AM
Old 01-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #2819
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 297
Psyco,
I have 12000 miles on mine. We have ridden Elefants for years, ST4, GSA 1150 and 1200's, KTM 950 S, PD and an RT 1150. We also have ridden to every corner of the world. I think the MTS is the greatest bike I have ever owned...but it is not a dirt bike! Oh yes it does dirt, but not well, and scary all the way (the fear of replacing plastic, as I fell over in my garage and those handguards are expensive!).
I replaced the seat with Corbin and had it raised in the middle and lengthened for spacing. I am 6'3" and wife 5'2". I have tried tons of windshields and lips and spacers. Some work, some don't, none great, but they get the job done.
My wife finds the bike very comfortable, and we have plenty of room. She always wants the backbox on, for fear of catapulting off!! We usually go on rather lenghty trips, but have only done one 4500 mile trip over to Ducati.MS meet in Bridgeport, CA , Yosemite, and Tetons, last summer. Have done several trips to AZ 666/191 and US180 over the last couple of years. No problems with comfort, did a 550 mile day in 95F heat, we hate heat, but very comfortable. I see this bike capable of very long distance trips (if I can get the electric gas cap openened to refill!!). It is fun. I loved the ST4 but the sport bike position is tough on the prostate, this bike is an old man's Ducati on steroids. The handling, comfort, engine and throttle are all superb. If you have specific questions, ask away.
Allen.
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #2820
psyco
Motard Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Explorer View Post
Psyco,
I have 12000 miles on mine. We have ridden Elefants for years, ST4, GSA 1150 and 1200's, KTM 950 S, PD and an RT 1150. We also have ridden to every corner of the world. I think the MTS is the greatest bike I have ever owned...but it is not a dirt bike! Oh yes it does dirt, but not well, and scary all the way (the fear of replacing plastic, as I fell over in my garage and those handguards are expensive!).
I replaced the seat with Corbin and had it raised in the middle and lengthened for spacing. I am 6'3" and wife 5'2". I have tried tons of windshields and lips and spacers. Some work, some don't, none great, but they get the job done.
My wife finds the bike very comfortable, and we have plenty of room. She always wants the backbox on, for fear of catapulting off!! We usually go on rather lenghty trips, but have only done one 4500 mile trip over to Ducati.MS meet in Bridgeport, CA , Yosemite, and Tetons, last summer. Have done several trips to AZ 666/191 and US180 over the last couple of years. No problems with comfort, did a 550 mile day in 95F heat, we hate heat, but very comfortable. I see this bike capable of very long distance trips (if I can get the electric gas cap openened to refill!!). It is fun. I loved the ST4 but the sport bike position is tough on the prostate, this bike is an old man's Ducati on steroids. The handling, comfort, engine and throttle are all superb. If you have specific questions, ask away.
Allen.
Allen you are the man , that's what I was looking for (this type of write up) I'm 5'9 and my wife is 5'7 , so that should work . I have a Ducati superbike now and that torture rack is getting to be a little to much . As for dirt , well I have motards for that type of riding . So don't for see me using the multi for any of that , if this bike does what I think its capable of the super-bike will be doing quite a bit more sitting or I will just sell it .I wanted something that would allow me to ride with my wife all day and also be capable of carving up the mountains with the sport bike guys and do it in comfort , I just was unclear of the two up capabilities . My wife used to ride with me every were , that is until we had kids . The days of her being prop up on the back of a crotch rocket are over , but now that the kids are grown we would really like to get back to enjoying riding together again . I was also looking at the Kawasaki Concourse 14 , but feel that bike is pretty much a one dimensional bike , I would have to keep the super bike for carving the canyons with the boys .
So anything you would like to add please do , you defiantly have done the miles . Did they ever get the side cases worked out were they didn't leak ?

Again thanks for the quick reply .
Mike