Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #2896
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
I like that color -- I've tried not washing my white one, but it doesn't look quite the same
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #2897
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,460
Obie,

It looks like your helmet is not closed shut - not good for safety. When you close the chin bar make sure you hear two clicks. Just to make sure, you can open the visor and push the chin bar down with your index fingers, while holding on to the helmet's shell with your thumbs. Next time I see you I will show you.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
you also might look into the "Aztec Spacers" on Ducati.MS as well....

took the coastal route home from Santa Barbara today...

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #2898
D.T.
Banned

Oddometer: 9,206

Wow, I like that color!
D.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #2899
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,911
बहु - पथ

Might have to get used to the new MTS badge.

http://www.inautonews.com/hero-motoc...ght-buy-ducati

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #2900
Gordon Bennett
At least I tried

Oddometer: 336
Or the Audi rings...
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #2901
andyw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Yes looks like Audi is the front runner....latest news.

UK owners......the Ducatisti forums have been down for more than 3 months (pretty good guess is they're gone for good this time ) but as of a week or so ago there's a new UK Ducati owners forum:
www.ducatiforum.co.uk ;-)

Andy
www.mts1200.info
www.facebook.com/UK.MTS1200.Owners
andyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #2902
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
Yes looks like Audi is the front runner....
Audi/VW wouldn't be a bad fit for Ducati given VW's affection for high-end marques (Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, etc.). At least they have a passion for such things....

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #2903
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
Yes looks like Audi is the front runner....latest news.

Looks like you guys can look forward to some well engineered sensible bikes with back brakes that work really well.

I am eagerly awaiting their turbo diesel MTS.

Does that even work? Ducati and Diesel?

I thought they were going to buy Suzuki as well.

Anyway something to think about...

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten

GrahamD screwed with this post 03-13-2012 at 03:42 PM
Old 03-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #2904
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
Looks like you guys can look forward to some well engineered sensible bikes with back brakes that work really well.

I am eagerly awaiting their turbo diesel MTS.

Does that even work? Ducati and Diesel?

I thought they were going to buy Suzuki as well.

Anyway something to think about...
Yeah ... I guess VW/Audi group never produce anything vaguely interesting ...

Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #2905
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksbane View Post
Yeah ... I guess VW/Audi group never produce anything vaguely interesting ...

Being a Lambp Fan I watched with interest as they transformed the brand into something that was well engineered and more sensible. They didn't loose the mojo just transformed the car into something that works better for most people.

The car now "just works" as intended. I donlt know but they probably have 10,000km service intervals now instead of every week.

And I bet they could do a diesel Strada and it would still be a good thing (Perhaps not a fast thing) but you never know....

They probably would be just as busy concentrating on the back brake as they were on the motor.

The funny thing is Audi/VW or someone associated with them has been sneaking out pics of concept bikes for a while..

There have been KTM-VW joint venture rumours, Possible Suzuki Moto buy out rumours and now Ducati.

Hey maybe all three will go at once in a bold industry sucking move...(they seem to like buying companies)

So I for one would not be terribly worried about VW group pushing Ducati in the wrong direction or changing what makes a Ducati a Ducati..
But I bet they engineer the less than perfect elements out of them.

On the other hand I can see some more well sorted fancy computer controlled do dads appearing. But there cars are very understated. (Audio brand that is) but very capable. They are not attention grabbers that is all. Very clean designs which can mean boring to some.

GrahamD screwed with this post 03-13-2012 at 06:08 PM
Old 03-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #2906
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,425
Can't see the VAG group allowing the 6 week mid-summer shutdown.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #2907
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson View Post
Can't see the VAG group allowing the 6 week mid-summer shutdown.
Maybe with all the robots they own they may just give them a 52 week vacation.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #2908
Lightisright
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
you also might look into the "Aztec Spacers" on Ducati.MS as well....

I just got back from the dealer and am going to test ride a MS12TS and an 800XC tomorrow. I really like the Ti color and they have one on the floor. How do you think this matte finish will wear? Will scrubbing bugs off of it cause polished shiny spots?

Also, how much are the extended bag lids? I like the bike but it makes me nervous that it's money on top of money. He said the 15k service runs about $1000, although I usually do all my own maintenance (did my own belts/valves on my old 900SS, though there was about a million less things to remove).

I'm all over the place re bikes. Trying to ride as many as I can. Have a friend that's going to loan me his GSA12 for a day or two. This dealer's Explorer demo is due in end of March, as is another's Stelvio (not a demo).
Lightisright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #2909
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightisright View Post
I just got back from the dealer and am going to test ride a MS12TS and an 800XC tomorrow. I really like the Ti color and they have one on the floor. How do you think this matte finish will wear? Will scrubbing bugs off of it cause polished shiny spots?

Also, how much are the extended bag lids? I like the bike but it makes me nervous that it's money on top of money. He said the 15k service runs about $1000, although I usually do all my own maintenance (did my own belts/valves on my old 900SS, though there was about a million less things to remove).

I'm all over the place re bikes. Trying to ride as many as I can. Have a friend that's going to loan me his GSA12 for a day or two. This dealer's Explorer demo is due in end of March, as is another's Stelvio (not a demo).

If you live in Southern California, you can have a nice long test ride by renting an MS from Rentaducati.com. A friend and I rented a Hyper and a Multistrada. I had been wanting an HM for 3 years, badly. After riding the Multistrada 1200 I have no thoughts at all of the HM but cannot get Multistrada off my mind. You won't be "all over the place" after riding a Multistrada. Try it on Ortega highway or Mt Palomar.....it will remove all doubts about what to buy.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #2910
Lightisright
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I guess I should add my location, unfortunately I'm in NE Ohio, not sunny Cali. My demo ride was just around town, 25-45mph speed limits. I was really afraid I'd be spending $20k this afternoon but the MS isn't quite there for me. The other bike was a Tri 800XC, wrong for other reasons (mostly not enough motor). And I know these two bikes are on opposite sides of the adv market, but I wanted to try both and this dealer had a demo model of each one. Just figuring out what I want.

Even doing the work myself which I would, I don't like the idea of belts/valves adj practically every year. The seating position was too tight also (an '11, the '12 I sat on was a little better). The modes are fun but I think I'd end up just riding it in the same one all the time anyway. I'll have to take another look when they put the Panigale engine in it in a couple of years.

Lightisright screwed with this post 03-16-2012 at 11:57 AM Reason: add clarification
Lightisright is offline   Reply With Quote