ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #3151
brokeassloser
I'll do it!!!
 
brokeassloser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver WA
Oddometer: 171
I don't have anything useful to add other than I REALLY love this bike, so heres a poser shot.


http://
__________________
1200 multistrada- the sleek Italian v-strom!
07 DRZ for tight stuff
73 honda 350 four for lollygagging
brokeassloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #3152
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere
 
jerdog53's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: 80122
Oddometer: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassloser View Post
I don't have anything useful to add other than I REALLY love this bike, so heres a poser shot.


http://
and what a shot it is!!
__________________
13 Hyperstrada 09 696 Monster

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #3153
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 733
Actually

Actually, you just added a log on the fire...the fire of desire

I think that's a super picture, I told my buddy when we saw that picture "man, wouldn't it be cool to get to ride in Washington state and see some different landscapes!" How about them evergreens?

90% Mutli, 10% Explorer as of today!
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #3154
-GREG-
Gnarly Adventurer
 
-GREG-'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: NYC or GA depending on the day.....
Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Actually, you just added a log on the fire...the fire of desire

I think that's a super picture, I told my buddy when we saw that picture "man, wouldn't it be cool to get to ride in Washington state and see some different landscapes!" How about them evergreens?

90% Mutli, 10% Explorer as of today!
Here's another log then....

__________________
MTS1200 ST
-GREG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #3155
KodiakRS
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 65
Just had my first session of "spirited" riding. Apparently the Italians have tiny feet because mine kept running into things. The exhaust, the center stand, the passenger foot pegs, and eventually the ground. Here's the result:



I'm going to remove the center stand and have it modified. I've already removed the passenger foot pegs but I need to figure out a way to mount the side bags without that lower support mechanism. Any brilliant ideas would be appreciated. I was thinking of cutting off that front arm on the passenger peg support bracket but I don't really like the idea of cutting $500+ worth of components.
KodiakRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #3156
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer
 
TIGERRIDER007's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Acworth, GA
Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GREG- View Post
Here's another log then....

Thanks GREG! That's awesome...poor fella on the blue bike was saying, "maybe I should've got a multi!"
__________________
Scott
06' Triumph Tiger (my lifer)
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #3157
Assfault
Exposed Member
 
Assfault's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: RockyMountains
Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakRS View Post
Just had my first session of "spirited" riding. Apparently the Italians have tiny feet because mine kept running into things. The exhaust, the center stand, the passenger foot pegs, and eventually the ground. Here's the result:



I'm going to remove the center stand and have it modified. I've already removed the passenger foot pegs but I need to figure out a way to mount the side bags without that lower support mechanism. Any brilliant ideas would be appreciated. I was thinking of cutting off that front arm on the passenger peg support bracket but I don't really like the idea of cutting $500+ worth of components.
Most of the weight is supported by those pass peg mounts. I wouldn't use them just supported by the two pastic top clips.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
__________________
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #3158
KodiakRS
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
Most of the weight is supported by those pass peg mounts. I wouldn't use them just supported by the two pastic top clips.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
I'm starting to realize that. I guess I'll just run a tank/tail bag until I need the extra carrying capacity of the saddlebags in which case I'll take the extra few seconds to bolt on the passenger foot pegs. If I'm carrying enough stuff to need the saddlebags it's probably not a good idea to be whipping around corners that fast anyway.
KodiakRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #3159
Wahoo
Persevering
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Wapiti
Oddometer: 77
MultiStrada 1200 Issues

I have been riding BMW's for a number of years and have gotten along very well with them, however this MultiStrada 1200 certainly interests me. Having read most of this thread a number of issues with the Multi have been noted. A Duc. Dealer has informed me that Ducati has done a good job of correcting these issues in the years and months since the Multi 1200 was introduced. I am interested in hearing from some of you Multi 1200 owners to know if this statement is indeed true.
Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #3160
StromHAMMER
Gnarly Adventurer
 
StromHAMMER's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 132
Here's another log for the fire. I really love this bike.



I have an appointment this week at the dealer to get my rear brake master cylinder upgraded. Apparently, you have to have your bike in the shop twice for this issue before they will fix it under warranty.
__________________
To the man who only has a hammer in the tool kit, every problem looks like a nail. -Abraham Maslow-
StromHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #3161
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bails's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Wollongong Australia
Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
I have been riding BMW's for a number of years and have gotten along very well with them, however this MultiStrada 1200 certainly interests me. Having read most of this thread a number of issues with the Multi have been noted. A Duc. Dealer has informed me that Ducati has done a good job of correcting these issues in the years and months since the Multi 1200 was introduced. I am interested in hearing from some of you Multi 1200 owners to know if this statement is indeed true.
It is false
__________________
If it has to Be then it's up to Me!
Bikes Multi Strada 1200 BMW GSA
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #3162
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer
 
Dave.0's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: The coldest part of Arizona
Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
I have been riding BMW's for a number of years and have gotten along very well with them, however this MultiStrada 1200 certainly interests me. Having read most of this thread a number of issues with the Multi have been noted. A Duc. Dealer has informed me that Ducati has done a good job of correcting these issues in the years and months since the Multi 1200 was introduced. I am interested in hearing from some of you Multi 1200 owners to know if this statement is indeed true.
I have an early 2010 bike and had the usual recalls and stuff, but no chronic problems. I had the rear brake master cylinder changed and its better now. I needed a new rear shock ecu for the DES preload error thing, but that cured the problem and that was the last thing that needed to be addressed. That was 15000 miles ago. Currently the thing runs like a top and seems better than ever. I can't comment on the whether or not the new bikes have the same issues. All the issues have been handled under warranty and none stopped me from riding. Overall its been pretty fantastic. I did purchase and extended warranty though.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #3163
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,460
I gave up

Multistrada 1200 has been out for two years, and all this time I have been refusing to ride one because I knew what was going to happen. Well, I finally gave up and picked one up without even test riding it

__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #3164
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere
 
jerdog53's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: 80122
Oddometer: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
Multistrada 1200 has been out for two years, and all this time I have been refusing to ride one because I knew what was going to happen.


Thats been my deal
__________________
13 Hyperstrada 09 696 Monster

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #3165
mfaoro
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: the Cascade foothills, WA USA
Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
I have been riding BMW's for a number of years and have gotten along very well with them, however this MultiStrada 1200 certainly interests me. Having read most of this thread a number of issues with the Multi have been noted. A Duc. Dealer has informed me that Ducati has done a good job of correcting these issues in the years and months since the Multi 1200 was introduced. I am interested in hearing from some of you Multi 1200 owners to know if this statement is indeed true.

When compared with KTM - Ducati service has been excellent. Would I have liked some of the recalls to be faster - yes, but I feel like they have really supported the bike.
__________________
'14 KTM Adv R
mfaoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014