Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #3151
brokeassloser
I'll do it!!!

Oddometer: 171
I don't have anything useful to add other than I REALLY love this bike, so heres a poser shot.

http://
brokeassloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #3152
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassloser View Post
I don't have anything useful to add other than I REALLY love this bike, so heres a poser shot.

http://
and what a shot it is!!

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #3153
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Actually

Actually, you just added a log on the fire...the fire of desire

I think that's a super picture, I told my buddy when we saw that picture "man, wouldn't it be cool to get to ride in Washington state and see some different landscapes!" How about them evergreens?

90% Mutli, 10% Explorer as of today!
Old 05-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #3154
-GREG-
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Actually, you just added a log on the fire...the fire of desire

I think that's a super picture, I told my buddy when we saw that picture "man, wouldn't it be cool to get to ride in Washington state and see some different landscapes!" How about them evergreens?

90% Mutli, 10% Explorer as of today!
Here's another log then....

Old 05-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #3155
KodiakRS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Just had my first session of "spirited" riding. Apparently the Italians have tiny feet because mine kept running into things. The exhaust, the center stand, the passenger foot pegs, and eventually the ground. Here's the result:

I'm going to remove the center stand and have it modified. I've already removed the passenger foot pegs but I need to figure out a way to mount the side bags without that lower support mechanism. Any brilliant ideas would be appreciated. I was thinking of cutting off that front arm on the passenger peg support bracket but I don't really like the idea of cutting $500+ worth of components.
KodiakRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #3156
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GREG- View Post
Here's another log then....

Thanks GREG! That's awesome...poor fella on the blue bike was saying, "maybe I should've got a multi!"
Old 05-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #3157
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakRS View Post
Just had my first session of "spirited" riding. Apparently the Italians have tiny feet because mine kept running into things. The exhaust, the center stand, the passenger foot pegs, and eventually the ground. Here's the result:

I'm going to remove the center stand and have it modified. I've already removed the passenger foot pegs but I need to figure out a way to mount the side bags without that lower support mechanism. Any brilliant ideas would be appreciated. I was thinking of cutting off that front arm on the passenger peg support bracket but I don't really like the idea of cutting $500+ worth of components.
Most of the weight is supported by those pass peg mounts. I wouldn't use them just supported by the two pastic top clips.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #3158
KodiakRS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
Most of the weight is supported by those pass peg mounts. I wouldn't use them just supported by the two pastic top clips.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
I'm starting to realize that. I guess I'll just run a tank/tail bag until I need the extra carrying capacity of the saddlebags in which case I'll take the extra few seconds to bolt on the passenger foot pegs. If I'm carrying enough stuff to need the saddlebags it's probably not a good idea to be whipping around corners that fast anyway.
KodiakRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #3159
Wahoo
Persevering

Oddometer: 77
MultiStrada 1200 Issues

I have been riding BMW's for a number of years and have gotten along very well with them, however this MultiStrada 1200 certainly interests me. Having read most of this thread a number of issues with the Multi have been noted. A Duc. Dealer has informed me that Ducati has done a good job of correcting these issues in the years and months since the Multi 1200 was introduced. I am interested in hearing from some of you Multi 1200 owners to know if this statement is indeed true.
Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #3160
StromHAMMER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Here's another log for the fire. I really love this bike.

I have an appointment this week at the dealer to get my rear brake master cylinder upgraded. Apparently, you have to have your bike in the shop twice for this issue before they will fix it under warranty.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #3161
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
I have been riding BMW's for a number of years and have gotten along very well with them, however this MultiStrada 1200 certainly interests me. Having read most of this thread a number of issues with the Multi have been noted. A Duc. Dealer has informed me that Ducati has done a good job of correcting these issues in the years and months since the Multi 1200 was introduced. I am interested in hearing from some of you Multi 1200 owners to know if this statement is indeed true.
It is false
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #3162
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
I have an early 2010 bike and had the usual recalls and stuff, but no chronic problems. I had the rear brake master cylinder changed and its better now. I needed a new rear shock ecu for the DES preload error thing, but that cured the problem and that was the last thing that needed to be addressed. That was 15000 miles ago. Currently the thing runs like a top and seems better than ever. I can't comment on the whether or not the new bikes have the same issues. All the issues have been handled under warranty and none stopped me from riding. Overall its been pretty fantastic. I did purchase and extended warranty though.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #3163
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,460
I gave up

Multistrada 1200 has been out for two years, and all this time I have been refusing to ride one because I knew what was going to happen. Well, I finally gave up and picked one up without even test riding it

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #3164
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
Multistrada 1200 has been out for two years, and all this time I have been refusing to ride one because I knew what was going to happen.

Thats been my deal

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #3165
mfaoro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:

When compared with KTM - Ducati service has been excellent. Would I have liked some of the recalls to be faster - yes, but I feel like they have really supported the bike.