Thank you sir!
gharari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #3182
BDG
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
I think it's electronically limited to 150mph.....

-SM
No it's not.

Had mine up to 157 mph. 144 mph on the GPS, but must take the top box (back box) off as that slows it down.

I'm a very efficient idiot.
BDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #3183
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG View Post
No it's not.

Had mine up to 157 mph. 144 mph on the GPS, but must take the top box (back box) off as that slows it down.
That odometer is not that accurate if you are only doing 144 and the speedo is showing 157.
That is around 9% error. Guess they want you thinking you are going faster than you really are.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #3184
gharari
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Odometers, like many instruments, are more accurate in the center of their range, or sweet spot. The further away from that calibrated sweet spot, typically the higher the error. I am guessing at around 50-80 mph, the speedo is pretty accurate. Anyone care to compare with their gps?

gharari screwed with this post 06-01-2012 at 03:24 PM Reason: punctuation
gharari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #3185
wheels
Practicing to retire

Oddometer: 143
My 2010 Mutley is always 5 or 6 mph faster than my gps. It's been said many times Ducati does this on purpose, maybe all manufacturers do.

"Full Tilt Bozo Panic"
wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #3186
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
It says right in the owners manual the speedo is 8% high and the odometer is calibrated to be correct.

The fastest I have had mine is 152 indicated, not quite as fast as the old Super Hawk but pushing a lot more wind.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #3187
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharari View Post
Odometers, like many instruments, are more accurate in the center of their range, or sweet spot. The further away from that calibrated sweet spot, typically the higher the error. I am guessing at around 50-80 mph, the speedo is pretty accurate. Anyone care to compare with their gps?

The odometer on these use wheel speed sensor front and rear (Hall I think). I suspect they are very accurate at any range. Ducati relys on the input for ABS and traction control functions, so I would expect them to be. A lot more so then the old school mechanical odometers.

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #3188
Flacrusher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Rode a '12 Multi S demo today

Been lusting after the Multistrada 1200 for 2 years now (Bought a Superduke to hold me over till now). I keep lurking around and see the S10, the Tiger 1200, the GS1200 but always come back to the MTS.

I went to a BMW dealer to look at a 2010 with 1600 miles and we couldn't get our pricing completely in line. I rode to the local Ducati dealer and there's a red beauty in the parking lot. Guy next to it says wanna ride it? It's a new demo! Oh yeah!!!!

Started in Urban Mode, then Touring, then Sport, then Enduro. Nice bike, all the power and comfort anyone needs. All the internet positives and negatives are fairly accurate but the ride (30 miles) did put things in perspective. If you ride a Superduke, the Ducati doesn't have surging issues and it's pretty soft. I liked it and anticipate I will own one in the very near future. Superduke for SALE!! I'm joining the Duc club!!!
Flacrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #3189
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackisme View Post
Fellow Multi Drivers,

Does anyone have experience with Touratech's Zega Pro panniers on their MTS? I frequently ride my Touring model with Ducati's panniers but am planning some extensive travel/camping this summer and have been thinking about the utility and apparent durability of the Zegas. My alternative plan (and approx $1000 cheaper) is to get Ducati's 73L pannier lids which should allow me to carry about everything internally. But I'm not too crazy with the prospect of getting the pretty plastic all scratched up :)

If anyone's mounted the Touratech bags, what are your thoughts on the the mounting framework? With the way it uses the bike's existing mount slots, are you confident in the system's overall ruggedness? Any experience you can share would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jack
I am looking hard at the new multi but not impressed with the panniers. I searched this thread and found this gentleman asking the question I too am looking to get answered. touratech has panniers very similar to my bmw gs adventures which i like a lot. Has anyone here installed them?? thanks
Old 06-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #3190
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by KankakeeBenjamin View Post
I am looking hard at the new multi but not impressed with the panniers. I searched this thread and found this gentleman asking the question I too am looking to get answered. touratech has panniers very similar to my bmw gs adventures which i like a lot. Has anyone here installed them?? thanks
Check out this thread: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multi...ros-multi.html

There are a few other threads on the same topic over there.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #3191
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Check out this thread: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multi...ros-multi.html

There are a few other threads on the same topic over there.

-SM
Thank you very much for the link. I can get over the smaller fuel tank on the multi compared to my gsa but the stock panniers do not compare. I think I can work with the multi for sure now. Thanks now I have to sell my 1198s then a new multi
Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #3192
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer: 1,721
More photos of Ti bikes, please.

--"Nope, it's a playground"..
Fubars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #3193
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,546
Possible speedo fix.

Ever since I got the bike, the 8% factory error on the speedo bugged me. I've been running a Sigma BC 1009 on my 08 GS for almost 4 years. Has been working great. Nice to have an accurate speedo. On the GS I have it mounted on the right handlebar inboard of the switch gear & mirror.

I have a rear bicycle wheel sensor mount. The wire on the stock front wheel mount is too short for motorcycle use.

On the MTS mounting it in the same place would make it pretty inconvenient to see w/ the tank bag blocking a lot of the screen. The only way to see it would be to move my body to the right. Pain in the neck, plus it would be way out of your normal field of view.

I was goofing around w/ a piece of PVC this morning and came up w/ this.

I cut a slot in the tubing w/ a Dremel tool to the curve of the handle that raises & lowers the windscreen.

It was a pretty snug fit right away & won't come off easily, but it would move some. So pulled out the pair of foam earplugs from my riding jacket and jammed them inside. Nice and tight now.

Next will be fabbing a mount for the sensor. I think it will be possible to make something that will bolt to the inner right fork leg through the lower fender mounts. The fender mount is threaded all the way through. Should be easy to get longer bolts to hold the fender & Nylock nut the sensor mount to the bolts.

I'll post that up when I get it finished.

After it's working right, I'll spray the tubing flat back.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #3194
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
I use my Garmin 660 to give accurate speed. Also why worry if you know the speedo is fast , do you ride looking at it all the time ?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #3195
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,546
That's the sticker protecting the speedo face. i have my Garmin premanently mounted to my GS hack rig.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote