User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #3196
muzza
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Seats 2011 vs 2012

Hey all, just looking at trading the GS for one of these beasts. Can someone please tell me if the seats are different on the 2011 vs 2012 models.

I have ridden the 11 and felt like I was locked into the seat.
muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #3197
martys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
yes, the seats are different, but they ride the same. the changes are with how the rider/pillion seat fits together, not with how you sit in it.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #3198
690rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzza View Post
Hey all, just looking at trading the GS for one of these beasts. Can someone please tell me if the seats are different on the 2011 vs 2012 models.

There is a little more room for the rider on the 2012. The made the pillion seat a little shorter so it doesn't overlap the rider's seat by quite so much. It's not a huge difference.
690rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #3199
muzza
Adventurer

Thanks for the replies. The local dealer is finally getting a 2012 model, so I will check it out.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #3200
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Quote:

Hey muzza - looking to hear what you like more about the Multi than the GS. I've puta few miles on my buddy's multi, but curious about a GS...haven't ridden th GS yet.
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #3201
Earthshake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
I had the same concern on my test ride, and it nearly kept me from buying. However, after a year of ownership I can say it hasn't bothered me at all. In fact, when you grab a handful of throttle you will be very glad there is something there to hold you in place.
Earthshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #3202
muzza
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoBiker View Post
Hey muzza - looking to hear what you like more about the Multi than the GS. I've puta few miles on my buddy's multi, but curious about a GS...haven't ridden th GS yet.
I love the extra power of the multi, it's lighter, better brakes and just a blast to ride.

However, I rode a triumph explorer today and was really surprised how good it was. It maybe heavier than the GS but it certainly doesn't feel like it, The motor was very smooth, not as grunty as the multi but a lot more than the GS.

Decisions, decisions!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:57 AM   #3203
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,347
Tuono,

Do not buy the GS if you are looking for an upright sport bike, trust me on this.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #3204
mag00
Outa Control Dave

Oddometer: 419
Quote:
I love the extra power of the multi, it's lighter, better brakes and just a blast to ride.

However, I rode a triumph explorer today and was really surprised how good it was. It maybe heavier than the GS but it certainly doesn't feel like it, The motor was very smooth, not as grunty as the multi but a lot more than the GS.

Decisions, decisions!
As someone who came off a GSA you will not be sorry for getting the multistrada it is an all around better bike except for serious off road rode some fire roads last weekend and it was ok. And it's kinda like riding a rocket really fast. Just my 2 cents worth
09 R1200GSA
IBA #25226
mag00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #3205
Francisco Enes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonny View Post
Just out of curiosity.... just how fast can my stock 2011 Multistrada go, last year on a lonely highway I cranked it up to 200 kph (124mph) and had a few gears left. What ever it is I'm never going to see it but it makes me wonder.

i have a 2010 model, and when you want, and there are no one to "see" you do it.. you can take it to 287kmh!!! If you leave the top case on, you can´t pass the 255 kmh....
Francisco Enes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #3206
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
Tuono,

Do not buy the GS if you are looking for an upright sport bike, trust me on this.
Yeah, spent about 30 miles on my buddy's and its a close rival to my Tuono Factory...its got more low-end grunt, softer handling, but, wow, plenty confident and sticky in the corners. I could see it as a good replacement to start doing more sport-touring. Man, love my T-Factory though...had the suspension setup for me by someone who knows how and wow - tough to get rid of. But, when you want to crunch miles, its not the best choice.

Multi and GSA on my shortlist. Different animals IMO, but still similar on many respects.

Anxious to see if the Multi gets changed for 2013 and if BMW adds a coolant tank to the GSA.
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #3207
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
GoPro Mount Points on MTS1200

I am looking for some tips preferably with pictures of the way you mount your GoPro camera on the MTS1200.
I have the Motorsports edition of the GoPro. So it has a very good suction cup, roll bar mount and a bunch of adhesive strip mounts that I am reluctant to use.
I have a few ideas of my own. But want to "crowd source" more so to speak.
Also if anyone owns the GoPro WiFi remote (http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/) then it'd be interesting to hear where you mount and/or tried mounting it to. I just bought one and it is a pretty neat addition to the GoPro camera.

Thanks,

Sideout.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #3208
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,443
Rode a '12 Sport today. Second time i've ridden a MTS - first being a Touring when they first came out.
Still not sure about the bike. The extra power over my S10 was nice, but the wind management negated that when the pace picked up. Driveline, brakes and fuelling were all top notch. Electric suspension is still pointless for my needs.
I need to have a go on a 848 Streety. If there is going to be a smaller MTS then that might be just the ticket.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #3209
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,107
Interesting. I sold my Multi12 2010 (standard) to purchase the S10. Main difference better wind protection for touring and more comfortable suspension for traveling. Do miss the HP/Torque and sharp handling. Don't miss the short tank range, in that you spend the last 40 miles riding easy to try and make a station.

I also got very good UBS/ABS and TC. The TC on the Multi12 is very aggressive when it comes in, like cutting a cylinder, hardly notice on the S10.

I am headed to Alaska, and that was another decision to change to the S10. Multi 12 would do I expect, but the dealers are far and few, yamaha is everywhere. Plus I have let my warranty expire on the S10, would not recommend doing that on the Multi12.

The Multi 12 is the first bike that I have sold that I would consider returning to. Pretty cool bike, and a blast to ride in the twisties.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #3210
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,443
I know this'll be considered heresy by the faithful - but the engine did nothing for me. It's fast and responsive - but i'd still put Triumph's triple ahead on emotive enjoyment.
Still, nice to try all these lovely machines.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote