Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #3406
wheels
Practicing to retire

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonny View Post
What size socket do I need to remove the back wheel on my 2011 Multistrada?
I believe it's 55mm, try looking here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MULTI...item43af0c2b0f and here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAIN...item43acb4a86e

Check out Andys website,http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/inde...pageId=1199506

"Full Tilt Bozo Panic"
wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #3407
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
I wouldn't mess with the soft anodized ones- get an impact grade from speedymoto inportland
That nut is a bitch to get off
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #3408
M0t0Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
I wouldn't mess with the soft anodized ones- get an impact grade from speedymoto inportland
That nut is a bitch to get off
+1

....and keep it under the seat so if you have a tire issue any shop can remove the rear wheel, if not your at the mercy of a Ducati shop if there is one local.
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #3409
HOLLYWOOD33
Never Satisfied

Oddometer: 24
Steel one for $39.99

http://www.motomfg.com/ShoppingCart.asp

HOLLYWOOD33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #3410
ianbh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Over 1", metric and SAE both seem to work for me. Just be sure you use a 6-point socket. Ian, Iowa
ianbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #3411
jobysw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Hey guys, I bought my '12 a month ago. I have 3,500 miles on it so far and am loving it. I traded in a 07 990 adv and a 03 VFR Interceptor. It dont miss either one. Just now getting around to reading this thread and figured I should share my joy.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #3412
Yoyodyne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobysw View Post
Hey guys, I bought my '12 a month ago. I have 3,500 miles on it so far and am loving it. I traded in a 07 990 adv and a 03 VFR Interceptor. It dont miss either one. Just now getting around to reading this thread and figured I should share my joy.

I'm ready to buy either a 848 Streetfighter, or a 1200 Multistrada--2 very different and disparate bikes. On one hand, I want a light, easy-to-maneuver bike for fun, quick rides (and $4,000 cheaper than the Multi), and on the other hand, I want to take long distance rides with my wonderful wife.

My problem with the Multi is that at 5' 9 1/2" tall, I'm on tippy toes when sitting on it, coupled with the high price point.

Arrrgghhh....

Any suggestions?

--Yoyo
Yoyodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #3413
socalmoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
I am with you....

I am on the fence about the MS because it feels too tall for me, they do have a lower seat which drops the height a bit. I am test riding one on Sat, hopefully they have a lower seat I can check out.
socalmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #3414
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,042
@jobysw - Congrats! That's a big change going from a 990ADV to a Mutley. I hope you go easy on the Italian princess....at least for a while....

@yoyodyne - a buddy of mine is your height and loves his Multi. He got the low seat and was going to look into lowering the suspension, but now that he's gotten used to the bike, he's going to leave it as-is. As for the price, you might want to check out a used one and save some $$$.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #3415
Yoyodyne
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
@jobysw - Congrats! That's a big change going from a 990ADV to a Mutley. I hope you go easy on the Italian princess....at least for a while....

@yoyodyne - a buddy of mine is your height and loves his Multi. He got the low seat and was going to look into lowering the suspension, but now that he's gotten used to the bike, he's going to leave it as-is. As for the price, you might want to check out a used one and save some $$$.

-SM
Monkey of the Holy Sock,
Thanks--we have a wonderful Ducati dealership here in the Ft Lauderdale area--I'll have to inquire about a lower seat option!

--Yoyodyne
Old 07-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #3416
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyodyne View Post
Monkey of the Holy Sock,
Thanks--we have a wonderful Ducati dealership here in the Ft Lauderdale area--I'll have to inquire about a lower seat option!

--Yoyodyne
I've got a very low seat that came w/ the bike. The seller had a Don Ho body type. All torso w/ short legs.

Headed out for a ride today. I'll take some photos of the bike from the side w/ the enduro seat & the custom one when I get back.

The low seat is a Rocky Mayer on built on a stock seat pan.

Maybe this picture will give you an idea of the seat height.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #3417
Yoyodyne
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
I've got a very low seat that came w/ the bike. The seller had a Don Ho body type. All torso w/ short legs.

Headed out for a ride today. I'll take some photos of the bike from the side w/ the enduro seat & the custom one when I get back.

The low seat is a Rocky Mayer on built on a stock seat pan.

Maybe this picture will give you an idea of the seat height.

Thanks for the info. Truly appreciate it. Looks like you like the MS. Any other words of advice regarding the bike would be GREATLY appreciated. In addition to the Honda crotch rockets I've owned back when I had hair on my head, I've had a BMW R1100RT and a BMW R1150 R. Looking to get back onto a bike that's fun to ride, and versatile...
Old 07-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #3418
sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobysw View Post

Congrats with the bike, and congrats with the Owl Creek Pass ascent. Know right where that is. A wonderful ride. And pic.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #3419
VSK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Just bought a new one.....

.....and its fantastic! A little intimidated by the electronics at first but am getting better after a few hours with the instruction manual. I dont think I have anything new to say about the bike that hasnt been said in the previous 228 pages of this thread.

Must make one observation - I am 5'10'' and the screen at the lowest setting caused minimal buffeting which is a huge change coming from the R1200R. I tried 3 different screens on the R (with and without laminar lips) and still couldnt find something that works. More importantly, my wife found the multistrada to be the most comfortable (she hated the tiger and could barely tolerate the r1200r). Went on the first ride with her yesterday and no complaints after a 150 mile ride.

One question - I understand that the EverRed extended warranty is no longer sold in the US. My dealer offered me the Western Service Contract warrant at $750 for 3 years. Not been able to find too much discussion on WSC on advrider or ducati.ms. What are people's thoughts and experiences on WCS? Does the price seem reasonable? Thanks.

Pictures to come.....
VSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #3420
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,447
The EverRed program was on sale for $900-$1k prior to it being discontinued, so if the coverage/insurance co. rating is the same, it would seem like a good price.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote