Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #3421
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSK View Post
One question - I understand that the EverRed extended warranty is no longer sold in the US. My dealer offered me the Western Service Contract warrant at $750 for 3 years. Not been able to find too much discussion on WSC on advrider or ducati.ms. What are people's thoughts and experiences on WCS? Does the price seem reasonable? Thanks.

Pictures to come.....
Congrats on the new scoot!

Re. Western, I've heard very good things about them and if I didn't have the EverRed I'd buy the Western. The only concern I would have, and something you need to ask your dealer, is if ALL parts of the DES and ABS systems are covered. I had heard certain parts of the DES were NOT covered, but I know they sell different level warranties and their top of the line "A" warranty may take care of it.

Enjoy!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #3422
csimon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
What i heard recently is that Ducati is coming out with a new OEM program that is supposed to be way better than the EverRed and 3rd parties in the near future. I was told to hold off buying anything as long as i am within the warranty period i am still ok. Let's stay tuned.
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #3423
sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
Western took care of me well on an expensive claim.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #3424
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by csimon View Post
What i heard recently is that Ducati is coming out with a new OEM program that is supposed to be way better than the EverRed and 3rd parties in the near future. I was told to hold off buying anything as long as i am within the warranty period i am still ok. Let's stay tuned.
"Way better than EverRed"??? It's plug 'n play with dealers. If it's covered by the 2yr manuf. warranty, it's covered under EverRed. No middle-man, no fuss. What can be "way better" than that??? Got any details?

Thanks.

-SM
Old 07-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #3425
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
What can be "way better" than that???
It's not discontinued.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #3426
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyodyne View Post
Thanks for the info. Truly appreciate it.

Ducati Enduro seat.

Rocky Mayer Seat for the inseam impaired.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #3427
eye.surgeon
...riding California

Oddometer: 221
I've had the Western service contract on a BMW and a V-Strom, and they are good. Dealers like them which is a good sign. My ducati dealer recommends them, I bought one a month ago with my new Multi, paid $1050 for the full 7 year warranty. That was a steep discount, my sense is they were selling it for little profit as a means of getting the bike sale. I do recall the 3 year was offered to me for a little less, like $900.

eye.surgeon screwed with this post 07-23-2012 at 08:28 PM
eye.surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #3428
NorCal_Multi
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye.surgeon View Post
I've had the Western service contract on a BMW and a V-Strom, and they are good. Dealers like them which is a good sign. My ducati dealer recommends them, I bought one a month ago with my new Multi, paid $1050 for the full 7 year warranty. That was a steep discount, my sense is they were selling it for little profit as a means of getting the bike sale. I do recall the 3 year was offered to me for a little less, like $900.
I had a Western Service Contract, the A level (new bike, zero deductible, transferable or refundable) on my Diavel. Was $950 for 7 years. When I bought my Multi the dealer was pushing a warranty from Protective called Xtraride. Anyone ever hear of that? Supposedly it's exclusionary but I can't find a complete list. It also doesn't apperr to be refundable (prorated) like the WSC is.

If I can get a WSC for $1050 I might go that route.
NorCal_Multi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #3429
stino
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Hi guys here It is my ready to go in Greece from North Italy

stino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #3430
Francisco Enes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
very nice tour! but you shoul get ride of the KTM signs!

[/QUOTE]
Francisco Enes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #3431
Yoyodyne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Thanks for the pictures and the information--just bought a new 2012 Multistrada yesterday, and am in love with it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Yoyodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #3432
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyodyne View Post
Thanks for the pictures and the information--just bought a new 2012 Multistrada yesterday, and am in love with it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Congrats YoYo!

-SM
Old 08-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #3433
paulrn
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 430
A friend of mine recently bought one. Used bike, not sure of the year but with very low mileage and in great shape.

I got a chance to ride it. FREAKIN AWESOME! I want one. Still want to keep the 990 ADV but would love to have the Ducati also. KTM needs to add the capability of increasing HP when needed to the 990. 150 HP would be nice at times like fully loaded two up at 8000 ft or so.
paulrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #3434
sfarson
On a Ride

Oddometer: 2,128
Riding an MTS12 and 990ADV, living at 8800ft, the 990ADV for its purposes has more than enough power two up, at this elevation and higher.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #3435
Francisco Enes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Pissed des

mine just got it... the DES ERROR!!

Whay should i do??

it apeared to me when changing from sport to touring... then i did the basic ON/OFF.... it disapeared! But then, a few miles ahead.... again! Also when changing modes... F!!!K!

Anyone got this solved whitout new parts??
Francisco Enes is offline   Reply With Quote