Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #3541
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Well, now that the European show season is fast approaching isn't it time we had some rumors on the next Multistrada

848 Version for 2013?

okay, maybe that's the new Hyper

I'm thinking the next MTS 1200 (2014/15) is more refinement of the Multi/Hyper platform (the Hypermotard will be discontinued). Personally I'd like a little more range, better breeze management (which means a wider screen), refinement in the fueling and the color display from the Panigale.

Other than that it's light enough, handles well enough and has performance enough to keep me very happy.

p.s. Shouldn't this be in Road Warriors
++++++1 I would love better wind protection, bigger tank/range, and better fueling below 45mph.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #3542
spartanman
regret minimizer

Oddometer: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by KankakeeBenjamin View Post
++++++1 I would love better wind protection, bigger tank/range, and better fueling below 45mph.
Buy an RT.
spartanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #3543
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanman View Post
Buy an RT.
hahahaha the RT is for old men or serious touring ??? I'm not that old. Sucker
Old 09-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #3544
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
IMHO that is definately the new Hyper (848?)
Yep, I think so too. Which means unless there's a surprise at Intermot a replacement Multi is at least a year or two away, so you're safe
Old 09-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #3545
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,310
Opinions, Pls - Ducati Experience Demo Bikes

I would like your opinions, please. Local dealer has come up with 4 of the Ducati Experience demo bikes for sale. All are 2012's with less than 4,000 miles. He is asking about what most starting prices are for low Mileage 2010's.

I see they have also been used in the Ducati Training Academy, not sure what that is unless it is where they train new mechanics ???

Do any of you have any opinions or knowledge of how these bikes are ridden, treated, maintained, who rides them, risk in buying ? I have not had the chance to see them yet and I assume they will have the full warranty.

Thanks.

KHVol screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 07:39 PM
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #3546
KankakeeBenjamin
Gnarly Adventurer

How would you ride a demo?? I would ride it pretty hard. Does that mean demo bikes are no go, I don't thnk so. I personally would prefer to spend a bit more for a new to me bike but that's just me.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #3547
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KankakeeBenjamin View Post
How would you ride a demo?? I would ride it pretty hard. Does that mean demo bikes are no go, I don't thnk so. I personally would prefer to spend a bit more for a new to me bike but that's just me.
I am not as concerned now about the "demo" part as I am the thought of newby mechanics learning to turn wrenches on the bike. Most of the demo rides are chaperoned as I understand it but I don't like the thouhght of rounded bolt heads inside the motor or valves set at 20 MM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #3548
slipknot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
I am not as concerned now about the "demo" part as I am the thought of newby mechanics learning to turn wrenches on the bike. Most of the demo rides are chaperoned as I understand it but I don't like the thouhght of rounded bolt heads inside the motor or valves set at 20 MM.
I think their training academy is for introducing Ducati techs from dealers to the new models and for upgrading their training. Do you really think Ducati is going to turn loose total rookies on $20,000 machines?

As for demos being ridden hard, how many here can really push the MS to it's limits on demo rides? Even if the roads were adequate for such riding where the dealers are located, how many riders will actually take a machine of such potential to it's limits the first time on the bike?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #3549
M0t0Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by khvol View Post
i would like your opinions, please. Local dealer has come up with 4 of the ducati experience demo bikes for sale. All are 2012's with less than 4,000 miles. He is asking about what most starting prices are for low mileage 2010's.

I see they have also been used in the ducati training academy, not sure what that is unless it is where they train new mechanics ???

Do any of you have any opinions or knowledge of how these bikes are ridden, treated, maintained, who rides them, risk in buying ? I have not had the chance to see them yet and i assume they will have the full warranty.

Thanks.
redline?
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #3550
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0t0Rider View Post
redline?
Yep.....
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #3551
M0t0Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Yep.....
Bought my 2010 Multi there...

Good buying experience...

Nice folks..
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #3552
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0t0Rider View Post
Bought my 2010 Multi there...

Good buying experience...

Nice folks..
Thanks for the headsup..been looking at his bikes for some time now ....need to go ahead and pull the trigger...it is an interesting dealership, parking lot is always full with customers...
Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #3553
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Why does anyone care? The Multistrada ISN'T an offroad bike, never has been, never will be, was never marketed as one. Doesn't multistrada mean "many roads"? And that to me is paved roads, gravel roads and forestry roads. NOT two track or single track. And yes you can ride any damn bike you care to down any gravel road. I put a lot of gravel miles on my Kawasaki MeanStreak cruiser. Was it enjoyable? Not really. Add a few more inches of suspension travel and all of a sudden that road can be fun. That's the point, not whether the Multi will hang with a WR250 offroad.
I saw a very interesting bike lying on its side on one of the switchbacks on Cinnamon Pass and it turned out to be a brand new Pikes Peak. Guy ran out of momentum and fell straight over. Bike was very messed up. Plastic shit hanging off....
Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #3554
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,447
2013 bike.

http://www.moto.it/news/la-nuova-duc...1200-2013.html
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #3555
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
New/revised for 2013:

1. I had first heard of twin spark plugs. Not sure that is confirmed as a change, except that Ducati worked on making the motor more fluid. The latest on this department is that the injectors were repositioned.

2. New computer/software

3. New suspension. First I had heard of active suspension. Now the word is semi-active. It is supposed to adapt to the riding style or conditions of the ride.

4. New ABS, derived from the Panigale's, and allows for the exclusion of ABS intervention on the rear wheel, and variable response according to the selected driving mode.

5. New wind screen. Four attachment points and curved up on the top (as in the picture of the article sited above).

We will know more after the Bilbao's September 23rd date. Or at EICMA.

In summary, changes are evolutionary, and more on the technical side than on the style side of things.

Lion

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote