looks alot like this colour scheme
Old 09-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #3557
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
This is good, not a major change then, I'm still going ahead with a 2012 Multi and get the free acessories pack.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #3558
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,303
Rats

I was hoping they would de-beak it...

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #3559
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
This is good, not a major change then, I'm still going ahead with a 2012 Multi and get the free acessories pack.
Nice!
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #3560
Doug Pirahna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
I was hoping they would de-beak it...
#1, I just don't get it...and I own one. A few months ago I was sent an online survey by Ducati asking me to rate my Multi 1200 after 2 years, and what things I would like changed. I told them I love the bike, but ditch the beak! They didn't listen to me apparently.
Doug Pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #3561
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,603
Well my friends, the new shock did not fix the problem. The mechanic now thinks it's the wiring. Not sure how that got missed but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Wilson's is being as accommodating as possible. So news as it develops.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #3562
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
Well my friends, the new shock did not fix the problem. The mechanic now thinks it's the wiring. Not sure how that got missed but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Wilson's is being as accommodating as possible. So news as it develops.
had the same thing. When i took mine in they just wanted to change the shock. Ducati UK made them switch it out and then again with the ECU to eliminate which part was wrong. I believe the dealer just wanted to change both parts to save time. Turns out the shock was OK but they changed the ECU.
All is now well.

Good luck. At least it is not some "never heardof" problem that Ducati are not aware of. Should be perfect once they get it sorted.

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #3563
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer: 503
ash on bikes and hell for leather have lots of details on the 2013 MTS1200. Active suspension called 'skyhook', next gen motor, new models including a GT version, acccessroies, etc.
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #3564
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaan View Post
ash on bikes and hell for leather have lots of details on the 2013 MTS1200. Active suspension called 'skyhook', next gen motor, new models including a GT version, acccessroies, etc.
How about a link
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #3565
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
How about a link

Try this, for two pics and more links.

These developments probably deserve a new thread. But in Beasts or Road Warriors?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #3566
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,687
Thanks, mate.

'Strada should be in road warriors, imho.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #3567
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedScot View Post
had the same thing. When i took mine in they just wanted to change the shock. Ducati UK made them switch it out and then again with the ECU to eliminate which part was wrong. I believe the dealer just wanted to change both parts to save time. Turns out the shock was OK but they changed the ECU.
All is now well.

Good luck. At least it is not some "never heardof" problem that Ducati are not aware of. Should be perfect once they get it sorted.

DES error on my bike as well. Was in the shop exactly one full month. First thought it was the suspension ecu, then the other ecu, then the shock, then perhaps the wiring, ended up being the display dash. Me thinks they didn't have a clue, the shop or Ducati. Between this issue, the still noexistant rear brake after the replacement parts installed, and the clutch bleeding out overtime, this 20k bike is more problematic than my 1st gen Buell. That is saying alot, as that was the biggest POS ever produced. At least the Buell blew up and put itself out of its misery, lol.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #3568
Tubulchain
odaat, atgatt

Oddometer: 204

Wow just checked out the 2013 model.

Some changes but nothing major I would say. Sky hook suspension looks to me like Ohlins got to be a high cost of overhead for Ducati and Sachs sold them on something new they been working on. I bet its damn good, cant wait to try it.

Glad I got the Ohlins though.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #3569
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubulchain View Post
Wow just checked out the 2013 model.

Some changes but nothing major I would say. Sky hook suspension looks to me like Ohlins got to be a high cost of overhead for Ducati and Sachs sold them on something new they been working on. I bet its damn good, cant wait to try it.

Glad I got the Ohlins though.
i'm glad i got the Ohlins too in that i'm not into the "adaptive" side of things just yet, at least not for this motorcycle (maybe for a tourer). having said that, if it's WP or Sachs behind the manufacturing then the kit should be pretty good. as for the looks, the grey fork tubes look just ok to me.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #3570
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,565
Well, the modified motor for 2013 sounds great and the front-rear integrated ABS sounds great in theory if too complicated in practice.

The Skyhook suspension sounds horribly complicated in theory and practice, with sensors everywhere waiting to fail.

As for the quality of the new Sachs fork, check this video, from about 16 seconds in:

You can see the fork shunting the whole front of the bike up and down as it hits a few mid-corner bumps. Just what the Ohlins fork wouldn't do. (Well, this is very much speculation but it doesn't look good.)

BTW: for those interested, there is more detail on the new models here at moto.it. Doubtless other sites will follow shortly.

The low-down:

- twin-plug heads with re-aimed injectors give better combustion and 7Nm more torque. A Panigale-like air injector after the exhaust port helps clean up unburnt hydrocarbons (and presumably allows a slightly richer mixture at low speeds).

- three-stage ABS includes an enduro mode where the ABS function at the front turns off after a preset time in seconds (no info yet on the rear).

- the Skyhook suspension reads sensors on the lower triple, rear subframe, fork leg and swingarm, and takes in info from the Traction Control accelerometer. Parameters vary with the riding mode and load (solo, with pillion, etc) selected.

- LED headlamp.

- one-hand on-the-fly windscreen adjustment.

- progressive-rate rear spring.

- same instrument panel.

- no cruise control.

Non-S model uses same Marzocchi-Sachs suspension as currently.

I can see myself going for a 2013 Standard for the new motor and braking, and adding an Andreani fork kit and manual Ohlins TTX shock. (Or sticking with the Ducati I have, and adding something more explicitly tour-ey.)