ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #3616
Bullsnake
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Western Iowa
Oddometer: 84
What options are people using for lowering the pegs and controls? The Ducati factory option seems a bit steep, but I will go that route if it is the only option. Other than possibly lowering the pegs a bit I am absolutely in love with my Multi. Just picked it up a few months ago, and now with 3K on the clock it just gets better and better every time I ride it!
Bullsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #3617
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
NMEXPAT's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Houston
Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsnake View Post
What options are people using for lowering the pegs and controls? The Ducati factory option seems a bit steep, but I will go that route if it is the only option. Other than possibly lowering the pegs a bit I am absolutely in love with my Multi. Just picked it up a few months ago, and now with 3K on the clock it just gets better and better every time I ride it!
I believe I bought the SW mototech pegs from twisted throttle. They're about $150 and have two or three positions, low, normal and high. They are wider and have a removable rubber piece. They're a great buy and didn't require any other parts, as the shifter and brake can be adjusted accordingly.

I recommend them. No need to Spend $$$ on the DP performance ones.
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #3618
Bullsnake
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Western Iowa
Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post
I believe I bought the SW mototech pegs from twisted throttle. They're about $150 and have two or three positions, low, normal and high. They are wider and have a removable rubber piece. They're a great buy and didn't require any other parts, as the shifter and brake can be adjusted accordingly.

I recommend them. No need to Spend $$$ on the DP performance ones.
Thanks for the heads up! Ordering now!
Bullsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #3619
Craneguy
British Hooligan
 
Craneguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Muscat, Oman, Cuerna, Mexico, Houston, Tx
Oddometer: 1,026
New 2013 Multistrada Gran Turismo

OK, I'm officially in love. Anyone want to buy one of my kidneys? (I'll throw in a liver for free!)



More Info...
__________________
Young enough to think I can. Old enough to know I shouldn't. Stupid enough to do it anyway
'13 Duc Multi GT, '10 Vstrom 1k, '10 705cc KLR
Craneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #3620
KodiakRS
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Oddometer: 65
How are you tall people dealing with the wind screen buffet issues? I've tried just about everything with no success.
KodiakRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #3621
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer
 
Pampero's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 561
Just took my test ride

Very convincing. I'm glad I didn't blindly spring for a GS. Rode a Sport but would want a Touring, which they have. Like preaching to the choir, but forward thrust is intoxicating compared to a GS or my Capo.
The rest of the story is pretty nice too. I don't think I can hold out long against such force, but I'm going to give it a try in the interest of my pocket book, since I think things will only improve as autumn sets in.
I am being told that discounts on the 12s will be commencing shortly to make way for the 13s. There is also an '11 NOS on the floor in white that is being offered with a good discount. I'm not quite ready, sadly.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #3622
Ramv
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Ramv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Castle Rock, Co
Oddometer: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakRS View Post
How are you tall people dealing with the wind screen buffet issues? I've tried just about everything with no success.

MRA short screen. Solved the bufffeting and the rattling of the stock screen. The rattling was the worst, I couldn't ride below 30 mph without the screen 3/4 up in the adjustments with out hearing it over my Sena.

I am 6'2" so not really tall but taller than average.
__________________
'10 Multistrada 1200 Std ('11 - current) for sale
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post23383292

'07 Super Enduro 950
'96 KLX250R - kind of street legal
Ramv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #3623
Sideout
Noob Adventurer
 
Sideout's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 652
I had the same thing done. MRA sport screen did it for me. I am 6' tall.

KodiakRS, I have upgraded to Pikes Peak. But still have the MRA sport screen. So PM me if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramv View Post
MRA short screen. Solved the bufffeting and the rattling of the stock screen. The rattling was the worst, I couldn't ride below 30 mph without the screen 3/4 up in the adjustments with out hearing it over my Sena.

I am 6'2" so not really tall but taller than average.
__________________

Dum spiro spero



Sideout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #3624
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave
 
Sock Monkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
Oddometer: 1,915
3 little Ducs, all in a row......

Heading N/NW out of Sisters, OR on Sunday, Sept. 23rd on Hwy 20/128. 2 Sport/Touring, 1 PP. Anyone here?

-SM
__________________
aka NoVector
Current: 2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, 2008 Yamaha WR250R
Gone: Ducati Multistrada, Moto Guzzi Norge, BMW R1200GS, BMW F650 GS Dakar, KTM 520 EXC, Suzuki DRZ400E, and the list goes on.......
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #3625
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave
 
Sock Monkey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
Oddometer: 1,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post


I see some striking similarities (pun intended.... )



-SM
__________________
aka NoVector
Current: 2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, 2008 Yamaha WR250R
Gone: Ducati Multistrada, Moto Guzzi Norge, BMW R1200GS, BMW F650 GS Dakar, KTM 520 EXC, Suzuki DRZ400E, and the list goes on.......
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #3626
bobobob
badbadbad
 
bobobob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: On a hill
Oddometer: 4,703
Short review and a vid of the 2013 MTS 1200 S.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/103/14...irst-Ride.aspx

Nice explanation of Skyhook.

__________________
.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #3627
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bails's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Wollongong Australia
Oddometer: 395
Notice the front pannel fit is still bad. The big issue with this bike for me is wind noise, if they can fix this I reckon I could be a mark II buyer ?
__________________
If it has to Be then it's up to Me!
Bikes Multi Strada 1200 BMW GSA
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #3628
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels
 
Bryn1203's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Denial - UK
Oddometer: 1,811
Had a second test ride - this time as part of a Ducati roadshow that at the local dealer. Had a go on a Pikes Peak.

The MST is a great bike, I still love it but frankly too expensive and riding home thought how my Uly handles as well as the MST and is just as much fun on the back roads. I'd like to a do a roll-on comparison between the two bikes 50-100mph. The Uly would probably out gun the MST in some circumstances.

Gonna wait for the used MST's to come down in price and re think the options.
__________________
Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Get $5 off Smugmug - use this code NxRfLxbR5xhlE
Bryn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #3629
mfaoro
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: the Cascade foothills, WA USA
Oddometer: 29
I wonder if those driving lights will be available for the the 2010-12. Like those way better than any other I have seen.


Michael


Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
OK, I'm officially in love. Anyone want to buy one of my kidneys? (I'll throw in a liver for free!)



More Info...
__________________
'14 KTM Adv R
mfaoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #3630
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bails's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Wollongong Australia
Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn1203 View Post
Had a second test ride - this time as part of a Ducati roadshow that at the local dealer. Had a go on a Pikes Peak.

The MST is a great bike, I still love it but frankly too expensive and riding home thought how my Uly handles as well as the MST and is just as much fun on the back roads. I'd like to a do a roll-on comparison between the two bikes 50-100mph. The Uly would probably out gun the MST in some circumstances.

Gonna wait for the used MST's to come down in price and re think the options.
As an ex XB12X owner I would agree with your sentiments as per handling. The roll on would see the XB left in the MTS exhaust fog ! Depending what you want in a bike I'd give the MTS a higher score in the following:-

Better brakes with ABS
Better engine
Better Gearbox
Better lights
Better lugguage

Perhaps a few more areas but that would be about it , The XB was a better Wheelie machine for me , to terrified MTS will get away from me.
__________________
If it has to Be then it's up to Me!
Bikes Multi Strada 1200 BMW GSA
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014