Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #3661
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
And yes, congrats on your impending GS(A?) Oalvarez. Are you getting the fully loaded version (ESA w/ modes, Cruise, etc)? If so, let's hope BMW has done a thorough job of testing all of these new technologies.....

-SM
Thanks Sock, but a small deposit is all that is on the line right now, it really will come down to a visual inspection and more importantly a ride . All indications are that it will be a much different and improved motorcycle, and one that should close the performance gap between it and the Multi. I am after BMW's design/engineering, along with fit and finish, coupled with the sporting aspect of the Multistrada. If BMW is successful in marrying those, then it will be a winner in my book . As for the options group, the bikes will most likely come fully optioned or close to (cruise, esa, heated grips, etc) like most dealers do today. I'm not a big fan of ESA, but so many others are, so i'll accept mine with and switch over to Ohlins (as I did on my last GS) if it's not to my liking. I don't know how the bikes are being outfitted in terms of the wheel choices, i'm sure that's been answered somewhere around here. "Hearing you" on the testing of the electronics and new technologies but it's my belief/opinion that BMW would have done a better job in doing so than the likes of a competing bike manufacturer did with their new bike release back in 2010 .

Time will tell,
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #3662
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
Back on Topic here's mine

Enough with the GSs already! If it's pics or it didn't happen, then here's mine resting at home after today's signatures:
I know this has been done before, but today's my day to be a proud papa. No matter how many times you do this, it's always a kick taking it off the lot for the first time, smell of fresh paint and new motorcycle lingering in your nose. And it smells great!

Always liked the looks of these...........

And all shiny as she is, this is starting to look quite good to me as well.

Great fun riding home, even honoring the break in red line, she has plenty of steam in the engine room.
(Red key has already gone missing......what's with that?)
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #3663
TuonoBiker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
She's a beauty!! Congrats!!

Nothing like the smell of new bike in the garage...wish it lingered much longer than it does. Oh well...

Enjoy!!

'07 Tuono Factory - gone but not forgotten
TuonoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #3664
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoBiker View Post
She's a beauty!! Congrats!!

Nothing like the smell of new bike in the garage...wish it lingered much longer than it does. Oh well...

Enjoy!!

Thanks! I'm over the moon with her. DId I say that already? See the guy on the rock up there in the upper right corner? Go'on . Scroll up! That'll never be me! How'd he get that thing up there? My lips chap just looking at him and I don't want what he's having for dinner!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #3665
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
Enough with the GSs already! If it's pics or it didn't happen, then here's mine resting at home after today's signatures:
I know this has been done before, but today's my day to be a proud papa. No matter how many times you do this, it's always a kick taking it off the lot for the first time, smell of fresh paint and new motorcycle lingering in your nose. And it smells great!

Great fun riding home, even honoring the break in red line, she has plenty of steam in the engine room.
Congratulations, as good as GS's are and I am a fan of them, I'd rather look at a mutly any day so thanks for posting, a little over 2 weeks to go until I get to ride mine
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #3666
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
Congratulations, as good as GS's are and I am a fan of them, I'd rather look at a mutly any day so thanks for posting, a little over 2 weeks to go until I get to ride mine
You must be pacing in ever decreasing circles! I will ride today and be back tonight to discuss things (on four forums) that everybody knows already!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #3667
Tubulchain
odaat, atgatt

Oddometer: 195
Full Termi

Yo Play-ya's!

Does the full Termignoni burn the pannier? Gonna sell the KLR and get the better sound and shittier gas mileage! Unless the pannier gets cooked. Seriously, tell me thats not gonna happen.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #3668
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,491
It does not, but it does melt the side reflector on the license plate bracket.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #3669
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,353
Has anyone ever seen a Pikes Peak with saddlebags mounted ?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #3670
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

You all know this stuff, but

I put 175 miles on today, the start of my new affair. Guys around here will know the area and roads around Duvall, Carnation and Fall City and that's where I chose to play. I need to get the suspension set up down for me but it works pretty well out of the box if this adipose adventurer uses the stock set up for rider and passenger. I observed Ducati's break in strictures and still had enough power to satisfy myself and enjoy frequent blasts into the lurid zone.

It does have the low speed lean surge and wooden rear brake of legend. The rear brake is....you know. It might help keep you straight or help prevent a stoppie under hard braking; that's about it. Maybe it will wear in better or maybe I've already glazed it. The front binders are excellent; really excellent. I never cycled the ABS. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough.
But you know, what a ride! People come up to you when you are parked (you all know this) and stare at the bike, make comments about how shiny, how beautiful, how they are going to buy one (usually a Diavel) and so on. It's funny because I didn't buy the Multi based on looks, though it is getting better looking to me all the time. Red works great!

I think it's brilliant. I felt empowered and imperiously superior, probably disgustingly so. How can the new GS match it at the game I played today? I'm not even sure about the forthcoming KTM (my probable pick as most likely direct competitor) as it weighs by spec almost 40 KG more, that would be 85 pounds or so. Yet I'm sure I can tour it long distance. The panniers, which look great, are of course a PITA to use. The closures are fussy and they feel flimsy. I bought the top box, which is not mounted yet, and I hear that's better. I think my first accessory will be a decent tank bag so I can pull off the luggage and only use it when I am traveling. What are you people doing for this? My old Marsee magnetic bag is now useless, what a drag! Of all the things I like about the last generation motorcycles, metal tanks are close to top of the list.

Still nothing I have owned performs better or has ever felt more completely unified and capable as the Multistrada. It is a great package. I chose wisely!

Pampero screwed with this post 10-06-2012 at 09:59 PM
Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #3671
patiodadio
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Has anyone ever seen a Pikes Peak with saddlebags mounted ?
Yes, I have a picture of a Pikes Peak with white side cases and it looks great. I don't have a online photo deal to be able to post the picture here yet. I'll work on getting the pic on here......
Old 10-07-2012, 05:47 AM   #3672
patiodadio
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 348
Quote:

Congrats, I am envious !
patiodadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #3673
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by patiodadio View Post
Yes, I have a picture of a Pikes Peak with white side cases and it looks great. I don't have a online photo deal to be able to post the picture here yet. I'll work on getting the pic on here......
Sometimes copy and paste works, would appreciate the pics..Thanks.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #3674
ducpiss
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Pikes Peak with panniers
adventureswithgreg.blogspot.com
Old 10-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #3675
anonny
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 5,440
Quote:
my first accessory will be a decent tank bag

I bucked up for the Multistrada tankbag this summer and think it's great, people think it's too tall and looks awkward but for me (I do mainly distance touring) it's awesome.

71- 450 Honda CL re & re

Just another pathetic sheep following the herd

anonny is online now   Reply With Quote