Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #3736
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,918
Heads up for Dr Greg - Cruise Control for MTS12!!!

Doc,

If I'm reading this right, here's your cruise control that you've been after:

DUCATI TUNEBOY WiFi KIT
Mitsubishi ECU's, this includes the WiFi TuneBoy box and adapter cable, Flash software and one Cruise control only key, This is everything you need to add Cruise control to your Ducati Multistrada 1200, This does not provide any tuning option, it also does not support the nudge up/down buttons as the O2 sensors are still active
$399.00

Find more info here: http://www.tuneboy.com.au/buy.html

You're welcome.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #3737
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
coolant recall

any one here have any info about the coolant recall? I've heard non official banter that something in the coolant of some of the batches of bikes was causing problems and ducati is now recommending a different coolant. I haven't heard anything officially from ducati. I thought I would check here, before I check with the dealer, who often seem like the last to know.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #3738
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
any one here have any info about the coolant recall? I've heard non official banter that something in the coolant of some of the batches of bikes was causing problems and ducati is now recommending a different coolant. I haven't heard anything officially from ducati. I thought I would check here, before I check with the dealer, who often seem like the last to know.
Check out this link for info on this topic:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/216-2010...ad-update.html

-SM
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #3739
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Thanks for the tip. Might have to invest in some.
Don't know if you have seen this yet paul? http://mts1200.info/mts12_faq/multis...1200_wings.htm

I'm waiting to see if these become available soon as they work better without the spacers it seems. I think I'll go for a shorter screen and wings if I can.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #3740
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,131
Thanks!

Hey, thanks SM. That's gotta be Wayne's stuff from over on Ducati.ms. Looks like he finally got it "marketed."

Now gotta think about how much I really want it...

--Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Doc,

If I'm reading this right, here's your cruise control that you've been after:

DUCATI TUNEBOY WiFi KIT
Mitsubishi ECU's, this includes the WiFi TuneBoy box and adapter cable, Flash software and one Cruise control only key, This is everything you need to add Cruise control to your Ducati Multistrada 1200, This does not provide any tuning option, it also does not support the nudge up/down buttons as the O2 sensors are still active
$399.00

Find more info here: http://www.tuneboy.com.au/buy.html

You're welcome.

-SM
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #3741
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post

Now gotta think about how much I really want it...

--Doc
HERESY!!!!!

After all the bitter complaining you did on this topic, you're now duty-bound to get this.

All kidding aside, I think the guys at TuneBoy did a fantastic job with this. It's integrated into the Start switch similar to how the factory heated grips operate, and alternatively you can use an external "nudge" switch, but at higher cost (but with the added benefit of a custom mapped ECU for smoother running).

Overall, they seem to have done what Ducati should have done from the start.

-SM
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #3742
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
Don't know if you have seen this yet paul? http://mts1200.info/mts12_faq/multis...1200_wings.htm

I'm waiting to see if these become available soon as they work better without the spacers it seems. I think I'll go for a shorter screen and wings if I can.
I do like the look of the short Puig screen. Like you - i'll ride the bike first to see if there is an issue. There's also the Palmer Products screen adaptor to consider.

Less than 24 hours for me now..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #3743
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,131
OK, ok, I'll order one!

Yes, you're right. I'll definitely be ordering it soon.

However, note that the "Start" switch is the one that acted up in the rain during my recent trip. Heated grips went crazy; bike "started itself" as soon as I flipped the "red" switch... yes, it dried out after a day (and didn't act up again in the rain), but that would probably have affected the cruise control as well.

Not confidence-inspiring. But I'll try the cruise control anyway.

--Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
HERESY!!!!!

After all the bitter complaining you did on this topic, you're now duty-bound to get this.

All kidding aside, I think the guys at TuneBoy did a fantastic job with this. It's integrated into the Start switch similar to how the factory heated grips operate, and alternatively you can use an external "nudge" switch, but at higher cost (but with the added benefit of a custom mapped ECU for smoother running).

Overall, they seem to have done what Ducati should have done from the start.

-SM
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #3744
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post
Yes, you're right. I'll definitely be ordering it soon.

However, note that the "Start" switch is the one that acted up in the rain during my recent trip. Heated grips went crazy; bike "started itself" as soon as I flipped the "red" switch... yes, it dried out after a day (and didn't act up again in the rain), but that would probably have affected the cruise control as well.

Not confidence-inspiring. But I'll try the cruise control anyway.

--Doc
LOL!

If you're concerned about using the Start switch, it looks like for a bit more $$$ you can go with an aftermarket switch (the TrailTech one looks perfect!) and also get a fully optimized ECU (100% editable maps vs. 60%, wideband O2 sensor, etc). Come on, you know you want the whole enchilada......

-SM
Old 10-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #3745
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Got it. Only did a paltry 60 miles due to running out of time - but it's one special machine. Got to be a contender for ultimate urban weapon..

http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/us...10178.jpg.html
Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #3746
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Talking

Quote:
Got it. Only did a paltry 60 miles due to running out of time - but it's one special machine. Got to be a contender for ultimate urban weapon..

Lubly jubbly paul. Picking mine up in the morning . Did you get the free extra's with your deal? Top box etc?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #3747
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
So with regard to this - there is a recall out to exchange the coolant on the bikes. It supposedly only affects bikes after 10,000 miles. Mine is an early 2010 and apparently it's on the list. I've got about 29000 miles and haven't had any issues but I'm going to have the dealer do the 30k service and change the coolant out and have a look at it to make sure the "old" coolant hasn't caused any problems. Apparently it's corroding out the heads. Any of you FF with early model or higher mileage bikes may want to check with your dealer.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #3748
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:

Nice, damkik! I still resist, hold out for the 13.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #3749
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
Lubly jubbly paul. Picking mine up in the morning . Did you get the free extra's with your deal? Top box etc?
Yup. Top box, touring screen and satnav. Hope you had more sleep than i've had the last 2 days..
Old 10-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #3750
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yup. Top box, touring screen and satnav. Hope you had more sleep than i've had the last 2 days..
. No not much sleep at all. It started raining 10 minutes after setting off too. But bloody hell is this a cracking bike. I was pleased to find out it came with heated grips as the temp dropped to 7c. I'd forgotten what it was like to ride in the rain and cold . But I still had a lot of fun. Managed 50 miles before giving in and going in to dry off.
Question to all. Did you find the gearbox very notchy to start with ? Mine is particularly bad between 2nd to 3rd.

We Catch the ferry to Spain on Sunday then home to Portugal. It'll be due the first service when I get there. Hoping its dry all the way.