Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #4756
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 38,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion BR View Post
Where I bought mine they not only gave me the box with the rear fender and the front fender extender, they advised me to have them installed.

did you send them the bill to have that done?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #4757
Scoisgreat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Desmobob wrote:
Quote:
I had the same exact issue. When I picked up my bike I got no front fender extender or the larger rear. It wasn't until I was reading the manual that I read about them and called the dealer to ask. At first they were cagey about it, then they miraculously they showed up with a box with my VIN written right on it. Seems like a common dealer "oversight", but at least anyone thinking about purchasing one who reads this will know to watch out for it.

Desmo - When I got mine they showed me the front & back extender fenders and I asked them to install the front one & they did , also got a spare key cylinder for a top box and if I choose to buy one and a new Battery tender thrown in for free . Weird how people have different experiences at the same dealership .
Scoisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #4758
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 238
Hy Sco - sounds like you got a better deal than me! Tim must like you!!

RE: the Puig short, apparently there are 2 models - the 6373H with the "bumps" and the other one. I am looking to try a short screen since I am freakishly big - 6'-7" so wondering if you guys have any advice or thoughts on which one would be better for me?? To bump or not to bump, that is the question...

Thx in advance...

DD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #4759
Dewtwo
old trail rider!

Oddometer: 60
I'm Lucky!

My dealer is only 2 miles from my home. The owner, and most employees are old buddies.
I happened to be there when the truck with my new crated 2012 Multi showed from a different dealer 165 miles away(Nov. 3).
So, I got to be around to uncrate, prep. & go through the boxes of stuff!
(mounted the fenders)
That was cool!
AND,...... I got an outstanding deal on the bike!
A white s touring

Dewtwo screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 05:32 AM
Dewtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #4760
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightar View Post
RE: My 13 S Touring didn't come with a fender extender, nor did it come with gas in the tank, or an explanation of the controls and features. Basically, it was give us your money, here's the keys, have a nice ride home, and read the owners manual. When they installed the Granturismo windscreen they tried to keep the stock one...didn't even offer it to me. I had to ask them where my screen was. The service department had it boxed up and on the reserve parts shelf. They assumed I didn't want it because I'd bought a new one.

I won't ever buy another bike from my this dealer (he owns two of the three dealers here locally)....luckilly, I do have another dealer available.

The bike is great though...just the owner/GM of the dealership I used is an a$$hat.
Enjoy the bike. Congratulations. It's a great ride.

They owe you the extensions and you have every right to demand them but maybe it's just as well never to see them again, though that would be the best course after they give you what you paid for. They're probably used to that though.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #4761
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoisgreat View Post
Flightar - It certainly is a fact that not all dealers are created equal , you should demand fender extenders and anything else that was supposed to come with your new expensive bike , that kind of crap is bullshit and should be reported to Ducati in Italy ,or at the very least Ducati North America . You have a right to everything you paid for . By the way CONGRATS on your new bike
My thoughts exactly.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #4762
Scoisgreat
Adventurer

Quote:
Desmodab wrote

I am freakishly big - 6'-7"

Desmo - you ARE one big Canuck , glad to see this bike works for you .

Scoisgreat screwed with this post 04-09-2013 at 04:42 AM
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #4763
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Yes, the Multistrada is more comfortable for me than my DL100 V-Strom was. Great bike, love it, love it, love it.

DD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #4764
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
I wonder if he has really long arms and is covered in shaggy fur and hangs out in remote areas of Canuckistan.......

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #4765
expatbrit
Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Hy Sco - sounds like you got a better deal than me! Tim must like you!!

RE: the Puig short, apparently there are 2 models - the 6373H with the "bumps" and the other one. I am looking to try a short screen since I am freakishly big - 6'-7" so wondering if you guys have any advice or thoughts on which one would be better for me?? To bump or not to bump, that is the question...

Thx in advance...

DD
I'm running the short Puig; I didn't know there were two models. Weren't when I got mine. I'm your height, so it's not freakish. :)

Generally have it cranked all the way down, and it's nice. Not much buffeting, as quiet as the Mutley seems to get. Popped it all the way up when i failed to pack enough layers for the night run back down NM550 on Saturday; still pretty reasonable.

Nice windscreen. Looks good. Think they've fixed the fit. I had a light smoke, it didn't fit, swapped it out for a dark smoke that I don't like the look of as much but not spending $100 on my vanity right now!!

Pretty sure I have the 'bumpless' one -- I can't even find the bumpy one on Puig's WWW site...
expatbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #4766
expatbrit

Quote:
I still don't think 6'7 is freakishly tall. It's merely average for me.

I'm pretty sure that Christopher Lee said that anyone under 6' was a dwarf, anyway. :)
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #4767
expatbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
I wonder if he has really long arms and is covered in shaggy fur and hangs out in remote areas of Canuckistan.......

-SM
Heightist Propoganda!!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #4768
Scoisgreat
Adventurer

Quote:
expatbrit said

I'm pretty sure that Christopher Lee said that anyone under 6' was a dwarf, anyway. :)

Glad I made it out of dwarf status at 6 ft and 1/2'' , yes I,m counting the 1/2''
Old 04-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #4769
Scoisgreat
Adventurer

Eh?

Quote:
Sock Monkey wrote

hangs out in remote areas of Canuckistan.......
I believe only on weekends , when he may find a sasqautch Biatch at the local shaggy hair pub.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #4770
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,306
Touch up Paint

Getting ready to buy some red Ducati touchup paint from Colorite but it recommends also buying a clear coat too. My bike does not look like it has a clear coat. Am I seeing things ?