Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #4876
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
Using stock screen (gt screen is 4" taller than the 13 mts touring.)

I'm 6' 2" and on the highway with screen all the way up I didn't experience anything I consider significant buffeting, also did a good job of channeling most of the rain away from me. I'd guess my eyes are probably about 3" or so above the top of the windscreen, this is about where I ran my goldwing screen.

With the screen fully down, you do get buffeting, but doesn't seem to be a big deal for me. Course my other short distance touring bike is my 2010 duc streetfighter since I bought in 2009. So I may not be the best judge of how buffeting is.
Good to know...I'm the same height. Is the GT screen really 4" taller than the touring screen? I thought the specs indicated it was only about an inch taller and maybe a few inches wider.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #4877
zvez
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
good question, but I thought the duc guy at the show said four inches, I didn't really compare tho to touring. The handlebars on the gt are slightly higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Good to know...I'm the same height. Is the GT screen really 4" taller than the touring screen? I thought the specs indicated it was only about an inch taller and maybe a few inches wider.
zvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #4878
zvez
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Just checked ducati website, it appears it's 35mm difference between the touring and GT windscreens.
zvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #4879
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
Just checked ducati website, it appears it's 35mm difference between the touring and GT windscreens.
That sounds more like it...with the width about twice that as I recall. I do like the tinting of the GT shield though.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #4880
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Hey Gang,

I have seen someone address the best / only way to reattach the front mudguard to the front fender but can't find it now.

I am replacing the stock front fender with a carbon fiber front and am having a bitch of a time reattaching the front mudguard piece to the front fender. Does anyone have any tricks for this ?

Thanks,
It's a PITA. There are no tricks that I am aware of but it helps if you can get the bike on a lift as doing it on your back on the garage floor doubles the pain.
Pampero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #4881
Gorilla King
Dobar Skorz!

Oddometer: 39,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
It's a PITA. There are no tricks that I am aware of but it helps if you can get the bike on a lift as doing it on your back on the garage floor doubles the pain.
Pay the neighbor's kid twenty bucks to do it.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #4882
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla King View Post
Pay the neighbor's kid twenty bucks to do it.
Is installing that front fender extender a must do? ie. should I have the dealer do it at delivery? I'm in SoCal and don't ride in the rain much so do I need it?

thanks,
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #4883
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
It does prevent a lot of crap getting thrown up on the front cylinder and the front of the rad.
It's a standard fit part here in the U.K. Can't think why...
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #4884
t-bills
mcs are dangerous

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Is installing that front fender extender a must do? ie. should I have the dealer do it at delivery? I'm in SoCal and don't ride in the rain much so do I need it?

thanks,
Get the dealer to put it on. It isn't like it weighs much. Nor does it change the looks of the bike. It is a pain in the ass to put on. Have the dealer do it prior to taking delivery.
t-bills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #4885
EJ_92606
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bills View Post
Get the dealer to put it on. It isn't like it weighs much. Nor does it change the looks of the bike. It is a pain in the ass to put on. Have the dealer do it prior to taking delivery.
Thanks, sounds like a good idea.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #4886
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Hey Gang,

I have seen someone address the best / only way to reattach the front mudguard to the front fender but can't find it now.

I am replacing the stock front fender with a carbon fiber front and am having a bitch of a time reattaching the front mudguard piece to the front fender. Does anyone have any tricks for this ?

Thanks,
Removing the front wheel would probably help.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #4887
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 10,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by deWog View Post
Frasers (Sydney) organised a ride up to Wiseman's ferry and beyond. Had a great turnout with over 30 Multis (and one new Hyper); mostly hotted-up Ohlins-models, but a good half-dozen of the '13 models. Met up with some top blokes, both old and new. Pace was quick, and fortunately no cops on the fun bits. Man some of you guys go hard. It was a struggle to keep up; a year of injury and not riding has really wrecked what (limited) abilities I had as a rider. found myself over-thinking corners, chopping throttle on-and-off midway through a corner, holding the bars like grim death........arrrgggghhhh!!....

After the first coffee stop I re-assessed it all. Had to remind myself that I've done this lots before (relax my arms, look around the corner, smooth roll-on of the throttle...) had a better time in the second stage and could mostly keep up. Need to get back on track......literally.

Great ride, top blokes. Epic bike. Is there a collective term for a group of Multis?

Quote of the day (Multi-rider's Motto): "C'mon fellas, let's go chase down some R1's..!"
Damn, I wanna hear that black one!! Probably ride it too!
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:29 AM   #4888
deWog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Yeah that exhaust was ferocious!

- had to take my hat off the the owner, he rode it like he was in the Isle of Man TT. Fearless.

Was talking to him a bit and he regaled how he was once up to 7 bikes in his garage. But as time went on he realised he kept coming back to one bike each time he hit the road.........the Multi.

Now he is down to two: his race bike (A Honda 1000RR), and his beloved Multi. Nothing else matters i guess....
deWog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #4889
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
Looks like he has Carbon wheels on it. Impressive. Must turn like a 250..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #4890
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 594
Quote:
Thanks, sounds like a good idea.
Install a radiator guard as well as the front extension. Cheap insurance.

You can do the rad guard yourself in a few minutes, but the dealer should do you the favor and install the fender extension. It is a PITA even for them, but they at least have done it before. The brake's crossover tube is what makes the job irritating.
Pampero is online now   Reply With Quote