Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #4921
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Oddometer: 7,561
Can you guys with a 1200 try something? Put your bars full lock to the right and check the throttle cables and brake line for pinching/damage against the upper triple and that gold cast piece under the clocks. Ive found more than a few bikes with damage to these cables/lines due to poor routing or too short cable length.

Thanks

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
biggziff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #4922
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
Final push!.

Diagnostic tool for Mitsubishi ECU's - MTS1200, Diavel and Panigale:

Ok we're almost there but for the R&D work to be completed sooner rather than later you need to show your interest by sending an email....

Contact Us :: TechnoResearch Inc
;)
Hey Andy - long time no talk.

I registered with them and sent a comment. Thx for posting and hope all is well again with your leg.

desmodab
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #4923
Flightar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
Can you guys with a 1200 try something? Put your bars full lock to the right and check the throttle cables and brake line for pinching/damage against the upper triple and that gold cast piece under the clocks. Ive found more than a few bikes with damage to these cables/lines due to poor routing or too short cable length.

Thanks
Yes, the cables do pinch but only the clutch, turn signal, switch pod, and heated grip cables for the left grip. But I have actually reach full lock for them to do so. That said, I can't imagine too many situations where that would be commonplace.
Flightar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #4924
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightar View Post
Yes, the cables do pinch but only the clutch, turn signal, switch pod, and heated grip cables for the left grip. But I have actually reach full lock for them to do so. That said, I can't imagine too many situations where that would be commonplace.
On my 13 the throttle cables and front brake line pinch. The brake line actually has damage on the sheath. I've found many others with similar issues.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 05-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #4925
andyw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Hey Andy - long time no talk.

I registered with them and sent a comment. Thx for posting and hope all is well again with your leg.

desmodab
Yes, I'm not sure of the definitive reason but I got out the habit of the forums for a few months there....the bug has started to take hold again now though! lol
Leg is pretty good thanks....last op was actually on my foot this time (just before Xmas) and I've started feeling the benefits now. Should be back on the bike any day now......complete with new titanium bits lol

To keep momentum ;-) ....... DIAGNOSTIC / SERVICE TOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw View Post
Final push!

Ok we're almost there but for the R&D work to be completed sooner rather than later you need to show your interest by sending an email....

Help me give Technoresearch R&D a push; we just need more people writing in directly asking about the new tool, to show R&D and management that the tool has a market, real market and that people will purchase it; Technoresearch have recorded 50 people that have joined the mailing list plus maybe another 25 from general/sales inquiry through their website apparently, regarding the Mitsubishi tool, this, from all around the world.....so we need more ;-)

If it’s only that amount of people, R&D will not push forward at the pace they should.

Their website has a contact tab, it can be used in General Inquiry or Sales Inquiry or Technical Support.

Either under the Sales > Direct tab or Support > Contact

Contact Us :: TechnoResearch Inc
andyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #4926
Urban Toreador
Banned

Oddometer: 56
Does anyone know of an online tutorial of how to setup my front forks? I'm wondering the screws on the top of the forks. Do I turn them in one direction to a stopping point and then turn them back equally to my preference; to ensure they are set equally? Thanks for any help or advice. I'm 5'10 210# BTW. I like to ride fairly aggressively but I also do some in town riding and quite a bit of freeway. I typically keep the bike in touring mode but will go to sport in the country. Obviously my suspension is not the electric version. I'm running the stock Pirellis
Urban Toreador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #4927
biggziff
Funk Soul Bruvah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Toreador View Post
Does anyone know of an online tutorial of how to setup my front forks? I'm wondering the screws on the top of the forks. Do I turn them in one direction to a stopping point and then turn them back equally to my preference; to ensure they are set equally? Thanks for any help or advice. I'm 5'10 210# BTW. I like to ride fairly aggressively but I also do some in town riding and quite a bit of freeway. I typically keep the bike in touring mode but will go to sport in the country. Obviously my suspension is not the electric version. I'm running the stock Pirellis
Try asking on ducati.ms in the multi forum.

- Otto von Bismarck

<><
Old 05-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #4928
Urban Toreador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggziff View Post
Try asking on ducati.ms in the multi forum.
Thanks Ziff. I'll check that site out.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #4929
Urban Toreador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
I have been looking at this bike for a couple of months..... But I just can't get past the 17" front. It just looks wrong. Would look so much better with a 19" front.
I bought the bike for the horsepower but the 17" inch wheel was also a factor. There is no reason to put a 19" wheel on the GS. Those Woody's 21 inch conversions are ridiculously clown like (I don't say colossal waste of money because I don't tell others how to spend their cheese). I have owned an 1150 and 1200gs. The turn in of the Duc with the 17" is far superior imo. Now if the MTS had a paralever it would be the finest bike ever made.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #4930
spartanman
regret minimizer

Oddometer: 936
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg View Post
I use the Laminar Lip. I'm roughly your size (a little shorter) and it virtually eliminates buffeting. Some don't like the appearance, but I'm an engineer and form follows function, right?

--Doc
+1 on the Laminar Lip. It's much quieter than the stock screen alone. No more buffeting. I also want to say Andy at Laminar is a great guy. The LL I originally purchased didn't fit properly. The screen radius of curvature was much less than that of the LL. I called Andy and he suggested I return the LL and, if possible, my screen. Apparently there are two different screen designs with the same part number on 2010 MTSs. A few days later I received a perfectly fitting LL, extra attachment locks, a hardware kit, a check that more than covered shipping, and a thank you letter.
spartanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #4931
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanman View Post
+1 on the Laminar Lip. It's much quieter than the stock screen alone. No more buffeting. I also want to say Andy at Laminar is a great guy. The LL I originally purchased didn't fit properly. The screen radius of curvature was much less than that of the LL. I called Andy and he suggested I return the LL and, if possible, my screen. Apparently there are two different screen designs with the same part number on 2010 MTSs. A few days later I received a perfectly fitting LL, extra attachment locks, a hardware kit, a check that more than covered shipping, and a thank you letter.
Glad that it's working well for you, and I obviously agree. It's interesting that when I purchased the (second) Laminar Lip for my (second) MTS1200 (first one totaled on hoarfrost, remember?)...anyway, the LL I received didn't fit at all correctly. Like you said, the curvature was wrong. I kept trying but...my first one fit perfectly, what could it be?

Turns out (like you) it was the wrong one. Quickly replaced and I'm still a happy camper

I also use a LL on the Uly.

--Doc
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #4932
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,441
Really impressed with the Michelin PR3's. Loads of confidence and feedback. They really should fit them as standard.
Paulvt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #4933
vellies
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Really impressed with the Michelin PR3's. Loads of confidence and feedback. They really should fit them as standard.
Fitted them to my last 2 bikes, cannot wait for the Pirellis to wear out so I can get PR3s on the Multi, should be awesome. But the Pirellis are not bad enough to just replace before they wear out.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #4934
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,085
We don't have rain here so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
We don't have rain here, so I use the PR2's. I got over 11,000 miles out of the last rear, and half that was loaded touring. Definitely my first choice.

--Doc

PS. These days "long life" trumps "confidence and feedback" for me

PPS. Um, that's both for me and the bike
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #4935
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 240
+1 on the PR3s. I found my scorpion trails were done at 7000km/4300 miles, so although I liked the feel of them, I need something that will last longer. I put PR3s on my Multi and have 4000km on them so far with no sign of wear yet, so I'm quite pleased. Performance wise they are very good. I am very happy with them.

Regarding airflow and laminar lips, I did something similar, but I installed a similar product from Wunderlich (great name huh, but it's real!). It's actually on their BMW R1200GS page, but fits the stock multi just fine. Here's a link:

http://www.wunderlichsf.com/Merchant...Code=R1200GS-X

It's very well made, installs in about 5 mins, is widely adjustable and has made a huge difference for me. Being 6'-7" nothing is designed for a giraffe riding a bike so I was able to use this on my stock screen in lowest position to direct the wash up and over my helmet. Much better now. I'll see if I can find a picture of it on my bike.

Hope it helps,

DD.
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote