Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #5086
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
Ahhh - thx Bigziff.

Pampero - no, I tried it but it actually had a stutter in 2nd gear so I loaded the Dynojet stock map and configured it for the o2 analyzer (by putting 8s in the closed loop area of the map under 5250 RPM)

Now I need to do 2 things, all suggestions/help welcome:

1. Adjust it for a K&N Filter. I have the stock exhaust (for now) but put a K&N in as soon as I got the bike. Not sure exactly what to change - reading up on it but anyone who has any advice is appreciated

2. Ask Dynojet about the o2 analyzer. I see it is no longer available on their website for the MTS1200 (it is for the 848 but not the Multi...). I'd like to know why. The o2 analyzer aims for an AFR of 13.6 which a good (and very smart) friend suggests is too rich and may damage my catalytic converter. I'm not sure so am planning to call Dynojet. Again, any advice is welcome.

ride safe guys,

DD
Been out of town and without access. Sorry, can't help with the O2 sensor question, but I would think the K&N would not be a major change despite the advertising to the contrary. At a certain point getting the AF ratios spot on requires some dyno work or you'll be just guessing. My bike actually runs a bit rich below 4000 RPM based on the measured run we did. I know that flies in the face of convention, but that's what the measurements came back as. I've already posted the run here so won't do it again, but getting the Af ratios dialed really is a job for the dyno. It's one of the reasons I decided to let sleeping dogs lie and not go forward with a PCV.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #5087
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 254
I agree Pampero, I think that's the only way to really be sure. Maybe I'll ride down to where you are and have it done there... I ink I read the shop who did yours was great?!

D
Old 06-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #5088
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post
I agree Pampero, I think that's the only way to really be sure. Maybe I'll ride down to where you are and have it done there... I ink I read the shop who did yours was great?!

D

Two Wheel Dyno Works

Certified for PC, excellent and reasonable. If you make an appointment, let me know and I'll see if I can't meet you there. PM me if you need a place to stay.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #5089
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,140
Spam..... But anyone need a Backrest for the MTS???

PM me
Old 06-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #5090
robxxx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I'm looking to buy a Multi in the next few months, but, I need to get the width down to 900mm or less. Have any of you guys changed the bars for narrower ones?
robxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #5091
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robxxx View Post
I'm looking to buy a Multi in the next few months, but, I need to get the width down to 900mm or less. Have any of you guys changed the bars for narrower ones?
I haven't done it and unless you have a specific issue (if I recall, you might have had access problems squeezing the bike into a confined space?) I don't reckon it's a very common modification, but it can be accomplished. Check with Pro Taper or Renthal to see what they have that might work. Here's a link to Andy W's page showing a bar replacement.

And some instructions on the process.

You'll find your answer in the link.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #5092
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 694
Quote:

just cut the stock bars down to the size you need

I didn't do it (I like the wide bars) but its been done
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #5093
robxxx
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.0 View Post
just cut the stock bars down to the size you need

I didn't do it (I like the wide bars) but its been done
Looks like you can only trim about 1" off each side as a max, otherwise the controls foul the tank and the screen.

Thanks Pampero, I spotted a link to that on a multistrada forum. And yes I do have an access problem.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #5094
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Looks like you can only trim about 1" off each side as a max, otherwise the controls foul the tank and the screen.

Thanks Pampero, I spotted a link to that on a multistrada forum. And yes I do have an access problem.
I don't know as it hasn't been an issue raised before, but perhaps a combination of bar choice, risers, bend, and judicious screen choice might yield the results you seek. Or, a chisel taken to the fence post at just the right spot? That would be the easiest solution!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #5095
robxxx
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
........ Or, a chisel taken to the fence post at just the right spot? That would be the easiest solution!
I wish it was that simple. Its a passageway between two terraced houses. So twenty odd feet of brickwork to deal with. My neighbors might have something to say if i start chopping bricks out!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #5096
deWog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Hmmm......even if you did get those bars down to the requisite length, it's going to be a bitch fight from hell trying to manouvre the Multi down that access with you and the bike abreast....might want to rethink the whole parking situation....chain to a pole and use a bike cover perhaps....?
deWog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #5097
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
I wish it was that simple. Its a passageway between two terraced houses. So twenty odd feet of brickwork to deal with. My neighbors might have something to say if i start chopping bricks out!
A Pikes Peak style screen might help with the control interference issues. Some people prefer them anyway though it compromises wind protection.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #5098
robxxx
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deWog View Post
Hmmm......even if you did get those bars down to the requisite length, it's going to be a bitch fight from hell trying to manouvre the Multi down that access with you and the bike abreast....might want to rethink the whole parking situation....chain to a pole and use a bike cover perhaps....?
My Triumph Tiger fits down a treat but with a little room to spare, and with all due respect I don't want to be leaving a 15+K bike on the street, even if it is covered and locked. If I had my way I would park it in the front room.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #5099
zvez
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
fyi, the 13 GT has one inch spacers on the handlebars, using those might raise them allowing you to cut a bit more off the ends of the bars??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I don't know as it hasn't been an issue raised before, but perhaps a combination of bar choice, risers, bend, and judicious screen choice might yield the results you seek. Or, a chisel taken to the fence post at just the right spot? That would be the easiest solution!
zvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #5100
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
fyi, the 13 GT has one inch spacers on the handlebars, using those might raise them allowing you to cut a bit more off the ends of the bars??
True, but might require lengthening cables

EJ_92606 screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 03:39 PM
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote