Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 05:19 AM   #5446
M0t0Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 206
My 2010 did not have the Expanding tank the 3yrs I owned it.

Its available if your looking to buy.... CycleTrader

The only mods were Tires, Handgrips, DynoJet fuel box and a GPS mount. Fuel box is still in my possession.
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #5447
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I haven't posted very much in the past few months for a variety of reasons.

I'm loving my manual Ohlins setup. This should have been an option from the get go for us non-techies.

I've had the expanding fuel tank and spinning nut problems. All take care of with the original Ducati warranty. Only problem is reduced ride time.

It appears my 2010 base MTS has the "porous" head issue on the horizontal cylinder. She's in the shop and in the process of making a claim.

I bought the EverRed warranty, so technically I'm covered. However, insurance compaines always make me nervous.

Hopefully, I'll have good news to report soon.
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #5448
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMEXPAT View Post
I haven't posted very much in the past few months for a variety of reasons.

I'm loving my manual Ohlins setup. This should have been an option from the get go for us non-techies.

I've had the expanding fuel tank and spinning nut problems. All take care of with the original Ducati warranty. Only problem is reduced ride time.

It appears my 2010 base MTS has the "porous" head issue on the horizontal cylinder. She's in the shop and in the process of making a claim.

I bought the EverRed warranty, so technically I'm covered. However, insurance compaines always make me nervous.

Hopefully, I'll have good news to report soon.
I had zero issues with my EverRed warranty. With it, the dealer treated it like the original factory warranty, just 5 years long vs 2. They handled everything so to me it was totally seamless. Let's hope your dealer does the same, as that's the way the EverRed was intended to work.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #5449
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubilado View Post

This one is from Gadget Guy and has worked well. It wasn't the most inexpensive option, but is well made and everything fits nicely. There were two bar options, I chose the longer of the two and mounted the radar detector along side. At least I know where I am when I get a ticket
What length did you get for the mounting bolts?
Cost for the Gadget Bar?

Dave In Valencia
Old 02-11-2014, 05:42 AM   #5450
hubilado
Motoquiero

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizoku View Post
What length did you get for the mounting bolts?
Cost for the Gadget Bar?

Dave In Valencia
I don't recall the bolt length, but I think they came with the kit. If not, at least where you are, it would be easy to access the bolts you need to raise the bar to the height you want for the mount you want to use. You can check the Gadget Guy's web site for details and costs.
hubilado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #5451
PAFarkle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
WANTED Stock Windshield

Hey ya'll,
I am hoping to find a stock windshield for my 2011 MTS 1200. I have something I would like to try but don't want to risk ruining mine if it doesn't work out. I know lots of people have swapped them out for after market. Hoping someone is ready to get rid of their old one that just takes up space. Thanks
PAFarkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #5452
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
I had zero issues with my EverRed warranty. With it, the dealer treated it like the original factory warranty, just 5 years long vs 2. They handled everything so to me it was totally seamless. Let's hope your dealer does the same, as that's the way the EverRed was intended to work.

-SM
I got a call from the dealer. EverRed is covering the replacement of the horizontal cylinder. I wouldn't call my experience "seamless". It was a process. I'll be very happy when she's back in my garage and I can resume riding. My attitude needs adjusting.
NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #5453
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
low end surging best fix best options

This is the year I'm going to take care of it. Over on Ducati forums, I find them to be a bit too optimistic about some of the stuff out there. So I'm asking here.

The dealer here leans towards full termi, I lean towards saving two grand. The demo bike I rode had the termi. It had a dead spot in the throttle that once found, I couldn't un-find. Plus, I have read that the mapping can be hit or miss with the ECU. Any one have issues with it?

I really hate to add another computer, but the power commander seems the way to go for flexibility. Has any one had issues with it? And which one do you like best?

I think it was tune boy, or some such. It used scotch locks to tap the wires. So that is completely out.

Basically looking for reliability/ride ability. Not so much huge performance or sound gains. So school me up. What's working and whats not, now that it's been out for some time now (early posts on this were still in the early days of a fix for this, which is why I am asking).

Thanks

Save lives. Legalize lane sharing.

Cow eyes don't glow.
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #5454
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,411
Full exhaust+PCV+AT (dual ch)+dyno mapping = Bliss.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #5455
zvez
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
the fueling is closed loop so many people who fit the termis still have teh flat spot issue.

The dead/flat spot you described, is it at low rpms, that's typically where it is, my streetfighter had the worse flat spot out there.

You could try the fatducs, I had them on my SF, but they're just a bandaid and the flat spot can still come back.

Couple ways to approach, you could get a custom map by Doug Lofgren (he worked wonders on streetfighters), a lot of people suggest sending your injectors to him the same time you send the ecu to have them matched. This is the one really good fix that seems to work across the board.

Tuneboy is the other option. I seem to recall this worked for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batoutoflahonda View Post
This is the year I'm going to take care of it. Over on Ducati forums, I find them to be a bit too optimistic about some of the stuff out there. So I'm asking here.

The dealer here leans towards full termi, I lean towards saving two grand. The demo bike I rode had the termi. It had a dead spot in the throttle that once found, I couldn't un-find. Plus, I have read that the mapping can be hit or miss with the ECU. Any one have issues with it?

I really hate to add another computer, but the power commander seems the way to go for flexibility. Has any one had issues with it? And which one do you like best?

I think it was tune boy, or some such. It used scotch locks to tap the wires. So that is completely out.

Basically looking for reliability/ride ability. Not so much huge performance or sound gains. So school me up. What's working and whats not, now that it's been out for some time now (early posts on this were still in the early days of a fix for this, which is why I am asking).

Thanks

13 Dookahti mts GT
zvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #5456
zvez
Adventurer

the streetfighter was plagued with some of the worst fueling of any duc in the modern era, consequently LOTS AND LOTS of things tried to improve it.

I've attached a couple links of solutions used, these can for the most part translate over to the MTS.

tuneboy info:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/138-stre...5-tuneboy.html

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/138-stre...-purchase.html

multiple tries

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/138-stre...sollution.html

fatducs:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/138-stre...installed.html I found this personally to be a temp fix at best.

13 Dookahti mts GT
Old 02-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #5457
marcf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Seat - Need Comfort - Recommendations?

Folks,

I tried the search function but kept getting errors - so I'll ask the question:

Any recommendations for a more comfortable seat for a 2013 or 2014 Multistrada? I find the stock seat to be hard as a rock and painful on those two bones we seem to rest most of our sitting weight on - not the tailbone (I wish I knew what they are called).

What have you guys tried out there???

Thanks
Old 02-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #5458
Shizoku
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcf View Post
Folks,

Any recommendations for a more comfortable seat for a 2013 or 2014 Multistrada? I find the stock seat to be hard as a rock and painful on those two bones we seem to rest most of our sitting weight on - not the tailbone (I wish I knew what they are called).

Thanks
A couple years ago I was readying for a 10 day trip up to Oregon and back down PCH with the wife. She made me buy a set of the Alaskan Sheepskin seat covers. I was like no frickin way am I putting on these things...well long story short...I bought a set and I'll never take em off. They are incredible!!! AND a lot cheaper than another seat.

Dave In Valencia
Old 03-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #5459
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Thanks for that info on the termi. And on the other tries. There is a guy here in Seattle that some guys from work use. He uses ECU Unleashed, going to give him a call next week and see what happens. I'll get back with updates.

http://2wheeldynoworks.com/ducati-2/

Also, found some galfer greens for the rear brake I'm going to give a go and see if I can better use of the rear brake. P/N GLFBPD59 1532 series. Let ya know on those too.

As for the seat, I had one made at Rich's in Seattle. Ain't cheap, but very good all day comfort. He actually studied body mechanics and has good idea on what causes discomfort with seats. I would recommend finding some one near you who knows what they are doing, not just stuffing foam in and recovering it. Every dual sport I have had was very uncomfortable compared to the sport bikes I've owned. Mostly because most of your weight is on your butt, and not spread out between your legs, arms and wind. So I have found in the long run, you are better off getting it done right, rather than waste money trying to find the right seat.

Save lives. Legalize lane sharing.

Cow eyes don't glow.

batoutoflahonda screwed with this post 03-01-2014 at 12:11 AM
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:33 AM   #5460
zvez
Adventurer

Ducati does make a comfort seat for the bike, don't know if it's enough difference for you.

Rich's is well known for doing magic with seats, I sent him a seat and he did a great job and couldn't tell from factory in looks.

http://www.richscustomseats.com/

You submit an online questionaire to him, he calls you and asks a bunch of questions and you send the seat to him. It's a bit expensive but he can do magic..
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcf View Post
Folks,

Thanks

13 Dookahti mts GT