Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #751
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpooch00
That's pretty damn cheap alright.

Is that $17,500 for the bike with the premium package with bag mounts, ASC, ABS, TPM, ESA, heated grips, on board computer etc? That's what the 2010 for $20,940 would have on it.
I understand that is the 2009 GSA with premium package. I think it included the bag mounts but not sure. If business was a bit better I considered trading my 07 in and eating about $6,500. Oh, it had the enduro trans too.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #752
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalRob
I understand that is the 2009 GSA with premium package. I think it included the bag mounts but not sure. If business was a bit better I considered trading my 07 in and eating about $6,500. Oh, it had the enduro trans too.
Yeah, the premium package came with the bag mounts too. That's a heck of a good deal for that bike for sure!
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #753
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,070
While the 09/10 BMW GS news is certainly exciting on this Ducati thread , I'm hoping our California inmates will post lot's of photos of the 1200 Multistrada at the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, running today through Sunday !!!

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #754
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL
While the 09/10 BMW GS news is certainly exciting on this Ducati thread , I'm hoping our California inmates will post lot's of photos of the 1200 Multistrada at the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, running today through Sunday !!!

996DL
Me too. I'm pretty sure that I've seen every pic that's currently available on the web and I'm ready for some new ones.

I think that the Beemerco seriously screwed it by not having their adventure models available to order at the same time the Multis were. They had to have lost some, maybe quite a lot, of sales because of that. I would think that with the world economy in the shape it's in, every sale would count for expensive toys like these.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #755
krampus
get lost

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
...I'm hoping our California inmates will post lot's of photos of the 1200 Multistrada...
Many can, even if they can't make the show.

It's Friday...this past week you've neglected your job duties and your wife hasn't been entirely happy with you because you've squandered your time on YouTube looking for all the latest videos on the new Multi.

You've been lying there in bed, bent on wiskey and IPA, in the twilight of consciousness and concern...visions of you and your gal tearing up the coast on the new Multi...

You're very hansome, your riding skills are a unique blend of Rossi and Rahier, and she thinks the world of you because your impeccable taste in motorcycles.

...I digress. Get off your ass, check with your local Ducati dealer, the new Multi will be making the rounds to select shops.

"I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me."
H.S. Thompson
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #756
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

I sat on the new Multi last night at the Long Beach show. Exceptional bike IMO. Great ergos, great fit & finish. Looks good in person.

However, if dirt is you goal, I think the mirrors & handguards (which have integrated turn signals) would all need to be replaced, the rear tail light / license plate mount & turn signals would all snap off in the wrong fall. Also, I don't think a dirt rider will want the sport version (with all the carbon fiber).

Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #757
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,243
Quote:
I sat on the new Multi last night at the Long Beach show. Exceptional bike IMO. Great ergos, great fit & finish. Looks good in person.

However, if dirt is you goal, I think the mirrors & handguards (which have integrated turn signals) would all need to be replaced, the rear tail light / license plate mount & turn signals would all snap off in the wrong fall. Also, I don't think a dirt rider will want the sport version (with all the carbon fiber).
If dirt is the goal the 485 lb. wet weight is a bigger issue than the mirrors and hand guards IMHO.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #758
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

That's kinda what I was thinking too about dropping the bike. But just from the pics, it looks to me like even a minor get off could potentially do very serious damage to the plastic body panels and other parts that could result in 4-digit repair bills.

Also, you're totally right about taking the sport version in the dirt. Damaging those CF parts would make it even worse if it got dropped.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #759
earthroamer
Stuck in Pindadesh

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse
If dirt is the goal the 485 lb. wet weight is a bigger issue than the mirrors and hand guards IMHO.
Uhh, kinda like a certain shaftdrivepig?

The hand turn signals in the hand guards are a concern for me (as if I could actually buy one). First thing comes to mind is that I use HippoHands when it's cold.
earthroamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:50 AM   #760
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthroamer
Uhh, kinda like a certain shaftdrivepig?

The hand turn signals in the hand guards are a concern for me (as if I could actually buy one). First thing comes to mind is that I use HippoHands when it's cold.
Exactly like a certain shaftdrive pig.

The BMW or the Moto Guzzi?
Old 12-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #761
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Knowing Ducati, I don't think you would get out for less than $500 for one mirror and one handguard. My BMW has cost me a total of $12 after about 15 or more drops. Then we get into the body panels & tail assemby on the Multi.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #762
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,070
Quote:
Nice to hear the 1200 Multistrada was available to "fit test." Was it just one example openly available to the public, on the floor of the Long Beach show ? Previous reports have it roped off and rotating with super models...
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #763
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Nice to hear the 1200 Multistrada was available to "fit test." Was it just one example openly available to the public, on the floor of the Long Beach show ? Previous reports have it roped off and rotating with super models...
On a podium but you could go up to it and sit on it and make MC noises - all between the Ducati fashion show of course (complete with a Mr. Robitic male model rider), but will say the Ducati girls were not sporting more than the minimum plastic content and hence pretty pleasing to the eye.

Old 12-06-2009, 02:19 AM   #764
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking

Quote:
On a podium but you could go up to it and sit on it and make MC noises - all between the Ducati fashion show of course (complete with a Mr. Robitic male model rider), but will say the Ducati girls were not sporting more than the minimum plastic content and hence pretty pleasing to the eye.
So where are the damn pics?? The ones involving minimal plastic?!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #765
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 884
Lots of talk about the LB show...and bikes...and girls...but no pics..
Gary
Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is - the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Winston Churchill
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote