Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #841
bmwhd
God Bless Texas

Oddometer: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpooch00
The fuel mileage is addressed in some of the Ducati descriptive pages a
Also, does any other vehicle manufacturer require inspections based on monthly intervals regardless of mileage? Maybe some do, but I can't think of any.
Many BMW's do. They have both time and mileage based maintenance tasks.

'78 R80/7
'06 FJR1300A

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, be of good cheer, for they are out there and we are in here!" - Robert Culp, attributed by Hugh Hefner as the official slogan of the Playboy Mansion
bmwhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #842
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhd
Many BMW's do. They have both time and mileage based maintenance tasks.
Annual, not monthly! Pretty much all bike have an annual requirement.

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #843
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcannava
Why would chain drive kill it for you? I'm a relative newbie so I'm looking to learn :)

Motocrossers are all chain drives...made specifically for dirt...links are sealed...chain is serviceable/replaceable....

Mat
We BMW guys are so stuck on low-maintenance shafts (but sometimes SHAFT WOES) that it's likely a common complaint. I know I'm not going to love chain lube, but heck, there are some plusses to it as you mention it. And, chain-wax et al makes easy work of it I'm sure.

Frankly, I'm damn excited about adding something other than a BMW to my collection. The MS looks cool as hell!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #844
Dracothius
Berserker

Oddometer: 229

I meant this jump. I mean this is a decent size jump. If you look at were he launched from , it is fairly close to were your gs picture is at. If you have some custom protection bits made I bet you could save the plastics. Maybe someone will even make stuff for it. I mean yea the gs already has stuff especially if you buy the adventure, but I bet you could make it keep up off road. Just put some different tires on it and see what happens.
Dracothius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #845
YamaLink
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
But are they attached to a sober Harley rider?? Funny comment by you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalRob
I've seen Harleys jumped bigger than that.
YamaLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #846
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaLink
But are they attached to a sober Harley rider?? Funny comment by you!
I was gonna site Evel Knievel, but since you put the "sober" stipulation on it, I guess he's out - since he usually had a stiff belt of whiskey before most of his really hellacious jump attempts.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #847
airjammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 275
Got it

Thanks for the material....If you need me, I'll be under that rock.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #848
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative

Oddometer: 1,205
Okay, now that we got that cleared up, go in and put your deposit down. Take it out and ride it slow and on sundays, call me when it has 2000 miles on it before you list on CL. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #849
krampus
get lost

Oddometer: 541
Thumb I sat on the new Multi tonight

Sneak preview went swimingly...really nice turn out.

The bike looks and feels fantastic!

My wife wanted to make sure you all got the best view...

***Important note! If this hadn't been made clear, the factory presets can be changed for the suspension and DTC so that your custom settings will be remembered...COOL!***

"I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me."
H.S. Thompson

krampus screwed with this post 12-16-2009 at 10:31 PM
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:11 AM   #850
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus
The bike looks and feels fantastic!

***Important note! If this hadn't been made clear, the factory presets can be changed for the suspension and DTC so that your custom settings will be remembered...COOL!***
Thanks for taking the time and effort to allow us a further glimpse and additional info on the 1200 Multi, too few at the recent show or at selected dealers have bothered... Nice to have a high horsepower tourer available without four cylinders, shaft drive and weights aproaching 700lbs etc., definitely an interesting/exciting contender !

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:36 AM   #851
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Not Sure Why?

Seems this motorcycle invoking lots and lots of interest in we BMW owners (and others as well).

The only bad news as far as I'm concerned is the wait. Multiple replies, plus an offhand comment at the BMW/Ducati/Triumph dealership in Daytona Beach, sort of confirms that we may not see this bike until April or May 2010. But then again, often the expectation is better than the realization!

Heck, if bikes are to be evaluated by the 'lovely creatures' that Ducati seems to surround their bikes, the MS1200 should be the greatest!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #852
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,574

The bike looks kind of smaller than I expected. How tall are you?

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 AM   #853
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar
Seems this motorcycle invoking lots and lots of interest in we BMW owners (and others as well).

The only bad news as far as I'm concerned is the wait. Multiple replies, plus an offhand comment at the BMW/Ducati/Triumph dealership in Daytona Beach, sort of confirms that we may not see this bike until April or May 2010. But then again, often the expectation is better than the realization!

Heck, if bikes are to be evaluated by the 'lovely creatures' that Ducati seems to surround their bikes, the MS1200 should be the greatest!
A Denver area BMW dealer sales guy and also the sales manager at a different dealership have both told me that a customer spec-ed 2010 GSA may not be available for delivery till June or maybe as late as July! They don't think that they'll even be able to place an order for one till March or April. To me, considering the interest in these new Multis, that marketing strategy is totally nuts.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:19 AM   #854
jpalamar
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpooch00
A Denver area BMW dealer sales guy and also the sales manager at a different dealership have both told me that a customer spec-ed 2010 GSA may not be available for delivery till June or maybe as late as July! They don't think that they'll even be able to place an order for one till March or April. To me, considering the interest in these new Multis, that marketing strategy is totally nuts.
I have an HP2Sport and the 133 hp on it is of course eclipsed by the S1000RR. But, don't think I'm going to hop on the DOHC bandwagon for the GS/GS Adv/RT anytime soon. Seems the current hexhead pretty reliable since its inception and not that much more, from what I've read, that the DOHC is going to offer the boxer models. IMO the late intro of the GS's not going to matter much UNLESS there are NO GS's/Adventures available. But who knows???But, doubt if the average BMW loyalist (I've been loyal until now ) going to flock to the MS. But, still, BMW marches to a drummer that no one understands.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #855
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus

krampus,

first, thanks for the pix.

Second, this is the first place I've seen that important note made clear. It is still not quite clear - but it appears you are saying the four ride 'modes' can be rider customised and the settings remembered. So that you can, e.g., fiddle with the suspension settings for the 'Touring' mode, get what you want, then save them so that henceforth when you hit 'Touring' you'll get your custom settings.

Can you confirm? And where did the info come from - everything I've seen posted previously even from enthusiastic Ducati dealers was vague on this point.
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote