Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #931
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn1203

I'm trying to convince myself you understand, stay with me

What's the going price for selling your blood plasma these days?

I will have to say that they seem like very nice bikes and I'm tempted to revise the household budget and to see about getting one myself.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #932
capt_enduro
tool whore

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked'em
i fell in ove with this bike yesterday when i saw it at the motorcycle show in s.c. its very nice. wish i was rich
Yep - I sat on that bike at the show. That's a sick, nasty little bike, and I mean that in a good way. Too bad it was too cold for demo rides.

If they're really going after the GS, then they should have left enough room under those fenders for some TKC80's or such.

As for the cost of service, that might pale in comparison to fines I'd rack up on this hooligan bike (Bua ha ha ha!)

'09 BMW F800GS
'09 Kawasaki KLX250S
'05 Yamaha TTR230
capt_enduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #933
edge2edge
Evil Scotsman

Oddometer: 181
I love Ducati's!!! I had a very long term ST3 and it was an impressive bike in all aspects except maintenance. Although I was quoted fairly reasonable rates, it cost $1200-$1500 when valves needed adjustment. Needless to say I eventually sold the bike, which still makes me sad because other than that it was awesome.

So either learn to do the valves yourself (not easy) or live with the expensive Ducati maintenance. For me it was too much...

The new MultiStrada sure does look cool though!
edge2edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #934
wrecked'em
satisfied enzyte user

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Rich ? - with respect, you need to be rich to buy a Rolls Royce or Bentley - but a Multistrada ? I appreciate its hard times but even so.

The basic version of the MTS is going for about 10K in the UK, thats $16K ish I think. Not cheap but within the common mans reach - one day, if not today.

I'm trying to convince myself you understand, stay with me
wel no you can get a rolls cheap.
now a jet plane you need to be rich.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #935
Loggiebone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_enduro
If they're really going after the GS, then they should have left enough room under those fenders for some TKC80's or such.
I saw (and sat on) the M/S in Greenville as well. It's an pressive bike but it's far less of an offroader than even the GS. Sorry...love my GSA but it's a pig off road so other stuff gets dirty. If Duc were serious about it being an off road machine they wouldn't have stuck a 17" front wheel on it.

I'm thinking about dumping the GSA for the M/S just because of the power. I'm constantly wishing for more hp on the GSA. But, there were a few things to think about on the M/S: A very narrow windshield, the pipes come out behind and below the right bag so it may fry the bag. Also, nobody knows the alternator output so being able to drive two full sets of Gerbings is a question and no idea about available space for electronic stuff under the seats and fairings...minimal, I'm sure.

Oh...two other small points, this bike (sport) had a very comfortable and wide seat, much better than the GSA and it was easy to flatfoot even on the stand.

I like the bike well enough that I'll give it a serious test when demos are available!
Loggiebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #936
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked'em
wel no you can get a rolls cheap.
now a jet plane you need to be rich.
Good point. So we agree, rich people have jets and new Rollers. The average Joe can justify a Multistrada. Shirley Ducati do 0% finance It would be wrong not too

At least my Ulys valves adjust themselves even if it hasn't got 150 bhp. I'm gonna hunt down the first MST 1200 on me ol Buell and out torque it, just because I'm jealous - I did it to a mates 1198R on a 1996 S1 Buell
Bryn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #937
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
What's the going price for selling your blood plasma these days?

I will have to say that they seem like very nice bikes and I'm tempted to revise the household budget and to see about getting one myself.
you owe one to yourself for your great jokes........... hope you don't mind me pasteing in a few here

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Life is sexually transmitted.
Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Bryn1203 screwed with this post 01-11-2010 at 02:08 PM
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #938
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:
Good point. So we agree, rich people have jets and new Rollers. The average Joe can justify a Multistrada. Shirley Ducati do 0% finance It would be wrong not too

At least my Ulys valves adjust themselves even if it hasn't got 150 bhp. I'm gonna hunt down the first MST 1200 on me ol Buell and out torque it, just because I'm jealous - I did it to a mates 1198R on a 1996 S1 Buell
Shirley Ducati?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #939
jpooch00
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse
Shirley Ducati?
Now that's just WRONG!!
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the poster and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else on this or any other forum - nor any other person from any country, planet, galaxy or universe - so don't get yer drawers in a bunch.
jpooch00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #940
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Shirley Ducati do 0% finance

I see another round of bailouts on the horizon, but who gives a flying flip, as long as you can keep your Italian bike out of the hands of the repo dude.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #941
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse
Shirley Ducati?
... you bit - "and don't call me shirley" - airplane, the movie..... victory is mine buhahahah
Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #942
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungStunt
Beautiful... I cant wait!

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #943
Graemsay
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Manchester Ducati had the only Multistrada in the UK sitting in their showroom over last weekend, and I thought that it'd be rude not to take a look.

I'd expected the bike to be slightly larger than a Hypermotard, but it was much bigger. From memory, I'd say it's like a chunkier F800GS. The upside of that is it fits tall people - I'm around 6'2" or 6'3", and found it a comfortable size.

It didn't feel as light as I expected, so I'm wondering if the quoted weights are a touch optimistic.

The white colour is closer to silver.

There seems to be quite a backlog of orders building up. The dealer had something like 27 on their books, and was quoting June or July for delivery.

So would I buy one?

I'm looking for a do everything machine. Prior to the announcement of the Multistrada I was thinking BMW K1300R or S, and maybe the R1200S. So in a sense the Ducati is coming from the same direction, but from an Enduro angle. So it's not quite what I'm after, but tempted nonetheless.

If they'd come out with a Sport Tourer then I'd have been even more interested. If they build one that looked like the Sport Classic 1000S then...

The big question marks for me would be how reliable will the electronics be. It might actually be prudent to wait for a year to give others the opportunity to pay to be beta testers.

That, and I want to see just how many internal organs insurance is going to cost too.

Edited to add: The bike is doing a tour of UK dealerships over the next few months. More here.

http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatiuk/ev...?eventId=28783
Graemsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #944
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,468
I'd love one but that price is a big one.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #945
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson
I'd love one but that price is a big one.
I'd love one too. But anything more expensive than a banana will have to wait
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote