ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #31
icebox
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,033
Bozangeles

Guess saying hello from West Yellowstone in't quite cool enough, or maybe just to f------ cold. Kinda like the Gallatin Co. commisioners, for folks from Bozone West doesn't exist. maybe another time.
icebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #32
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Ice I'll welcome you tho I am new here too. West is fine in my book and would love to get my Wee through the park before snow. Havent met/ridden with other Boz doods but hope I will soon. Beer and brats at Putts sounds good if I wanst out of town in D.C. until next week. Duke
MTDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #33
icebox
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks

Thanks, Had a wee all this year, just sold it, will miss it for some rides. The season in and around West is almost over, weatherman says snow up high this weekend, hope to get down south one more trip this year. Maybe New Mexico. If you are ever down this way I am easy to find, work to damn much, but always a cold one stashed some where. Some great rides south of here into Idaho, another valley south of Red Rocks on the west side of Harrimman has hundreds of miles of dirt. Some cool geological cinder cones, big country out there. Hope to meet you some day.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #34
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebox
Guess saying hello from West Yellowstone in't quite cool enough,
Oh ho ho ho! Sory dude, been a busy week, so a belated welcome to you.

And West Yellowstone is definately cool ... about 15 degrees cooler than Bozeman, minimum.

Stop by anytime, mate!

Hiya Duke, I'll be out of town next week, but winter is coming soon and there'll be nothing to do but beer and brats and bullshit ... unless there's some productive wrenching in your winter. So I'm sure we'll have a chance to get together.

BTW, Paul showed tonight and I was treated to a spin around the block piloting is Ural. Oh. what . fun!

Maybe we can have a Halloween bash and wear our riding gear to beg for candy around the neighborhood.

OTOH, that's far too much trouble when beer and brats are cheap and easy at my place. What I'd really like to do is shoot up to Helena and talk Cheap Ryder into loaning me some of his cool motorcycly videos to play as background stupidity.

Anyway, see you guys around. Here's to a couple more weekends of rides for all of us in our own sweet way.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #35
icebox
Beastly Adventurer

cold

Been in West for thirty seven years, since college and a high lottery number, draft that is. It is easy to have a chip about Bozo, watched it grow for a long time.Watched the county collect alchohol and gas tax money and do shit down here, then build jogging paths on 191 at Pig Sty. Actually West is about twice as cold as Bozo, if you count in degree days. Nobody down here rides anything but Harleys.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #36
L-Train
Dirt......Good.

Oddometer: 181
Sunday Ride Planning

Hey dudes,

So I go out pretty much every sunday for at least a few hours of tooling around on the KLR, and i figure i should at least extend the invitation to anyone else who wants to go. I always forget about posting on here till I am out there, usually cuz I don't even plan it for myself, but every Sunday it seems to keep happening! Today I rallied up Sixteen Mile Rd towards Ringling. What a great ride that is!

Of course it will be totallly raining and snowing next sunday and we will get bagged, but it's worth a try. Let me know if you want to be on board.

later
L Train
L-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #37
mt hwy
Bill

Oddometer: 2
Kind of new, and old, here, too. Would log on then not visit the site for a year, forget username and pw, sign up again, etc. I will try to stay on board this time. Thanks Tyll for putting this thread together, a friend of mine from Denver told me about it! Hello to all, and to West too, me formerly being a machinist. My free time has been spent in the woods lately not on the KLR but with bow and arrow in hand. So, maybe see some of you this year, if not seems like we could put some real good rides and trips together next year. Maybe catch you on a Sunday sometime. Thanks.

Bill
mt hwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #38
sproutxj
Bikeless..ok with it

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Train
Of course it will be totallly raining and snowing next sunday and we will get bagged, but it's worth a try. Let me know if you want to be on board.
If the weather holds next weekend, I am definitely on board for a ride.
sproutxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #39
Stillupright
Make my day

Oddometer: 298
I'll second the sentiment Tyll, thank you for starting a thread for Bozeman riders. I've been working out of Montana quite a bit this year, and the work seems to coincide with the rides and get togethers. Now that the weather is turning I'll be around more - ain't that the way it often happens

A brat-beer-video meet would be good. I've got Ned's Dual Sport DVD I can bring if needed
Stillupright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #40
L-Train
Dirt......Good.

Anyone wanna Shred in the Snow????

I am going to go find some dirt to play in this weekend no matter what. Anyone wanna come along?
Dress warm!

LTrain
Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #41
sproutxj
Bikeless..ok with it

Quote:
I am going to go find some dirt to play in this weekend no matter what. Anyone wanna come along?
Dress warm!

LTrain

I just had the week from hell, so I am definitely in for getting out for some cold weather riding. Saturday is better for me but I can do Sunday if necessary.

Brad

sproutxj screwed with this post 10-10-2008 at 05:55 PM
Old 10-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #42
sproutxj
Bikeless..ok with it

Tyll and I have a ride in the works tomorrow. Forecast is 65 and partly sunny. I'm treating it as the last nice weekend day of the season....so I will be pleasantly surprised if it's not. Any interested parties?
Old 10-17-2008, 11:49 AM   #43
L-Train
Dirt......Good.

interested party

yeah i am interested, where are you thinking of going?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #44
sproutxj
Bikeless..ok with it

Quote:
yeah i am interested, where are you thinking of going?
We're still discussing details. We'll let you know. Although you left me hanging last weekend, so I may give you some disinformation.

In all seriousness, I have not been in the Bozeman area during this time of year so I'm not sure what's a go and what's a no go. Any suggestions? I'm sure Tyll will come back with some thoughts.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #45
L-Train
Dirt......Good.

sorry about last weekend, super snow storm squashed my plans. if it was rainy......

how long you guys wanna go for? half day or full day are my general categories.