Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #46
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 471
Orders being taken on webshop now........

We made the crash bars available for order today.
Ive put a lead time of four weeks until dispatch , hopefully we'll be able to get them sent out sooner, but ive put this on in case a high volume of orders puts us on the back foot.

Get em here!

Its important to note that buyers from outside the EU will not be charged UK VAT at 17.5%. This is included in our prices on most shop pages, to see the price excluding VAT look in the actual product detail pages where both prices are shown.
The Shopping Basket will show the price including VAT until you login or enter delivery details at checkout, it will then take the VAT off the goods(but not shipping as there isnt any on that...)
This makes all our products cheap(-ish) at the moment on top of the pound crashing against the dollar, so cash in while you can! For instance, check the current pricing on Kriega ...

Hppy Shopping

Chris
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 AM   #47
twuelfing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky
We made the crash bars available for order today.
Ive put a lead time of four weeks until dispatch , hopefully we'll be able to get them sent out sooner, but ive put this on in case a high volume of orders puts us on the back foot.

Get em here!

Its important to note that buyers from outside the EU will not be charged UK VAT at 17.5%. This is included in our prices on most shop pages, to see the price excluding VAT look in the actual product detail pages where both prices are shown.
The Shopping Basket will show the price including VAT until you login or enter delivery details at checkout, it will then take the VAT off the goods(but not shipping as there isnt any on that...)
This makes all our products cheap(-ish) at the moment on top of the pound crashing against the dollar, so cash in while you can! For instance, check the current pricing on Kriega ...

Hppy Shopping

Chris
I ordered mine last night, the page said 2 days for delivery via DHL. Is this accurate for a shipment to the united states? Also you said 4 weeks for shipment. Does this mean there are none waiting to be shipped? Or will the first orders see their bars sooner?
twuelfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 AM   #48
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Order and delivery time......

The bars will be dispatched within 4 weeks of order, when they are dispatched it will be with a 2 day DHL service. This is actually the cheapest way we can send them currently, through a freight agent we've been using.
Hope this helps

chris
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 10-27-2008, 05:56 AM   #49
rajelus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Crashbars

Thanks Chris!

Just ordered them. Looking forward to getting them on the bike!
rajelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #50
twuelfing
Adventurer

Quote:
The bars will be dispatched within 4 weeks of order, when they are dispatched it will be with a 2 day DHL service. This is actually the cheapest way we can send them currently, through a freight agent we've been using.
Hope this helps

chris
I appreciate the fast response, but I am not sure I understand the answer to my question.
Are there bars currently ready to ship? Meaning will the early orders ship in the next few days?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #51
wonky OP
Team F5 !

No bars currently ready to ship.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by twuelfing
I appreciate the fast response, but I am not sure I understand the answer to my question.
Are there bars currently ready to ship? Meaning will the early orders ship in the next few days?
No bars will ship in the next few days

There are currently no finished sets of bars. We have a batch of twenty five on the go but these will definately not go out until end of next week at the absolute earliest.

chris

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 10-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #52
KROWBAR
KROWBAR

Oddometer: 15
Sorry to sound like a dumbass. I visited the website. Are the crashbars for the F800GS only or will they fit the F650GS twin? Does not state explicitly that they work on the F650GS twin.

What does the product options drop down box do? Does it show F800GS vs. F650GS stuff or does it affect what crash bars you order?

Same question for the bash plate. Will it work on an F650GS. I assume I need to order the BMW mounting kit.

Is the bashplate steel or aluminum?

Great looking stuff BTW!

Thanks in advance.

KROWBAR screwed with this post 10-27-2008 at 02:55 PM
KROWBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #53
wonky OP
Team F5 !

F650/f800gs .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROWBAR
Sorry to sound like a dumbass. I visited the website. Are the crashbars for the F800GS only or will they fit the F650GS twin? Does not state explicitly that they work on the F650GS twin.

What does the product options drop down box do? Does it show F800GS vs. F650GS stuff or does it affect what crash bars you order?

Same question for the bash plate. Will it work on an F650GS. I assume I need to order the BMW mounting kit.

Is the bashplate steel or aluminum?

Great looking stuff BTW!

Thanks in advance.
Crash bars are the same, we just wanted to know what bikes people were ordering them for. Having a test fit on 650gs this week all being well, should be fine, just need to check how much extra clearance between bars and rad shrouds

Bars are all the same

Bashplate needs standard skidplate fitting kit from F800GS available from your dealer

Bashplate is 4mm aircraft grade aluminium.

hope this helps!

chris
(not dumbass, all valid points!)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #54
twuelfing
Adventurer

Quote:
No bars will ship in the next few days

There are currently no finished sets of bars. We have a batch of twenty five on the go but these will definately not go out until end of next week at the absolute earliest.

chris
awesome, thanks for the info.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #55
2touringtheworld
World shrinkers

Oddometer: 1,216
Ordered and anxiously awaiting

Chris,

Order placed and anxiously awaiting a full seat of gear (crash bars, bash plate and hand guards)! My wife is not that patient so don't disappoint...

Thanks for everything and we'll send you pics of her new F650GS with the gear mounted up.

Mike and Kim
2touringtheworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #56
SelkieRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Just curious...

Anyone receive their bars yet? And if you did, have you installed them? Thoughts? Pix?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #57
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelkieRider

Anyone receive their bars yet?
I'm guessing that they haven't yet completed production fully. I ordered bars and bashplate within a day, or so, of the announcement and, while I have an automated reply email saying "...payment for my order has cleared...", I note that the Paypal payment has not yet been debited from my account.

I guess this a good sign that the guys we are dealing with are doing the righteous thing, and not actually taking money from people until they CAN ship the product.

I can wait (for a little while).

A
Old 11-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #58
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Shipping and payment.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Rated
I'm guessing that they haven't yet completed production fully. I ordered bars and bashplate within a day, or so, of the announcement and, while I have an automated reply email saying "...payment for my order has cleared...", I note that the Paypal payment has not yet been debited from my account.

I guess this a good sign that the guys we are dealing with are doing the righteous thing, and not actually taking money from people until they CAN ship the product.

I can wait (for a little while).

A
Hi,
You guessed correct...
We weren't sure how well our product would be received and being a small company with a previously small output were cautious with delivery times as we'd only planned a small initial run.

Demand has been high and as such we expect the four week lead time to be accurate at this time.

We wont charge cards until we can give an accurate dispatch date. Any payments taken through Paypal will be kept in our account, but are 'held' by us until dispatch and will not be removed.

We really appreciate the interest and confidence in our product and are looking forward to getting a bunch of these out on the trail with happy customers. We are working flat out to cater to the larger than expected demand but are in no way compromising our ethos of supplying a superior quality hand crafted product.

So, dispatch within four weeks of order for now. Once intial batch is dealt with will be in a couple of days.

Chris

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 11-05-2008, 02:22 AM   #59
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:

...in no way compromising our ethos of supplying a superior quality hand crafted product.
Chris, this is exactly why I, for one, have been so happy to plunk down my money. Quality IS everything.

Quote:

So, dispatch within four weeks of order for now. Once intial batch is dealt with will be in a couple of days.
Thanks again. Understood.

Al
Old 11-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #60
=o&o>
I like to ==o&o>

Oddometer: 139
I've already got scrapes on both sides of my Adventure Spec bash plate, and some small paint scratches that would have been prevented by your crash bars. Ordered mine a week ago. Here's hoping I'm one of the first 25...

Thanks again, Chris.
=o&o> is offline   Reply With Quote