ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #181
Ridge-Runner OP
Playing tag like a kid
 
Ridge-Runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: WNC, almost SC
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack42
I ain't complaining but as I am a flatlander if I could find these local spots I would tag and take this thing east toward the coast. But I don't recognize none of these places except the first one. But I'm lurking so watch out!
Point well taken. We need to start giving some kinda clues as far as what road it is on or some sort of history on the place so people that dont live in any given area can google it and try to find it. When the tag makes it east (and it eventually will) I dont want to be left hanging trying to find it with a pic only. Give clues. Like for Looking Glass Falls U could say that it is on a State hiway with 3 #s that = 15. The falls are 60 ft tall. It has a rock and a creek that have the same name. We need some more clues so that others can get in the game. It has stayed in the Western part of the state b/c no one is able to figure out where these were unless U lived here. So lets try to make the clues a little better. When U place a tag look it up on google and find some facts about it and put those as clues.

RR
Ridge-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #182
Ridge-Runner OP
Playing tag like a kid
 
Ridge-Runner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: WNC, almost SC
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrjr
How about bringing this thing east, let us folks have a shot.
Please see rule #3.

RR
Ridge-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #183
ggrjr
Studly Adventurer
 
ggrjr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Statesville, NC
Oddometer: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
Let's see...

I think that YOU are suposed to come get it...
.........then YOU can take it anywhere in the state you like.

65 hour work week doesn't leave much time, for getting to the mountains.
__________________
"If you are arguing with a fool, make sure they are not doing the same."

2005 DL 1000
93 VFR
ggrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #184
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 23,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrjr
65 hour work week doesn't leave much time, for getting to the mountains.
I feel your pain

(I'm still at work)
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:34 AM   #185
Sixpack42
Studly Adventurer
 
Sixpack42's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Flatland,NC
Oddometer: 500
Don't complain. At least you got work! Things are slow here.
Sixpack42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #186
Stromin'Nroman
Studly Adventurer
 
Stromin'Nroman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 596
I'm not sure exactly where this one is.

I'll have to check the transponder data from these inmates' bikes.

Is that cheating?
__________________
Stromin'Nroman
NC28729, USA

Suzuki DL650A K7
SW-Motech Centre Stand & Crashbars
Caribou Luggage

".......and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC." Frank Zappa, 1979
Stromin'Nroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:16 AM   #187
Brew4u
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 58
Well,
I think that Ridge Runner might know where this is.
The only other clues I can give you before doing a little more research are that:
It is located in the Pisgah National Forest.
Some people call the area where it is located the "Coleman Boundry".
Go and get it.
Brew4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 AM   #188
travowen
Captain Kaboom
 
travowen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Ashevegas, NC (Motard Nirvana)
Oddometer: 83
Talking

I swear if I could see the photos here at work I'd be all over this Pisgah Forest conundrum.

Trav
__________________
Member Mount Hermon #118
"Unattended children will be given a free kitten and an espresso"
travowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #189
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 23,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by travowen
I swear if I could see the photos here at work I'd be all over this Pisgah Forest conundrum.

Trav
Here, can you see Brew's TAG now?
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #190
-G-
dirt camper
 
-G-'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville, NC
Oddometer: 96
more hints? there are so many NC climbing destinations besides LG.

to name a few:

Wiseman's
Whiteside
Linville
Rumbling Bald
Crowders Mtn
Little Table Rock
Wonderland
Lost Cove
Blowing Rock
Chimney Rock
Shortoff
Grandmother
Hounds Ears


Come on, how about a better hint?
__________________
1989 Honda Transalp
-G- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #191
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 23,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by -G-
more hints? there are so many NC climbing destinations besides LG.

to name a few:

Wiseman's
Whiteside
Linville
Rumbling Bald
Crowders Mtn
Little Table Rock
Wonderland
Lost Cove
Blowing Rock
Chimney Rock
Shortoff
Grandmother
Hounds Ears


Come on, how about a better hint?
I bet Chuck Norris knows where it is...
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #192
Cuttle
me? what?
 
Cuttle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mars
Oddometer: 10,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
I bet Chuck Norris knows where it is...
your don't have to be Chuck Norris to know this one

But: I am carpooling today

it never fails....
__________________
Cutītle (k?tīt'l)
1.(Zool.) A cephalopod of the genus Sepia, having an internal shell, large eyes, and ten arms furnished with denticulated suckers, by means of which it secures its prey. 2.A foul-mouthed fellow
Cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #193
knybanjo
kinda slow
 
knybanjo's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: out in the clover patch
Oddometer: 23,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle
your don't have to be Chuck Norris to know this one

But: I am carpooling today

it never fails....
I'm hoping to get out for a little ride this afternoon....but I doubt I'll have time to get this.
(unless I were to do a night ride like Stromin'Nromin did to get Buzzards Roost)
__________________
knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #194
Brew4u
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 58
G try Google, I posted some clues earlier today that will get you there.
Brew4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #195
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"
 
xtphreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Back in WNC
Oddometer: 7,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by v Ridge Runner v
Point well taken. We need to start giving some kinda clues as far as what road it is on or some sort of history on the place so people that dont live in any given area can google it and try to find it. When the tag makes it east (and it eventually will) I dont want to be left hanging trying to find it with a pic only. Give clues. Like for Looking Glass Falls U could say that it is on a State hiway with 3 #s that = 15. The falls are 60 ft tall. It has a rock and a creek that have the same name. We need some more clues so that others can get in the game. It has stayed in the Western part of the state b/c no one is able to figure out where these were unless U lived here. So lets try to make the clues a little better. When U place a tag look it up on google and find some facts about it and put those as clues.

RR
ain't a state highway


federal forest service road

whoops

my bad

yer giving an EXAMPLE

oh yeah

got it

well if we don't have a chance to go get the tag should we "help" with hints??
__________________
Do one thing every day that scares you. Baz Luhrmann
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E

xtphreak screwed with this post 10-02-2008 at 10:13 AM
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014