ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #2176
achesley
Old Motorcyclist
 
achesley's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Jennings, Louisiana
Oddometer: 3,359
Very Neat Peach. Love your choice of music. Are the roads that ruff or is it wind effect? Or both? I was trying to do the same yesterday on my afternoon ride but between the crosswinds and road surfaces , I was being bounced about pretty good. One look at the results and I deleted it to try another day. Like maybe today! ;-) Only 10% chance of rain down here. Means 90% chance of no rain. Yeah!
__________________

A '00 KLR 650 37,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 75,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #2177
Chader
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Billings, MT
Oddometer: 103
Great track for "The beginning...", NIN FTW

I saw them in concert this year and it was amazing.

Your getting pretty smooth with the manual tripoding too.
Chader is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #2178
tpar1220
such a pud..
 
tpar1220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: martinsville... ish, in.
Oddometer: 2,459



so.... peach, how many takes did it take to get this shot? i have the same camera and have played with the timer feature a bit, and would hate to think how many times this would have taken me to get..."the one".
tpar1220 is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #2179
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer
 
mrbreeze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: God's Country
Oddometer: 7,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach


When did you learn to hover?
__________________
2013 Suzuki DL650 Adventure

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #2180
Mane
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mane's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Guatemala
Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach
I'll be Damned! You're beatiful!

Regard,
Mane
__________________
'94 BMW R100GS Bumble Bee
'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 (Sold it, solid performer)
'06 KTM 640 Adventure (Sold it and regret it since day one)
'03 BMW R1150GS Adventure (Death because of hopistalary infection R.I.P.)
"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it".
Mane is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #2181
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze
When did you learn to hover?
That's them new Alpinestar Anti-gravity Boots... They are using The Darth Peach as a test subject. If all works out they are due to be released April 1, 2010.

Go Peach!!!
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib
DAKEZ is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #2182
the darth peach OP
eats crackers in bed
 
the darth peach's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: N.California
Oddometer: 11,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220


so.... peach, how many takes did it take to get this shot? i have the same camera and have played with the timer feature a bit, and would hate to think how many times this would have taken me to get..."the one".
Just one. I got lucky.
I kind of commit to not taking too many or forever to do any shot. It looses the spontaneity of it.
Stuff like that I found the closer you are to the camera, the better and sharper the final image is.
the darth peach is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #2183
the darth peach OP
eats crackers in bed
 
the darth peach's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: N.California
Oddometer: 11,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwines
From Italy! (sorry 4 english).

I tried to make the same.... where am i wrong?



(little landslide..... road closed)

Molto bene!!!!
the darth peach is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #2184
wordguy
Adventurer
 
wordguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mass/NH border
Oddometer: 82
Thumb Great thread

Hi DP,

I'm a noob who doesn't post much, but I discovered this thread a few days ago and have enjoyed getting caught up. What a great ongoing RR! I really like your pictures from the straight-up RR shots, to the macro work, to the little vignettes.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks,
-Alan
wordguy is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #2185
Da Bear
Twisted toy maker
 
Da Bear's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Portland, oregon. The Great North Wet
Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach
Hwy 1.....
Still working on motion control...
A few sky shots :)

Super windy still







Sound track, the four seasons-winter, am I correct?
__________________
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Ghandi

Leave everything to Chance.....
Da Bear is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #2186
stretchmark
StretchMark
 
stretchmark's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach
Just one. I got lucky.
I kind of commit to not taking too many or forever to do any shot. It looses the spontaneity of it.
Stuff like that I found the closer you are to the camera, the better and sharper the final image is.
2 tries for my anti-gravity shot


Great report Rivka! Always cracks me up
Do let us know when you come back East (when the weather is warmer)
stretchmark is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #2187
sirwines
Adventurer
 
sirwines's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Piedmont (Italy) N.W.
Oddometer: 38
to TDP.. Thanks :)



sometimes leaves are not green...







little cold to ride bike..
sirwines is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #2188
the darth peach OP
eats crackers in bed
 
the darth peach's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: N.California
Oddometer: 11,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchmark
2 tries for my anti-gravity shot


Great report Rivka! Always cracks me up
Do let us know when you come back East (when the weather is warmer)


Nice!!!!
the darth peach is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #2189
dartfrog
SFC USAR (R)
 
dartfrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach


I really wish I could have stayed longer and tooled around and visited with people.

Seeing my sister and the kids put a lot of stuff in perspective.
Almost as much as riding does
Good thing you saw them when you did. This weekend is a wash out.

A Winter Weather Advisory for Middle Tennessee from Saturday 6pm to 6am. (In WEST Tennessee a Winter Storm Warning from Saturday Noon to 6am with accumulation amounts in that area 3-5".)

SATURDAY NIGHT:

A changeover to snow in the early evening. In Middle Tennessee, most areas get 1-2" accumulation. Areas in the southwest corner of Middle Tennessee get 3 inches (toward Waynesboro, Lawrenceburg, and Savannah). Impressive snow showers during the evening. Snow gradually ends overnight.
LOWS: Nashville-28

SUNDAY:
Mostly sunny, windy, and cold! North wind at 20, gusts to 30. Wind Chill Temps in the 20s.


I wish old winter would just die.
__________________
Charlie

AMA #259785
dartfrog is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #2190
the darth peach OP
eats crackers in bed
 
the darth peach's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: N.California
Oddometer: 11,397
the darth peach is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014