Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 AM   #6706
francs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
Cry

I hope you have new challenges in your life and this is not inspired you any more.
I will miss this thread.
Ride safe.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:14 AM   #6707
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,793
inspirational

truly DP, truly great stuff.
I am at a loss to understand what has happend,however it has and we must move on,and you have shown us how over the last few weeks.
Hope things go well for you now and forever.I was looking for a place for the pose ,I hope i get a chance to post one in the future.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #6708
roscoau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Bugger this tip-toeing around. What happened to make Rivka do this?

Old 10-06-2009, 05:03 AM   #6709
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
There is a bitter hateful few that feel it is their responsibility to destroy all that they feel is not up to their standards with regard to a Ride Report. They see this as a personal blog and as such not a Ride Report. Yet you never see a ride report from them....hmmm. Frankly you rarely see them out of the basement except to come in this thread and post inappropriate comments that the mods have to move back to the basement. The vocal minority has raised enough stink that either by Rivka's own choice or by the request of mods she has elected to end her RR.

Pretty sad to be honest. Some people don't understand that their perception is not gospel and just because they disagree with it they have elected to attack it. Rather than mind their own business they have repeatedly attacked Rivka in Jo Momma with silly hateful attacks on her, her ride report, and those that have enjoyed it. Very sad and truly takes this entire forum in a direction counter to what it is.

Of course this is all my own opinion and could be completely wrong.

Steverino screwed with this post 10-06-2009 at 05:26 AM
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 AM   #6710
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,394
Thank you TDP. I have really enjoyed this and I will miss it.

Did the trooper take you to the hoosegow?

I hope you didn't get a performance award.

May the Lord bless and keep you, in all you do.

You have been a bright spot in my life, a blessing to me. I hope we have not heard the last from you.

Travels with Maw Maw
Old 10-06-2009, 05:21 AM   #6711
FinlandThumper
Has Cake/Eats it Too

Oddometer: 6,939
I've been lurking here in RR, but this is one of the best sagas I've read on here. I think its' cool you just strung it out.

Sorry to hear you're quitting, I checked in here quite often to see the updates. Good luck to you anyway...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #6712
Lurch II
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Bittersweet

Don't know if Steverino is right about the cause, but it is a bittersweet ending for me. I have enjoyed this RR as much as any, not for the "studly adventures" but for the glimpse we got into the soul of Rivka, a warm, caring, articulate and creative human being who has the courage to share her innermost thoughts with us. That takes a lot more courage than the folks who have bitched about her down in the basement have exhibited in their whining. So Rivka, it will always be your ride and your report. None of us can take that away from you. I will miss your reports but expect that another RR will eventually make it's way here. I look forward to the next one!

Shawn
2007 R1200GSA - Lurch II (his)
2007 R1200GS - Wickd (hers)
"Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it." - W. Somerset Maugham
Old 10-06-2009, 05:27 AM   #6713
MarkE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Just an echo

I can only echo the sentiments expressed by others. This thread has shown me a part of the world I may never see; big deal, many threads do that but far more important, it has introduced me to a person I feel I know and can respect. Merely knowing such people exist somewhere is a much needed reminder when the world feels so full of timewasters and oxygen thieves.

I hope your injuries continue to heal and life goes well for you. If you decide to set up your own blog somewhere, do let us know, I'll be there.

Thank you for riding, thank you for stopping to photograph, thank you for sharing. Most of all though, thank you for being.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #6714
Dessert Storm
Dances With Drunks

Oddometer: 780
Sorry to see you end your RR, TDP.

While I admit to having been slightly uncomfortable with the idea that it was likely to have become the biggest-ever thread on here (IMHO, that honour should always be held by one of the 'epics'), I have always enjoyed reading your reports and witty comments, and looking at your great photos. And clearly, so did a lot of other people.

Thanks for all the effort you have put in. Hope you stick around.

(Manti are dumplings not all too different from gyoza or pelmini) - Tourist.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #6715
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
There is a bitter hateful few that feel it is their responsibility to destroy all that they feel is not up to their standards with regard to a Ride Report. They see this as a personal blog and as such not a Ride Report. Yet you never see a ride report from them....hmmm. Frankly you rarely see them out of the basement except to come in this thread and post inappropriate comments that the mods have to move back to the basement. The vocal minority has raised enough stink that either by Rivka's own choice or by the request of mods she has elected to end her RR.

Pretty sad to be honest. Some people don't understand that their perception is not gospel and just because they disagree with it they have elected to attack it. Rather than mind their own business they have repeatedly attacked Rivka in Jo Momma with silly hateful attacks on her, her ride report, and those that have enjoyed it. Very sad and truly takes this entire forum in a direction counter to what it is.

Of course this is all my own opinion and could be completely wrong.
That about sums it up. Sad indeed. Someone that actually contributes something of substance is picked on and forced to limit there contributions....not the first time. I stay here because of the friends that I have made through here, but I am sad to see some of these things happening.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 AM   #6716
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,796
This is so very difficult there is a lot I want to say but I'm pulling the reins in and won't let the rant out. Like many others I have no idea of what has happened here and can only speculate so rather than to rant I will add what I think of the one and only Darth Peach.

Ok I think I have it together now.

Rivka, I have been following this thread since it started, rarely posting to it as I didn't want to clutter your fun report, but I have always been there. You are one class act, sharing your world with us through your eyes and on our favorite form of transportation. I have always loved your "poses", your humor and the fun you make out of every day things. I can't pass a call box without thinking of your "call to Triumph". Bridges, oh my the bridges and how many of us can see a deserted road and not want to sit in the middle of it. Heck, look at Lu - - he's out there in the middle of ice and snow and has to sit in the middle of the road and get a wet ass just for you. There are so many others - - - There have been times when a few of us would be having a bad day at work and I would go pull up one of your pictures and share with some of my work mates. They always get a kick out of your antics and it has given them a very positive impression of women riding motorcycles.

You have showed all of us so much about riding and inspired many. This spring when I realized I would need to stay closer to home this season I was a bit bummed until I thought of you and all the wonderful things you find in your "backyard". I've always like ghost towns and lookout towers so I decided to see what I could find in my "backyard". Yes, you inspired me to go out chasing ghosts and it's been a blast.

Along with the long list of things that have impressed me about you is you have always been there for other people caring about others when they have had difficulties and/or injuries no matter what was going on with you. You've always found time for your ADV family. Best of all you have demonstrated that women can ride motorcycles, hang out with the boys and still be 100% ladylike, as I said you are one class act.

It makes me sad that this is coming to an end but thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to sharing your corner of the world with us. Many, many good wishes are sent your way for more riding tons more fun and all the happiness the world has to offer.

Three cheers for The Darth Peach!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #6717
roscoau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
There is a bitter hateful few that feel it is their responsibility to destroy all that they feel is not up to their standards with regard to a Ride Report.
That's pathetic. They are just limp dicks.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #6718
M1tch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327

no more daily 'boost' eh? i will miss the good vibes from this thread.

will be watching the website with interest.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #6719
Siinthai
ODAAT

Oddometer: 58
limp dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoau
That's pathetic. They are just limp dicks.
Funny that...think you're being too generous....probably more to do with their inadequate size ! Noticed most of them have hardcore avatars too....

TDP, you have done so much good for this whole forum and a inspired a great deal of people to actually get out there and RIDE a bike not a forum...
Thank you for that and hopefully your story shall continue on your site...all the best..and expect some visitors on the RTW..in the next year or so...

Siinthai screwed with this post 10-06-2009 at 07:21 AM
Old 10-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #6720
Moooz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 423
What goes around comes around. There's been plenty of good coming from this thread, along with some bad. One thing for sure, I've experienced plenty of joy by reading your posts and looking at the amazing photos you've posted.
You've got an amazing spirit for life. When you've hit bumps in the road we've felt sad for you but you've shown us all by picking yourself up and moving on.
Stay safe, enjoy the ride! Please stop by from time to time to post up and let us know what you've been up to. Thanks for letting us all ride along Miss Peach.
Closed Thread