User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #6751
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,497
Cry Trust not what the future may hold...

Dear Rivka,

I thought I would take a moment to share with you and others what I got from you, your thread and the revelry you have shared.

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

"Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future."

Please stay in touch Rivka. The smiles you send help more than you could ever know.

Your sharing through adversity is an inspiration. It has helped to keep me focused and has helped to keep me living for the day looking forward to better days while not expecting them to be trouble free.

This thread coming to an end will leave a void and your revelry will be missed.

All the best.
Simeon

RIDE RIDE RIDE

"We had laughs (mostly them at me for gabbing on morphine), a few tears and some food. Just like a campfire only different. :) "
The Darth Peach 3/19/09

DAKEZ screwed with this post 10-06-2009 at 09:26 AM
Old 10-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #6752
robbie0365
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Well.........

I dunno what to say what hasn't been said allready but this is sad enough to tempt me out of lurker-mode.

The TDP and Kaneman RR's are actually the first ones i read from start to finish, and I have enjoyed them a lot. I found them very personal and an inspiration. Moreso am I sorry to see both threads killed in the same fashion.

I will miss this report but very much respect your decision to quit.

Thank you, take care, safe travels, safe cooking....
Old 10-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #6753
Radioman
Moto rider

Oddometer: 4,946
Thanks Rivka. Enjoyed the ride.

A Rose for a Rose

when you venture up north let us know!!

Ride of my Lifetime...... Thread started 5/11/2011 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post15950430
Old 10-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #6754
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
thanks for the memories

TDP - thanks for the wonderful stories of riding, and trials and tribulations that surround that insatiable desire to keep riding, no matter the cost. you've been an inspiration to us all, and while this thread may be ending, i'm sure your future here on adv does not; you're an asset to the community, and someone who was able to put into words & photos the love of the road.

i hope that someday we can meet in person and ride together.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #6755
sdpc2
Just another Rally Rat

Oddometer: 1,097
+1 Couldn't have said it better myself....

Sorry to see this RR end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch II
Don't know if Steverino is right about the cause, but it is a bittersweet ending for me. I have enjoyed this RR as much as any, not for the "studly adventures" but for the glimpse we got into the soul of Rivka, a warm, caring, articulate and creative human being who has the courage to share her innermost thoughts with us. That takes a lot more courage than the folks who have bitched about her down in the basement have exhibited in their whining. So Rivka, it will always be your ride and your report. None of us can take that away from you. I will miss your reports but expect that another RR will eventually make it's way here. I look forward to the next one!

I lower my passenger pegs for those riders that have gone before me
Old 10-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #6756
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieGS
It's called 'Inmates.'
There's a reason it's called 'the basement', and it's not because it's a good place for a "blog".

Thanks for all the miles and smiles peach!

timk519 screwed with this post 10-06-2009 at 10:05 AM
Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #6757
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 915
Thanks for the pics
Thanks for the ride
Thanks for the miles
Thanks for the smiles
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #6758
Putts
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519
There's a reason it's called 'ride reports', and it's not because it's a good place for a "blog".
FTFY

See that's the problem, it goes both ways. It's a tricky bit of stuff, this thread, enjoyable sure, but not a ride report IMHO.

I hope TDP finds a venue for her thoughts ... personally I think she would do well to just ask the mods to move it to Inmates, then it could live just as it has. Okay, sure, it wouldn't have the protection of the rules of RR, but if it's not an RR to start with ... .

Ride safe, Rivka. And when you do go on an ADVenturous ride, please feel free to report on it here, there are obviously many people who care.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #6759
SparkyL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Rider

Know how ya feel! My little kodak that took all the great Alaska pics (that was stolen and recovered) has bitten the dust. Probably 5,000 pics taken. A few of those will be framed...that camera really was the beginning of a hobby I enjoy as much as riding! Never thought I would ever have a hobby that could be remotely described as 'artistic'.

Oh well. Perfect excuse to buy a new Canon SX20 IS with my Christmas bonus. Awesome point and shoot with a 20x optical zoom and tons of options. Will still probably buy another kodak for action shots while riding. It's more compact, and I wouldn't want to drop the $400.00 Canon while doing 70mph
What's a Christmas bonus?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #6760
TripleTee
Over the river

Oddometer: 5,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by matkal
I'm not normally a confrontational person. But if i ever meet one or more of the assholes that got this thread shut down I will, at minimum, slap them in the face like the whiny bitch they are!
Check out the big balls on Brett.

Little Foot
Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #6761
AnnieGS
Namasté, bitches!

Oddometer: 29,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519
There's a reason it's called 'the basement', and it's not because it's a good place for a "blog".

Thanks for all the miles and smiles peach!
I think you'll find lots of blogs in Inmates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putts
Ride safe, Rivka. And when you do go on an ADVenturous ride, please feel free to report on it here, there are obviously many people who care.

+1. It was good to meet you in Rio Nido, Rivka.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #6762
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Quote:
See that's the problem, it goes both ways. It's a tricky bit of stuff, this thread, enjoyable sure, but not a ride report IMHO.
Dude - disagree with me all you want, but don't "quote" me with words I didn't write.

Quote:
I hope TDP finds a venue for her thoughts ... personally I think she would do well to just ask the mods to move it to Inmates, then it could live just as it has.
Why should she? If the mods don't have a problem with it being here, then the only reason she'd have move it would be to please people like you. And if this was moved to inmates, there's no way it'd survive what the nonsense that passes for discourse down there.

There were rides. They were reported. Sure there was some "inbetween" stuff, but the readership was interested in what was happening, and it served as filler between the outings - much like some of the longer rides which have also been reported here.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #6763
drdirty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Bye Peach!
missyoumeanit
Old 10-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #6764
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,316
DP has contributed countless hours posting pics of her rides and juding by the response of the viewers of this thread, she has struck a chord with a lot of you. DP will continue her life journey and may post again on this site or through her own site. www.thedarthpeach.com

This thread has is now closed. Thank you for your participation.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #6765
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,316
Now that we have a Day Trippin' forum and DP's thread is mostly about her day trips, it's back on!