ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #751
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,104
If only my TE610 were here by then, I'd be hitting you up for trailer space for the Black Dog...
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #752
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar
If only my TE610 were here by then, I'd be hitting you up for trailer space for the Black Dog...
Ah, velly good, now you can ride my sidecar in the Rally.

Note that even slight increases in relative weight does reduce the steepness of what the Ural can climb.

Come on, you know you wanna do it! It's like sailing, all you have to do is lean to the higher or inside (however you want to look at it) edge of the car. The more you hang out, the faster I can go in a turn - so on level ground I'm better off with a human, right now I'm going to have run two good-size bags of gravel and there's just not as much fun in that

StoneAge Man
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #753
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 2,104
I think if I leaned out too far, I'd be lifting the bike off by way of the hack... at least with you on it...
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #754
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzar
I think if I leaned out too far, I'd be lifting the bike off by way of the hack... at least with you on it...

I don't know about that - come over to Seattle this weekend and we'll try it out - or maybe I'll run it over to CB tomorrow (thu)?

The Ural is 700+ llbs dry, add fluids and gas - it's designed for two army guys with ammo and a 30 cal. machine guy

StoneAge Steve
Old 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #755
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,885
Tip of the week
Hydration Systems

1. Only use water! No powder mixes. Anything with sugar in it will result in mold.
2. Find a bladder with a detachable hose. (Platypus comes to mind)
The detachable hose makes it easier to toss in the freezer, for hot summer rides. Some guys keep their bladder in the freezer, which really keeps the mold away. You then take it out on Friday before your ride, toss it in the cooler (if you are driving to an event), to keep your other beverages cold. And by the time you're in the scorching sun on Saturday, enough water has melted to provide a nice icy cold refreshing drink. And it continues to melt throughout the day.
You will have to work with the timing of pulling it out of the freezer, to start the melting process.
The other nice thing about a unit with a detachable hose, is that you can keep the hose threaded on your pack and have two (frozen) bladders ready to go in the cooler.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #756
gabrielu
who's a berg?

Oddometer: 440
Tip of the week Hydration Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder
Tip of the week
Hydration Systems

1. Only use water! No powder mixes. Anything with sugar in it will result in mold.
2. Find a bladder with a detachable hose. (Platypus comes to mind)
The detachable hose makes it easier to toss in the freezer, for hot summer rides. Some guys keep their bladder in the freezer, which really keeps the mold away. You then take it out on Friday before your ride, toss it in the cooler (if you are driving to an event), to keep your other beverages cold. And by the time you're in the scorching sun on Saturday, enough water has melted to provide a nice icy cold refreshing drink. And it continues to melt throughout the day.
You will have to work with the timing of pulling it out of the freezer, to start the melting process.
The other nice thing about a unit with a detachable hose, is that you can keep the hose threaded on your pack and have two (frozen) bladders ready to go in the cooler.
3. To avoid mold and bacteria after each ride I rinse w/mouthwash, and leave a little in the bladder and in the hose.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 AM   #757
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

Oddometer: 1,581
TODAY IS MAG DAY !!!!!!
I will be at CB @6PM with my daughter in tow. I think she is more excited about going tonight then I am. I think she might have learned another magic trick to show everyone.

Lots of activity yesterday, so I guess everyone is excited about the first weekend of summer and riding. I invited another group of riders to join us tonight. So when you see the line of Harley's out front, it is OK they are joining us. JUST KIDDING.

The group is part of MEETUP.com (http://www.meetup.com/Dual-Sport/ )

PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. There are groups for almost everything from archery to zebra riding.

Meetup.com makes it easy to schedule rides and other activities. I suggest you join this group, if you are one of the many that are looking for riding partners or new place to ride.

I know a lot of reading but you have made it to THE END
Tail Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #758
drewbuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
what is this at the Shelton Valley this weekend? Is it an open/group ride or just a few people?

Just curious...Might be looking for something to do this weekend. I'm also posting in the main area.

-Andy
206-304-8577
Totaled Bikes: 04 XR650L
drewbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #759
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbuddy
what is this at the Shelton Valley this weekend? Is it an open/group ride or just a few people?

Just curious...Might be looking for something to do this weekend. I'm also posting in the main area.

-Andy
206-304-8577
Here you go:
http://tinyurl.com/37zxtfg
(I got that from Guns)

There is a pdf in there somewhere. Here's the link:
http://nmaoffroad.org/downloads/MemorialFunRun2010.pdf

I'm guessing Its a Poker Run, although it doesn't say on the flyer, anyone can enter. Very cool area to ride, (only available during events) Camping is nice too.

Andy,
Are you going to be at CB this week or next? I will need the roll chart holder by June 3rd, for the Black Dog DS.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #760
drewbuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
I didn't know it was a poker run, thats nifty. Never done one of those. Seems like a decent sized organized ride. I'm going to keep my eye out for any of you guys who might be interested in something more casual and half day or day trip instead of overnight.

Since you asked so nicely, I suppose I could return them!! I will stop by tonight, but a little late...perhaps 6:30 or 6:45? Or you can call me and stop by if you prefer. (address and cell below)

thanks,

Andy
206-304-8577

Resort at Forbes Creek Apartments
11133 NE 109th Lane, #M302
Kirkland, WA
Totaled Bikes: 04 XR650L
drewbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #761
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Thinking more about the Shelton Valley Fun Run - If riding on Saturday, it is probably best to leave super early on Saturday to avoid the Friday night and Saturday morning holiday rush on I-5. Better yet is to go down Saturday night or very early Sunday AM and take advantage of the forecasted dry Sunday weather.

Linky:
http://www.psermc.org/races/funrun

Thread on Thumpertalk NW Dirt section also.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #762
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielu
3. To avoid mold and bacteria after each ride I rinse w/mouthwash, and leave a little in the bladder and in the hose.
I have 3 (NEW) plungers suctioned to my dryer at home, that I take the camelback and turn it upside down and place the plunger handle through the filling hole, that way it can dry out. I have been doing this since my wife and I have lived togeather, keep's my camelback bladders dry, and the wife from leaving my clothe's unfolded on the dryer...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:16 AM   #763
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Almost sometimes sort of counts

I almost made it over there today - but the Ural needed oil change and a valve adjustment. Changed the jets yesterday - ready for Black Dog now!

Memorial Day itself I'll be going down to Hood River for the week - mostly to keep Mr.Cob from going past where a typical side car might while checking the trail condition.

So that pretty much does in any chance of riding this weekend, got to start trying to find those few little items that I want with me for my comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports
plungers suctioned to my dryer
That sounds good, I've been using a towel rack but it's not the perfect setup.

StoneAge
Old 05-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #764
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

Nice turn out last night. Thanks to everyone on the far end of the table keeping my daughter entertained.

The outside line up ( there are a few bikes that did not make tonight picture) The red in the bottom right corner is my ride.

tail lineup

See you all next week.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

Cheers
Drew
Old 05-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #765
Tail Gunner
Life is Good !!!

B C Big Trailie Ride 5 - June 18th

In a few weeks I will going back to Canada (if they let me in) to ride the

B C Big Trailie Ride 5 - June 18th
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521462

I went a few years ago and they were a great bunch of guys to ride with and it should be a lot of fun.

Cheers
Drew